• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DARKEST DUNGEON II

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ok, easy way to test this.

If Alex is the Arbelest, he should target The Gargoyle tonight. It's a role that Naku claims is still at large.

If Alex isn't the Arbelest, Arb should target one of the other bad guys, if they do have to pick a role. If they pick a person, they can attack Alex and find out his true role.

The mafia can't roleblock an unknown, therefore is an attack on someone goes through and its not on The Gargoyle, we know the real Arbelest is out there and Alex is lying. In most scenarios we'll be able to work out if he's telling the truth or not. Most.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ullion and Alex seem to be working together. Like huge big time obviously working together. Ullion seemed to know what Alex's claim was going to be before he said it and now is supporting him big time on the whole "If I'm not the Arbalist the real one should cc" plot. Not saying they're necessarily scum, but I'm feeling very suspicious of both of them. This reeks heavily of a "I'm going to die anyway so might as well get a power role to reveal" scam.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Ullion and Alex seem to be working together. Like huge big time obviously working together. Ullion seemed to know what Alex's claim was going to be before he said it and now is supporting him big time on the whole "If I'm not the Arbalist the real one should cc" plot. Not saying they're necessarily scum, but I'm feeling very suspicious of both of them. This reeks heavily of a "I'm going to die anyway so might as well get a power role to reveal" scam.

Where exactly did I say the Arbelest should out themselves? If you read my post, I simply stated what would likely be the case if Alex was lying.
    Additionally, I never once sided with Alex in that post either. Where on earth are you getting your reads from? o.O

Years
  • Ok, easy way to test this.

If Alex is the Arbelest, he should target The Gargoyle tonight. It's a role that Naku claims is still at large.

If Alex isn't the Arbelest, Arb should target one of the other bad guys, if they do have to pick a role. If they pick a person, they can attack Alex and find out his true role.

The mafia can't roleblock an unknown, therefore is an attack on someone goes through and its not on The Gargoyle, we know the real Arbelest is out there and Alex is lying. In most scenarios we'll be able to work out if he's telling the truth or not. Most.

I really love this idea. Genius.

Years
  • My thoughts as well, Naku but not to quite the same degree. I'd divulge further, but it'd be best to hear out Alex before I comment more.

Just to be transparent, this is what I was referring to as knowing what he was going to claim, although now after re-reading it I must have mis-read it before as it isn't saying anything at all to the degree that I remembered. I was a bit distracted so perhaps the person I was talking to said something and I mashed it together with what I was reading? Never play mafia while having a conversation :|

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • You know what? I'll sit back and have a good laugh while you all go nuts xD

I was thinking of going after the Gargoyle tonight as well. It will clear some things out.
    inb4 roleblocked

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • NIGHT TWO
    OP | GAMEPLAY | NZ
    D1 - E1 - N1
    D2 - E2 - N2
    Some of the group stayed and dug a grave for their fallen comrade. It brought a peace over them, a calm. A small light in the infinite darkness of the dungeon. But it also brought hunger. Not a normal hunger, but one for vengeance. Those that refused to stay made their way deeper into the cave, leaving a trail for those that had stayed to bury the body. But this group was faced with terrible guilt and sorrow. What if it had been them laying there? What would they want done? These thoughts ate at the conscience of each of those who had left the body.

At the same time, G-Cis toppled over. She hadn't even tried to fight, it seemed, but her corpse lay bloodied and beaten not far from where the burial of the hero was happening. Several of the group spit on her as they passed, sure of her guilt.

Others clashed during the day, but none were at death's door yet.

During the next phase (starting now until the following night), anyone who BURIED the body MUST contribute to the death of an EVIL or TERROR during the next phase (unless you are an EVIL or TERROR). If you kill a HERO however, your stress will increase +80. Anyone who LEFT the body must either pay to visit the CHURCH and pray during the next DAWN phase (you need not do anything else there) OR suffer a +60 stress increase.

THE PLAYERS
    Klippy as The Narrator
    Zehn -19
    Bardothren -23
    Nakuzami as the Gargoyle -24
    G-Cis -45
    Who's Kiyo? as the Grave Robber -4
    Nuclear Chicken as the Man-at-Arms-28
    Desinishon as the Pelagic Shaman -11
    NightKrow
    jdthebud
    drewbie411
    TheCapsFan
    Nakuzami 2
    Rowlet
    aeternum
    Ewery1
    GreenLegend56
    Ullion
    Nina
    Etherial Wizard
    Golgari
    Mana
    Lycanthropy
    marz
    gimmepie
    Alex Kaz -10
    Johnny -7
    Killua -25
    Mimikyu
    Davepetasprite2
    CatmanDaTrainer
    Spoiler:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The DARKEST DUNGEON II
    Desinishon has been slain.​

DAWN THREE
    OP | GAMEPLAY | NZ
    D1 - E1 - N1 | D2 - E2 - N2
    D3
    As the fog creeped its way into the depths of the dungeon, the Cannibal hid in an alcove. His victim, the Pelagic Shaman lay in the mud, blood dripping into a pool of sea water and grime, as he tore flesh from the body. This one was especially delicious. As he feasted, a creature floated behind him.

The Cannibal spun around, blood and entrails dripping from his mouth, afraid he was finally caught.

The Collector stood above him, towering mightily above the human.

"You."

The Collector dropped a bag of coin in front of the Cannibal. "It seems you have saved me the need to fill a wanted notice for this one. The Collector stooped down and viciously cut the head off the dead creature, stuffing it into a sack on its side.

"You!"

The Collector, Nakuzami, turned and was face-to-face with drewbie411, the Fortune Teller. Neither knew what was happening, but the Guardian lurked in the shadows - manipulating the situation subtly.

At the same time, the Gargoyle tumbled out from behind a pillar of slippery rocks. It was Ullion!

Deeper down in the caves, the Ghoul rushed at the Abomination. He slashed at the shapeshifter's face and roared in triumph. It was then that the Abomination's body began morphing. He howled in anger and pain, but not from the slash - his bones were cracking and changing shape as he grew fur and his eyes turned black.

The Abomination was ready to attack. Ready to feast.

REMEMBER: Anyone who BURIED the body MUST contribute to the death of an EVIL or TERROR during THIS phase (unless you are an EVIL or TERROR). If you kill a HERO however, your stress will increase +80. Anyone who LEFT the body must either pay to visit the CHURCH and pray during the next DAWN phase (you need not do anything else there) OR suffer a +60 stress increase.

PLEASE NOTE! The day phase has NOT BEGUN YET! The shops will be open for 24~ hours, but you may begin discussion and posting.

THE SHOPS ARE NOW OPEN!
    PLEASE PM ME YOUR PURCHASE CHOICES!

THE PLAYERS
    Klippy as The Narrator
    Zehn
    Bardothren
    Desinishon as the Pelagic Shamin -3
    Bounty Hunter
    Who's Kiyo as the Grave Robber
    Arbalist
    Leper
    Jester

Nuclear Chicken as the Man-at-Arms
    Abomination -6
    Antiquarian
    Cannibal

drewbie411 as the Fortune Teller +4
    Stranger
    Villager -3
    Villager
    Villager

Brigand Vvulf
    Crusader
    Raider
    Hunter

Grouper
    Guardian

Uca Crusher
    Thrall
    Sea Maggot
    Stinger

Nakuzami as the Collector
    Siren
    Ghoul
    Madman
    Ullion as the Gargoyle -2
    Spoiler:

Ullion

Years
  • Well attacking me won't help Alvy. Especially since I am not the Gargoyle. -.-

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • I feel incredibly fucking bad for Naku, but going to refrain from attacking for now so people who buried dont die from stress.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Wiz oh my god

What's with me and the reveals. And a second Gargoyle reveal. I assume you read the part where it's a situation being manipulated by the Guardian? That, I find interesting.

Years
  • Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Well, time to fully reveal I guess.

I am the Fortune Teller. The claim is legit. So is the reveal from Naku. I have a 60% chance to reveal someone to myself, 20% to reveal publicly, and 20% to reveal to someone random. I chose Naku tonight, didn't think it would reveal public though. (lul another investigative role of some sort that makes me 4/5)

N1: Abby, Siren (yes now you know why i targeted her)
    N2: Lycanthropy, Sea Maggot
    N3: Naku, and the thing was public.

Also, this should help the people who chose to bury the body for a confirmed terror/evil.

1 more thing, I am gonna take a guess that the Gargoyle has an ability that he can pick someone and do a "fake reveal" that makes them look like the Gargoyle.

i never tried to kill anyone

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wiz oh my god

What's with me and the reveals. And a second Gargoyle reveal. I assume you read the part where it's a situation being manipulated by the Guardian? That, I find interesting.

I just assumed that meant the guardian protected you, since you didn't take any damage and that is what a guardian does in the game, protecting evils. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I doubt someone would be evil enough to reveal you as a fake terror twice.

EDIT: Gah Klippy, changing rules in the middle of the game ;-;

Years
  • I honestly didn't get too much out of this other than I need to attack Naku when the sun comes up and that Alex was probably lying since there's no mention of the Arbelist doing anything.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nah, I'm totally the Collector. Not going to argue that.

Which means drewbie is telling the truth. That has me more curious about the bit with the Guardian. What was he manipulating? It's also odd that the Siren died so fast.

Anyways, since there's no attacking yet, I will say that there's better targets than me. I'm the easy target, yes, but I can be of more help than not. Anyone who kills my contracts gets 2000 gold, and I only do one damage with my attack and I have no night action beyond selecting a role for my contracts. I do win if I collect five skulls, but that was my first, and I can only do one contract a day.

I also only have 50 health. I'll happily provide more contracts if you opt to attack anyone else.

Beyond that, I can't really help you, other than using my beautiful brain to pick out who everyone is.

And, @ninjapie - Lycan is just as valid a target, assuming you even need that benefit

Ullion

Years
  • We have several other legitimate targets to focus down too, thanks to Drew. :D

Back