• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I disable this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
  • I'd like to disable the purple monstrosity I'm currently viewing. Contrary to popular belief, I do enjoy actually being able to browse the forums in an efficient manner.

Also, can I opt out of future holiday events? That'd be great ^^

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • not seeing the "purple monstrosity" you're referring to; just a bare bones legacy vBulletin skin and no way to change my skin back.

However I am not pleased with the sudden lack of functionality that this skin brings to me. I do however understand the holiday and it's existence just that I'm really miffed that this is limiting my usage of the site because I can't turn it off or shift settings to continue using the site or regain functionality.

Please fix this. I don't want to feel like I have to avoid PC on April Fools because the site has limited functionality as a prank. It's irritating. I was hoping for something charming this year; something I'd laugh at and enjoy, not something irritating.

EDIT: Says the cranky old member while cracking a smile ten miles wide.
    (but seriously fixes pls for broken functionalities!)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • rip the pretty colors

and the pokemon sections. can't collapse the damn tabs anymore

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You can't. This is PC 2.0.
    If only there were likes on this new form of PC.
    I'd like to disable the purple monstrosity I'm currently viewing. Contrary to popular belief, I do enjoy actually being able to browse the forums in an efficient manner.

There'll probably be a workaround... sometime.

That's a nice avatar btw - is that thing a Neopet? :V

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'd like to disable the purple monstrosity I'm currently viewing. Contrary to popular belief, I do enjoy actually being able to browse the forums in an efficient manner.

Exactly what you said, man. Seriously, I can't even tell where my notifications are... or how to like posts. Or much of anything. Very confusing and disorienting. This is why I tend to avoid April Fool's, especially on the internet. It's not really funny to me, just usually people messing with layouts, making them horrendously ugly, and pretty much irritating me. Sorry, but it just isn't my sense of humor. I know it's only for a day, but an option to disable it would be nice.

If not, then I'll just probably leave until this horrendously awful layout is gone. Not a big deal, but I wanted to let my feedback be known too. Just don't respond to my post if you're not going to take it seriously though and continue your fooling around. Thank you.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • However I am not pleased with the sudden lack of functionality that this skin brings to me. I do however understand the holiday and it's existence just that I'm really miffed that this is limiting my usage of the site because I can't turn it off or shift settings to continue using the site or regain functionality.

Please fix this. I don't want to feel like I have to avoid PC on April Fools because the site has limited functionality as a prank. It's irritating. I was hoping for something charming this year; something I'd laugh at and enjoy, not something irritating.

EDIT: Says the cranky old member while cracking a smile ten miles wide.

I actually have to agree. What's the point of all this when PC is just going to be totally boring?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Mfw I don't even get notifications when people post/quote me :D

Anyways, too many people to reply to, so I'll just say that I'm salty and I'm a hater. Also, to any masochist that enjoys this skin, I hate you too. Finally, have a cute pic of my grumpy cat http://imgur.com/gallery/6PlRXhI

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • *contemplating suicide*

Do I have to go an entire day of this..? I can't even send PM's for some reason (lucky I managed to find my PMs in the first place..)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Jeez people. Do us a favor and check your dang calendars.

Although I'm gonna admit this does not look good in a 1920x1080 resolution. Even with my eyesight everything looks so microscopic lmao

Keep going, PC.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • My eyeeees whyyyy who could possibly thing this was a good idea??
    i hate the layout too i can't tell where the fuck anything is

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I really wonder what happened to the days when April Fools is supposed to be a lighthearted day where people are not supposed to take anything seriously.
    Not everyone shares the same sense of humor. Doing an April Fool's joke is tricky, especially on a large scale forum, because you're probably going to irritate somebody. Honestly, if it really has to happen, I'd rather it not involve any layout changes. And just involve something really minor, like maybe a weird picture under your avatar. Not everyone has to like it.

And I don't say these things because I'm salty and a hater. I just have a different sense of humor, and find things that I don't think are funny to be grating. I don't think it's anybody's intent to "ruin the fun" as I always hear when these complaint threads get made on April Fools. They just don't like the joke and want an option to opt out from being annoyed. And yes, it is very much a "first world problem" to avoid a forum for a day to prevent annoyance, I can live with it. It's not a big deal. I just wish that the people who pull off these pranks would be more considerate towards different senses of humors rather than dismissive about criticism.

Anyways, I'm done now. Those of you who think it's funny, enjoy yourselves! I probably won't have any idea that you responded to me at all after this post. That's one good thing about this layout. I really do hate being quoted.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    tumblr_inline_nszlq4Z2FF1qawtfi_500.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back