• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everything Was on Fire, and I was Scared.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    My first accident. When I was 15 I rode my dad 's motorcycle illegally without a license ( 16 for minimum requirement of getting a motorcycle license ) and without a helmet too.

I went out of the town and met with my friends. We rode together for about two hours and got back before the sun set.

Just when I reached a T-junction, I saw a car came towards me and I pressed the handbrake hardly. The tyre locked up and the motorcycle became out of control. I had no choice but jumped out of the motorcycle and dropped to the road. The motorcycle crashed into the drain and I was badly injured.

Fortunately I was saved by the grass to prevent head injury. I was still conscious and the car driver sent me to the hospital. When i got into hospital, I became unconscious.

I got up and saw my dad and my mom beside me. My dad came and slapped me very hard but after that he hug ged me. " You stupid boy...... " he said and cried silently.

After the incident I learned to behave nicely and yess got a license after a year.

I am sorry dad and mom.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Fireworks pretty much aimed at me by a bunch of stupid little boys on guy fawkes which luckily barely missed me? Idk, I don't think I've really been through anything life threatening.

Years
    When I was chased out into traffic by bullies. Thankfully I didn't get hit but it was frightening and loads of people yelled at me.

Years
    All of my most life-threatening experiences have happened this year... it's not been a great year.

Over a period of two months I was electrocuted not once but three times. Then just a few weeks ago I had a reaction to medication I was on that resulted in my mouth and tongue spamming and locking up so my airway was partially blocked (my nose was congested at the time too) so I was struggling to breath.

Years
    I was stood outside one year to watch my neighbours fireworks and one of them went off sideways and nearly hit me in the face, luckily I ducked just in time. Hated bonfire night ever since.

Years
    Haven't really encountered a life-threatening situation yet (knock on wood), and the only thing I can think of right now is basically panicking in a pool when I was a kid and unable to swim. I was pushed in by my younger brother, who was like three years old at the time and I guess thought it would be funny to push me into the deep end as I crouched at the edge, so yeah.

:T

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've almost been in a few car accidents when other people were driving. The closest I've actually came to an accident was when I was riding in the back seat with my cousins and my twin was driving. We were zipping down the on-ramp for the interstate, and two of the tires lifted off the ground. We immediately slowed down, and we all were a little freaked out.

Years
    I've almost been in a few car accidents when other people were driving. The closest I've actually came to an accident was when I was riding in the back seat with my cousins and my twin was driving. We were zipping down the on-ramp for the interstate, and two of the tires lifted off the ground. We immediately slowed down, and we all were a little freaked out.

Must've been windy as all hell or someone was going "a little bit" over the speed limit there.

As for me, I've probably almost been in a few dangerous car accidents before, whether I was driving or if someone else was. Aside from catching the flu one flu season because it wasn't the strain in that season's vaccine, those are the closest I've come that I can recall, and I can't really recall any specific incident other than one where I suddenly felt very sleepy while driving and nearly drifted into someone in the other lane, which upon realizing it and combined with their horn, scared me the hell awake with adrenaline.

Years
    I had my apartment complex hit by smoke once due to a burning pizza scooter. Nobody was hurt, but I did fear for my valuables at the time.

And then the other scary experience was when I sliced my forehead on a door. Had it not been for emergency stitches I certainly would have died.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I had a few life threatening situations. One I remember happening over a decade ago, and I don't know if it is exactly life threatening, was that I was near a pond that is near my house and a snake jumped out, I don't know if it was poisonous or not, and it also bite me and my started shooting at it when he saw it to scare it away and those shots were real close to and almost hit me. I mentioned a few times on here before that I had a car accident last year, I was driving down a road while it was raining and I hydroplaned across a puddle of water, combined with a small bump from a bridge it caused me to lose control of my car and I slide into a ditch and a hit a tree which ended up crushing the entire passenger side of my car at that time, if it was the front of my car that went into the ditch first or if the driver side was the one that got crushed, I would surely have died. Months prior to that, I almost got hit on my side of that same car by someone who wasn't paying attention when I was pulling up to a lane. Earlier this year, something similar happened in a nearby city, I was at a traffic circle and someone blocked my view of the other cars and when I thought it was safe, I almost got hit on my side. And yet another incident from this year, I almost got hit head on by some idiot was trying to pass someone while going over a hill and I just so happened to be driving up that hill at that time. If I didn't slow down and move my car slightly to the other side, I would've been hit.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It happened few years ago on our very old house which is far away. Someone stupidity bumps the candle causing everything to be ablaze and I was fully unaware of the fire appearing out. Luckily we got out alive and
    RIP My PS2 that I used to owned and enjoy it's games also the lenovo laptop I had which is gone now since I have my own.. RIP PS2 on very old house

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    When I was about nine, I was riding my bike. The gravel was lose and torn up at the side, and I ran into this rock piece. I flipped over my bike. I sustained a lot of small injuries and a mild concussion. They said if I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I would have cracked my head open... so my helmet actually saved my life.

Other than that, no. I guess that's a good thing?

Sirfetch’d

I can't really recall a situation where I though "oh I might actually die". However, I was once trapped in my house during a pretty rough tornado. Luckily it avoided going directly over my house so I was safe but it definitely was a scary few minutes.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Car accident. A big one. I don't remember much I think I was 11. To this day I don't really know what exactly happened, I guess my mom lost control of the car but yeah. I remember saying to myself "Yeah you're dead". Surprised I wasn't. Thank god.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Probably my bronchial spasms over the summer. There were some REALLY bad ones before I got to the emergency room. I dont know how life threatening they were, but they were very scary.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    Honestly I think I've been in a lot but they aren't memories I've chosen to keep alive in my mind. There's only a few I can remember, and in one of them I was riding my bike down the street and was about to go around a corner, but my instincts were screaming "DANGER" and so I hit my brakes hard and noticed that a car was just about to cross the intersection. If I hadn't stopped in time I'm fairly certain I could have gotten fatal injuries.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    When I was in the hospital for 5 months because I was born premature, I basically like died twice and had to be brought back to life. Also when I was a little older, I almost died in a housefire in my Nana's old house. Other than that, I can't think of much.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    dude I could have easily have died a few months ago. I'm currently attending flight school, and last october my instructor and I were practicing some high altitude maneuvers (prolly around 14,000 feet) for my commercial rating requirements. my flight school is pretty unique since Northrop Grumman shares a contract with us for joint use of the airport. they fly military unmanned aerial vehicles out of the airfield, and let me tell you those bastards are hard to spot in the air. they have camouflage paint jobs and absolutely no identification lights, and since they're unmanned they inherently can't really see and avoid other traffic themselves. okay well anyway, we were getting ready to land at this point. I was running some pre landing checklists and my instructor was fidgeting with the gps, so neither of us were really looking around at all. baaad move, cause I glance up and see one of these uavs on a 400ish foot collision course with our aircraft. I really can't explain how damn sketchy that is. but I remember just turning sharply to the left and missing this thing by about 50 feet. it was super uncool

Back