• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Pseudo-Legendary

Favorite 3rd Gen Pseudo

• Salamence

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Metagross

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
  • I didn't know where to catch Bagon then when I first played RSE, so I didn't really know how that guy played. I am in favor of Metagross though. It's one of my favorite Steel types. Its Shiny Color is very appealing to me too. >w<

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I never used Beldum until Diamond and Pearl came out, bred one and then traded it to myself in Pearl to use as a starter. I really liked it, a lot more than Larvitar, Dratini and Bagon. Whilst it was tedious to level grind up, I did enjoy using it.

I think the fact it was Steel/Psychic type was the main drawing appeal to me. It was nice to break away from the Dragon expectation of Psuedo-Legendaries to be honest.

Beldum is a challenge but it's one of the very few Pokémon I feel genuine pride upon it evolving in to its final form, so my vote goes for that.

Bagon is really frail and Shelgon is annoying. Does Trapinch count? Vibrava is fun to use, and Flygon is exceptional. Again, I didn't really use them until the later games however.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • I am also in favour of Metagross as he is an awesome Metal type. Despite the fact his Mega Evolution is slightly awkward, it is still cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Design-wise, Metagross is definitely my choice. It looks extremely fierce, if you ask me. When it comes to battling, it's got to be Salamence. It's more superior stats-wise, in my opinion, and has access to wider range of attacks. All-in-all, it could take down a more variety of opponents than former. Metagross does make a good tank, though!

Reactions: Zal

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • I never really used Salamence in Emerald, because, you know, there's Rayquayza and all. Even on the Battle Frontier, Metagross kicked butt survived way longer than my Salamence normally did.

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Both are so boss and great (I like them both), however, I love Dragon-types, so Salamance has the win.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Salamence! It's a badass dragon, of course I have to pick it. Although Metagross is a close second, because I think its design is really cool too.

Years
  • Thinking it over, I like Salamence more. Although its design isn't TOO different from most other Dragon-types, it's still a neat Pokémon considering it can run physical, special or mixed. Metagross is neat, don't get me wrong, but i've just always liked Salamence more. That might change when we see Mega Metagross in action, though.

Also, fun fact, Salamence and Metagross cover each other insanely well, they resist almost every attack out there xD (Well, they won't come ORAS...)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I like better Metagross because not only can it pack a punch, but it's very defensive also. And it always gave me nightmares when I had to face Steven's Metagross xD

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I like better Metagross because not only can it pack a punch, but it's very defensive also. And it always gave me nightmares when I had to face Steven's Metagross xD

Haha, Steven's Metagross you say? Didn't stand a chance against my Salamence. Honestly, Salamence was my trump card throughout late Ruby - postgame.

But Metagross is really well thought out in terms of competitive battling. Salamence would be better at survival, because of its well-:rounded stats, but in a competitive battle it needs a little more speed, because it's 80 Def/Spd won't shield it well from sweepers. Same goes for its offensive capability. 135 is already a superb base stat, but that Special Attack won't do it any good as a Mixed Sweeper. Maybe if they could take off some Spa and put it on Atk...

Oh. Then it'd be a legendary.

Reactions: Zal
    Years
  • uuuugh
    I love both!!

Salamence probably wins though. Really sleek and ferocious design; grew on me very quickly despite my preference being for cute Pokemon. It helped me win so many gym matches in my time playing R/S/E as a kid and was worth the time to level up.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I prefer Metagross. Its design is magnificent, despite the fact that the Mega Evolution which shall be given to it when Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire come out in November looks slightly awkward.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I never raised a Metagross until my last playthrough on and off from 2011-2013. It's undoubtedly awesome and I EV'd it and it became my main fighter in Battle Frontier (Latios always gets taken down easily due to his IVs).

However, Salamence is easily my favourite, one of my favourite pokémon of all time. The knowledge that you've genuinely helped Bagon achieve his dreams, the almighty power in battle, how much damage Drake's Salamence has done to me, plus the really cool TCG card I have of him...outstanding.

Years
  • I like Salamance because i like Dragon types. And it was a pain to capture it in Pokemon Ranger, i mean Metagross was annoying too, but Metagross didn't use a screen wide earthquake to damage you and require 21 loops.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Metagross all the way. Like, really. Gen 3 Metagross is so awesome, and the fact that its Sludge Bomb is actually powerful is awesome. The moves it can learn are really fun, too. Plus, hidden Power Bug is really fun using with it, too. Metagross in general is just a cool Pokemon.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Although I don't usually like legendaries/pseudo legendaries, I think Salamence is pretty cool, cooler that Metagross.

Back