• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT11 Info & Event Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Small Writing Competition
    Like every other GT, this event is what it says on the tin - a competition to write the best short story, with a given prompt as a starting point. Entries get judged on the plot/characterisation/etc, spelling and grammar, and how they made use of the prompt. It'll run for at least three days for entries, subject to possible extensions within the GT timeline.

Other judges (necessary, need at least three in total, no more than four) to be determined, we'll see who has time and willingness to judge this year I suppose, touch too early to have that answered already.

Years
  • I'd definitely love to host a Pokémon anime snapshots contest, or a Pokémon anime caption contest if the former isn't possible. And maybe even a PC trivia contest as well like in past years. :3

Name of event: Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest
    Description: Members will look around the internet for a snapshot of a caption from the Pokémon anime relevant to any given category by the host.
    Others: Yes
    Event requires judges: Yes

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Name of event: Radio Jams
    Description of the event: We're blowing the dust off the old DJ stations and making use of the PokeCommunity Radio once again! The radio allows members to play their favorite music (granted they create a playlist, hint hint) - and we might even have a theme this year! - and chat with their fellow PC members all at once! It's a classic way to spend time together so it's perfect for the 2014 Get-Together.
    Other person(s) running the event: N/A at this time, liable to change

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Name of the event: PokéCommunity Sing-Off
    Description of the event, including running times: Everyone loves singing, right? So warm up your vocal chords and sing a song for PC! Entries should be at least 90 seconds long; backing music is entirely optional. Five days for entries, two for voting.
    Other person(s) running the event: idk whoever wants to just hmu
    Event requires judges? No

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Name of the event: GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Description of the event: A Pokemon Game Challenge where people will need to defeat the Elite Four post game with a newly raised team using restrictions set out by the Challenge thread. It will be themed to GT itself. The event will run for the entirety of the main GT events.
    Other person(s) running the event: Jak
    Event requires judges: No

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Name of the event: Pokémon Anime Episode Arc Streams
    (name change possible)
    Description of the event: Journey with Ash and friends through all six regions and beyond! Whether the episodes are with Brock and Misty, Iris and Cilan, or anyone else, we'll be sure to stream them. The streams will be hosted in a free streaming room that requires no account for access. Each day there will be multiple streams, provided by your hosts, that will all consist of arcs, which are smaller plots of the series that take more than one episode to conclude (such as the episodes when Meowth left Team Rocket during Best Wishes, and the episodes when May met up with Ash in Sinnoh). Streams will vary in time but will at least run for an hour. Feel free to join in at any time during the streams!
    Other person(s) running the event: Aquacorde and Sage Ghetsis

Last edited:

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • Name of Event

Triology Exhibition

Description of the event

This is just a simple event that will be divided into 3 rounds. :)
    And each round, there is specific task to accomplish. Participants who will meet/pass the specific criteria will proceed onto the next rounds.

Rounds to be covered

Spoiler:

Other person(s) running the event

• acatfrommars

Event requires judges?

Yes

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Name of the event: Prettiest Profile Contest!

Description of the event: Contestants design and submit their magnificent profiles, doing their best to match the selected theme. They'll be voted for by other members, and there will be both a Supporter and non-Supporter bracket. Winners and runners-ups of each bracket will receive a specially designed banner for their signatures, and all contestants will receive an emblem for participation.

Other person(s) running the event: Sora and acatfrommars.

Event requires judges: No.

Last year's contest.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Name of the event : GTA V Stunt Competition
    Description of the event, including running times : 3 days of stunts and then 2 days of voting.
    Other person(s) running the event (you are automatically self-nominated) : If someone wants to run it on Playstation that'd be great, but if not then no.
    Event requires judges? : The community are the judges.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Name of the event: GT11 Pokémon Design Contest.
    Description of the event, including running times: Design the craziest, cutest and coolest pokémon in this pokémon design contest. They will be judged from aesthetics, moveset, pokédek entries/backstory and creativity. It will run for the entirety of GT11, with the judging being done in the first half of wrap up week and the winners being announced on the second half of wrap up week.
    Other person(s) running the event (you are automatically self-nominated): Me and possibly 2-3 other judges
    Event requires judges?: Yes

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Name of the event: PC Get-Together Trivia Competition!
    Description of the event: Users will get a week to answer 50 questions, varying from general trivia to Pokemon, and even Pokecommunity-related questions. As most point based competitions go, the user with the most correctly answered questions wins.
    Other person(s) running the event: Avant Garde will also be hosting, most likely.
    Event requires judges: If counting correct answers counts as judging, then yes.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Name of the event: Pokemon Battling Tournament
    Description of the event: A Pokemon battle tournament! Available through Wi-Fi and Pokemon Showdown! Earn points through winning battles and aim to get the highest points at the end of the get-together in order to win <insert valuable prize here>!
    Other person(s) running the event: awolffromspace, Miss Fortune

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Name of the event: Retro Gaming Event.
    Description of the event: Users will get 2/3 retro games to play during the Get-Together. They will compete with other fellow members to try to get the highest score, with a special emblem as the reward.
    Other person(s) running the event: I dunno, depends on if anyone wanna help me hosting.
    Event requires judges: No, there's literally nothing to judge there, just counting high scores.

Name of the event: Anime Movies(or regular movies) Streaming Sessions
    Description of the event: People will stream anime movies(or whatever they're called) for members to watch together.
    Other person(s) running the event: Definitely not me. Don't have a good enough Internet so I'm just putting the idea out there.
    Event requires judges: Nope.

Years
  • Name of the event: Mini-Quest hack challenge (better name pending)
    Running time: From the beginning of GT11 to the end.
    Description: Hackers will have this time to create a short hack and make it as good and fun as possible. Hackers can have teams or work alone.
    Other person(s) running the event: Anyone who wants to join :D
    Event requires judges? Yes judges will play the hacks and will all vote on a winner the hack with the most votes wins.
    PS: I know that it is only from the 6th to the 12th but I was thinking that maybe it's a 2 week thing but it's up to you ^-^

More info: I think this event can really bring more attention to the hacking community and get more people interested in it and can get both new hackers and veterans working together to bring about a better hacking community. I will of course play every hack and with term over I have a lot of free time for this so that won't be an issue. I think this can really work because nothing like this has been done before, to my knowledge, and it would be so much fun :D

-Lux

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    So excited for this!

Name of the event: PC Scavenger Hunt
    Description of the event, including running times: My cat Pokemon have gone missing! Could you please help me find them? Search all throughout the PC website to help me find my 10 kittens please. 10 cat Pokemon sprites will be placed throughout the website and on external clients (such a PS server, Facebook, etc.). The sprites will not be on threads or posts that are older than 2 weeks. A new hint will be provided each day. Event time: All week.
    Other person(s) running the event (you are automatically self-nominated): Antemortem

Name of the event: Staff Vs Members
    Description of the event, including running times: All Week. Who is better, the Staff or the Members? Find out in this leaderboard styled tournament which will pit Staff vs Members in a variety of different challenges. Ranging from Robot Unicorn Attack to 1 vs 1 Pokemon battles, each day 1-5 place will win points for their team. Furthermore, there will be bonuses each team can earn throughout the week.
    Other person(s) running the event (you are automatically self-nominated): 1 More

Someone please host a Fortune Cup. :p

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name of the event: Design-A-Hoenn Mega Evolution Contest!
    Description of the event: To help alleviate the pain of waiting so long for ORAS to be released, create a concept for a new Mega evolution of a Hoenn Pokemon of your choice, except the ones that have an existing Mega evolution. Ability, stats, type changes, and any other additions!
    Other person(s) running the event? Not at the moment, subject to change.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Name of the event: Trade Corner's Speed Breeding Challenge.
    Description of the event: A pokémon with certain characteristics will be announced on the thread. Specific nature, IV's, weird egg moves and so on. Participants must then start working on breeding it. The first participant to post a screenshot of the pokémon's summary showing the characteristics needed wins. Several rounds may be held. One round per day and an estimate of 3 rounds, so 3 days.
    Other person(s) running the event: None right now, but this may change.
    Event requires judges? Nope.

Chiere

Banned
    Years
  • Name of the event-Signature/Avatar Contest

Description of the event, including running times-Similiar to the Prettiest Profile Contest, but this one involves coordinating your signature and avatar to fit a certain theme, which will be announced later. Show off your creative side! The entries will be voted on by the community.

Other person(s) running the event-gimmepie, Yato and Synchronous

Event requires judges?-No

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Name of the event: Around PC in 7 days
    Description of the event: Explore all of PC by participating in a list of fun, all-over-the-forum events! Post a video game review, respond to 5 CCC threads, or make a blog post about your favorite part of PC - who can conquer all of PC?
    Runtime: July 6-12
    Other person(s) running the event (you are automatically self-nominated): None
    Event requires judges?: No

Side note: with all this discussion on emblems, could we make the GT more like MOTY emblem-wise? Not have a set of emblems for every year forever, but maybe a set of so many emblems for GT11 that are like "you won a GT event", "you participated in 10+ GT events", etc.? To reduce the number of emblems since usually it's at least 2 per event.

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • Name of the event: Draw a kitty contest
    Description of the event, including running times: July 6th to July 12th. 10am to 12am CST =6
    This event is another art contest but is kept related to cat's, kittens.
    Other person(s) running the event (you are automatically self-nominated) Me and people who apply to me by PM.
    Event requires judges? Yes. Apply by PM.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back