• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: Get-Together 2020: Event Organisers Wanted

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • I would like to host Who's That Pokémon for Trivia this year! :) If I think of any other events, I'll add them, too!

Years
  • I'll host another round of Pokémon Challenge and Choose your own adventure.

I don't feel like doing CAH this year, so if someone wants to do it, I can provide my know-how from previous years.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    would my Extra Life Charity stream count as something I can organize here? I mean I'd love to have anyone interested to play a bunch of different video games with me over the course of one weekend in November (this year's dates 11/7/20 - 11/8/20. I also try to get a boivr actor or 2 as special guests and people can participate in Q&A sessions with them.

If this counts as something i'll sign up.

Years
  • would my Extra Life Charity stream count as something I can organize here? I mean I'd love to have anyone interested to play a bunch of different video games with me over the course of one weekend in November (this year's dates 11/7/20 - 11/8/20. I also try to get a boivr actor or 2 as special guests and people can participate in Q&A sessions with them.

If this counts as something i'll sign up.

I can't say for sure if that's something we'd do, but unfortunately those dates are well after the Get-Together will have ended anyway.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hihi I'm cool with helping out as one of the hosts running pictionary and CAH sessions. I can help with sessions that work better for my timezone (GMT +10) since I know it can be difficult to catch games that aren't at either a super early / late hour if hosted based on an American or European timezone. Only have class 2 days a week too so should be able to help whenever!

Years
  • i think i'll take the map-off again! and maybe find a couple co-hosts too

Hello, retired mapper here lending a hand if required.

Hello again, retired VG Trivia host looking to bring that back to the table, as per tradition.

Hello again again, retired VG Mod wanting to also take on the VG Arcade mantle, if no one else is doing so.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Hello again again, retired VG Mod wanting to also take on the VG Arcade mantle, if no one else is doing so.
    I can host the arcade event if you want to focus on hosting VG Trivia and possibly co-hosting the map-off. In previous GT, I successfully brought the arcade event into the HTML5 era so that event would be in really good hands.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • I should still be in time! First of all, hello there :)

If I understood correctly, no one has mentioned a "prettiest profile contest" like the one I remember participating in some years ago! I'd most likely need the help of a co-host, but I could be up for organizing that if it's something people are interested in. Also, I'm up for helping here and there with other events if needed!
    I will probably still have university essays to complete as the Get Together goes on, my last proper exam being right on July 14th, but I hope I can still manage - my timezone is Central Europe, by the way 😊

Years
  • I can host the arcade event if you want to focus on hosting VG Trivia and possibly co-hosting the map-off. In previous GT, I successfully brought the arcade event into the HTML5 era so that event would be in really good hands.

Sounds good to me!

ping pong

Better tag you actually just to make sure you're aware of the changes.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Oookay, talked about it on discord, but I think I'll make a fortune cup tournament for the battle enthusiasts?

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • If I understood correctly, no one has mentioned a "prettiest profile contest" like the one I remember participating in some years ago! I'd most likely need the help of a co-host, but I could be up for organizing that if it's something people are interested in.
    It's likely that there wouldn't be participants in the non-supporter category because it requires good CSS skills since editing CSS is the only way you can make your profile pretty if you aren't supporter.
    In previous prettiest profile contest, I was the only participant in the non-supporter category but that whole contest failed because the host disappeared and never announced the results.

Years
  • OH GOSH SO SORRY THIS IS SO LATE but if you and bobandbill need a third judge for the small writing contest, I don't mind helping again as per tradition haha.

Absolutely fine with me and I don't think bobandbill is likely to mind either since it's the usual lineup.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • __dakota_test__ said:
    #Not Important said:
    Aldo said:
    Bay said:
    bobandbill said:
    Caite-chan said:
    Dragon said:
    Eleanor said:
    gimmepie said:
    HeroLinik said:
    Janp said:
    Xorn said:
    Alright EOs! We've created a forum here for you all to get started on your event planning! Check it out for instructions there.

Back