• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: ASM Resource Thread

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
  • .align 2
    blackfont: .word 0x08463FA4 @ In a vanilla FR ROM, this contains: 00 0E 0A 00
    redfont: .[S-HIGHLIGHT]word 0x08RRRRRR[/S-HIGHLIGHT] @ ROM location that contains: 00 01 0A 00
    bluefont: .[S-HIGHLIGHT]word 0x08BBBBBB[/S-HIGHLIGHT] @ ROM location that contains: 00 07 0A 00

can you pls tell me whats the pointer I should include in the highlighted position.
    When i search for 00 07 0a 00 I get too many result so pls help me! :(

Years
  • Hi! I'm new to PC and started to get a look at ASM hacking. I implemented the sitrus berry update for fire red but when I use the berry in the overworld it heals my pokemon for 50% HP instead of 25%. Is something wrong with the code or am I missing something?

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Online now
    Its actually great.
    I havent tried it yet but surely will add it to my upcoming hack.
    By the way one question, Inserting these routines and making changes to the pointer listed in the routines will automatically activate the double battle or there is something else I need to do?
    pls answer.
    thanks in advance :)

It's automatic. BTW the codes were just updated 3 days ago in order to fix other bugs.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • It's automatic. BTW the codes were just updated 3 days ago in order to fix other bugs.

Oh its great!
    By the way what are the bug fixed in the latest code!
    I have also found one minir bug!
    This double battle isnt much compatible with day and night!
    Some colour issues(i.e constant shifitng between day and night automatically in random way)

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Online now
    Oh its great!
    By the way what are the bug fixed in the latest code!
    I have also found one minir bug!
    This double battle isnt much compatible with day and night!
    Some colour issues(i.e constant shifitng between day and night automatically in random way)

In the latest version, the second pokemon's turn will be skipped if you use "run" or throw a pokeball.
    For the color issue, I don't know what it is. I just changed the original codes which make 1 pokemon fade to the one making 2 pokemons fade in double wild battle, which is the only part related to color. (I don't use D&N in my hack, as I think it's really not beautiful :/)

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • In the latest version, the second pokemon's turn will be skipped if you use "run" or throw a pokeball.
    For the color issue, I don't know what it is. I just changed the original codes which make 1 pokemon fade to the one making 2 pokemons fade in double wild battle, which is the only part related to color. (I don't use D&N in my hack, as I think it's really not beautiful :/)

Have you changed this update in the github only or also in the old post (asm codes)
    Because I am currenly using your asm codes :)

Years
    • CO
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    Has anyone else tried this EV-Reducing Berries ?

I keep trying it but to no avail I just can't seem to get it to work.

I assemble the routine and place it at 0x7900B0, then edit the given script to;
    XSEscript:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x740000
    '----Main----
    #org @start
    special 0x9F                             ///Choose Pokemon from Party & store it on var 0x8004
    waitstate
    bufferpartypokemon 0x0 0x8004
    setvar 0x800D 0x1A                  ///EV-stat 0x1A = HP
    setvar 0x8000 0xA                    ///EV-stat amount to subtract 0xA = 10
    callasm 0x87900B1                   ///EV-Reducing Berries ASM(pointer + 1)
    compare 0x800D 0xFF             ///Compare last result to 255
    if 0x1 goto @snippetFail
    buffernumber 0x1 0x800F
    msgbox @stringDecrese 0x6 
    removeitem 0x99 0x1               ///Item 0x99 = Pomeg Berry
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org @snippetFail
    msgbox @stringFail 0x6
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org @stringDecrese
    = [buffer1] lost [buffer2]\nHP EVs!

#org @stringFail
    = It would have no effect!

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a better way to do this?

I'm merely trying to recreate the Pomeg Berry from Emerald in Fire Red...
    Not to mention EV-Reducing Berries are rather useful when EV training...

Also since I'm here I was wondering what gltiches from the first gen could be simulated with asm in Fire Red?

Would like to make a working MissingNo that will check the players name and base its form off of the characters in the certain spots like in Blue and Red. Would be cool to have the item duplication glitch as well but one step at a time...

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to make a Glitch/Error Version...
    Keeping their sporadic nature but making them contained and fun to play with...
    GlitchQuests are rather fun when they work and do some crazy stuffs>_< hahaha.

Anyway thanks for the time and any advice given...

Years
  • SPEEDING UP FIRERED
    All this does is make the turbo button on VBA work faster.
    Emerald solution is found here. That's also the source of my implementation of this.
    Code:
    .thumb

.org 0x890
    main:
    	push {lr}
    	ldr r2, super_bits
    	ldrh r3, [r2]
    	mov r0, #1
    	bic r3, r0
    	strh r3, [r2]
    loop_label:
    	swi #2
    	ldrh r3, [r2]
    	tst r3, r0
    	beq loop_label
    	pop {pc}

.align 2
    super_bits: .word 0x0300310C

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Spoiler:

What is this modifying? Is it making some big looping function more efficient?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Just wanted to ask, did someone thought about a routine that lets you choose a Pokémon from your team and then check its EVs, IVs, or both? And I mean as in exact numbers instead of vague phrases like in the DS Games xD
    (I don't really feel like asking the creator of a certain HackROM to share his work because I don't want to be disrespectful towards him in any way, and taking into account that people can just request routines in this thread, welp.. there's that)

Last edited:
    Back