• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: The new, dark trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus is mostly static

The new, dark trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus is mostly static

The new, dark trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus is mostly static

It’s teased a new Pokémon or variant, but what is it? We sure can’t see it, but we have clues.
Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Thought of Delcatty :t301: first. PIcks underwhelming Pokemon for regional variants often. Definitely qualifies. Happens to have a red shiny form too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • He said it was similar to Growlithe and Vulpix, so that tells me it is furry. I don't think it is a skitty.

Tip of its tail is red and swaying.
    It's adorable!
    White fur on the top of its head and around the neck.
    Eyes are round and yellow.

Going by that, he is likely near Snowpoint City area. This pokemon is likely Ice and 'mysterious' could be ghost, dark or Psychic. It definitely isn't a ghost type, because it wouldn't make that much noise when walking.

Going by the audio, there is something small moving toward the camera. And then there is a bigger, heavier pokemon moving toward it. Also going by the sound, the first one is likely on two legs while the first one is on four. I think it is teasing two pokemon. But man that got dark....

Also the time frame of a video camera being invented is around 1888. So I think we now have our time period.

Edit: It could possibly be a Poocheyena. IN Pokemon Snap, we saw Mightyena in the snow area. So it could be a Dark/Ice type.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i loved it! i think it's a zorua, but actually i m pretty sure it's some new Hisuian form. the description included some new features of the hisuian form and some others of the original form. This way it's quite impossible to understand which pokemon it is. It's amazing that on the Japanese website there's a whole chat telling trainers that this old video was found in Canalave library and whoever found it is asking us for help. This is totally new and thrilling for a pokemon game! I am so happy, especially because it looks like the Arc phone could play a really important role...

Years
  • Blair Witch Pokemon Edition incoming! I think this was a good video and am thinking it has to be something....new or a new variant of a pokemon.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I guess Pokemon thinks its FNAF now.

Yeah... you are not FNAF. Nor are you a horror game Pokemon lol. 😛

It was interesting though. I guess.

As far as what the pokemon was... who knows. I'm not going to guess because it'll just be wrong. We'll find out soon/eventually I'm assuming.

Also... might have just been me... but I swear the VA in that video sounded like Tanjiro from Demon Slayer 😅

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I guess it could be safe to assume it is a pokemon that looks similar to Growlith or Vulpix. My guess is that it will be revealed within a week or two. While I'd like to say that, it is very possible that it might be something like Nidoran with fur. But that might be going a little far, especially since the originals were in Sinnoh games. But I would love to see new forms.

I think however it is going to be the foot steps at the end of the teaser. Those foot falls sound familiar and it could be because I've heard them in Sword and Shield with wild pokemon walking around. But I don't remember which one.

It was the the sound that gave away Galar Ponyta originally as well. And you can hear that same galloping sound in the games when pokemon follow you. And just sound like a slow, heavy, lumbering pokemon with a small one beside it.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I'm thinking its a Flaaffy. It has fur on top of its head and around its neck. Scratch that, perhaps a Hisuian Ampharos whose regional variant retains its pre-evo's fleece. Ampharos already has has a red-tipped tail, round eyes, and white fleece. Yellow eyes would fit its current color scheme. If the eyes are yellow, what color is the main body? Perhaps something that would fit an icy climate perhaps, such as white. Or maybe a Mareep, if it's being mistaken for the same small size as Vupix.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    The more interesting thing about the video is the narrator's surprise at seeing Snorunts... in the snow. Either the guy is an idiot or the ones he's used to aren't snow-dwellers, which could hint at a non Ice type variant. Although that would make the name pretty weird, lol.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Haha that's kinda cool. I hope he's not dead. Maybe he's someone we have to go save eventually?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is possible that it is Zorua. I honestly would love more Unova pokemon to get forms. I know a lot of people are saying that because it matches the description we are given, but that fact is making me thing it will not be Zorua because usually when we get a form change, it does not keep its original hair/fur.

I will say this, I was editing some screencaps of the video, like to make things brighter, ect. I wasn't able to get anything solid except the snow really popped with brightness and what not. The thing though, there is a orange figure in the picture, so it could be an orange pokemon or maybe it was fire.

I really don't have a good picture for people to look at... I was hoping to suggest it so others could look at it if they have more advanced editing stuff. All I am doing is using a free editor. I feel like if I share what I got, it wouldn't really add much to the convo or speculation.

pkmin3033

A rumour of Hisuian Froslass was doing the rounds at one point on Twitter, and there were Snorunt at the beginning of the trailer, so maybe...? The source wasn't particularly reliable, but even unreliable leaks hit the mark sometimes. Given Froslass' Pokedex entries I feel like this is the kind of thing that fits it, too - luring travellers into the mountains, etc.

Either way, I honestly found this more frustrating than enjoyable - I mean sure, make it more interesting than just a reveal, but actually HAVE a proper reveal at the end!

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • I was watching Five Night's at freddies related videos right before this video came online... Talk about a crazy coincidence... I also thinks its a little bit too dark for a trailer of a Pokémon game.

I honestly don't know what the pokémon is in the trailer... I'll just let time tell.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Pokemon turns into a horror show? Perfect for Halloween season and I love it. Hopefully it will be a new pokemon rather than regional variant

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm confused. Why is there a camera, modern technology, in a L:A ancient setting? :V

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm confused. Why is there a camera, modern technology, in a L:A ancient setting? :V

Not gunna lie, that perplexed me a bit too but then the researcher? guy mentioned it being "strange device" if I heard correctly. Given the Sinnoh Legendaries like Dialga being able to control time, it may be something pulled from another point in time? Could also be made by Arceus since it makes some device for the player character too... I dunno though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It was never confirmed that Hisui was 'ancient'. It just said a long long time ago, which can mean 200 years. In fact, it more points it to being around the late 1800s going by our time. Japan began to settle in Hakkaido in 1869, which is Sinnoh's inspiration. And the video camera was first invented in 1888. So it lines up.

Froslass is seen in the trailers along with Glalie, so it isn't any of those.

I am starting to think it is Zorua again with how many connections the pokemon has to Sinnoh going by BirdKeeperToby's new video he posted to day and it makes a lot of sense. Zorua was in a Sinnoh movie. And there are two tales in the library in Sinnoh (6th Gym Town I think) that suggests a pokemon turning into a human. We also have the connection with Celebi and other stuff that has also recently come up.

Last edited:
    Back