• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
So, are we going to avoid Fates spoilers until the game is out next year in the U.S. and Europe?
Well, I've already dived into the pool of spoilers, so haha.

But like Lisia said. We should probably discuss gameplay more so than the plot. The stories in Fates seem to be step-up in comparison to other FEs (not like that's hard do), so I think most people would rather get kept in the dark about that.

Now speaking of gameplay. Growth Rates! Averages have been lowered all around and resemble PoR's averages, which is cool. With limited level ups (unless you use Eternal Seals), being RNG screwed is more likely now than it was in Awakening. The stat that most characters seem to be getting screwed over is HP from all the streams and screenshots I saw. Regardless though, we still get some beautiful Growth Rates like this.

Effie (Knight/Nohr)
HP: 35
STR: 60
MAG: 0
SKL: 35
SPD: 50
LCK: 50
DEF: 35
RES: 30

This is discounting class Growth Rate bonuses. But, this girl is supposed to be a Knight? With a SPD growth like that, she could easily be a Myrmidon/Samurai. But, as nice as Effie's is, Elise is probably Nohr's prided champion.

Elise (Rod Knight/Nohr)
HP: 30
STR: 5
MAG: 65
SKL: 25
SPD: 55
LCK: 70
DEF: 15
RES: 40

Again, discounting class bonuses. Yeah, Elise probably isn't going to want to take a hit. But doesn't matter, she's basically a ridiculous Clarine.

Arc

Years
Stat caps have been found out! Verdict? MUCH, MUCH lower than Awakening's. Most classes HP stat hover around 50 - 60. Mean average for total stat caps for a class are like around the 30 - 35 area. So, they're comparable to Radiant Dawn's stat caps. Just giving them a look in a pure numbers game, Berserker is probably one of the best classes in the game. They have a monstrous max of 70 HP, the highest ATK standing at 40, and the third best SPD in the game with 33.

Yo....those are some awful growth rates
What are you talking about? They're fantastic growth rates. He's so strong that he doesn't even need to level up.

no but seriously Jeigen lol

Reactions: Nah

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm hearing that the fans are already making their own translation to this game, and they're planning to finish it before next year's worldwide release.

Arc

Years
I'm hearing that the fans are already making their own translation to this game, and they're planning to finish it before next year's worldwide release.
Before anyone goes "what? why?", Fire Emblem Fates is almost certainly getting censored when it's coming over. So, fans are hoping that they can get this out so people can experience the option of playing it with it's original intent and meanings.

Now, what is getting censored? Well, we can probably assume that some of the swimsuit outfits are either getting outright removed or edited a la Bravely Default and the Bravo Bikini. Amie dialogue is getting incredibly butchered for the English dub.

NSFW. CAN BE TAKEN IN THE WRONG WAY.
Spoiler:
^ That's not going to roll with NoA and NoE. Plus, do you really want Matthew Mercer or Laura Bailey saying stuff like that? Chrom's confession scene was hilariously embarrassing, this is 10x worse.

Some supports are also going to be drastically changed. Spoilers ahead regarding some supports that might get changed.

Spoiler:

Years
I wonder what the game will be rated anyway? I imagine they might try to keep it T to maximize sales but aside from the stuff that may get censored what are they gonna do about how dark and graphic (on the violence end) some parts of the game apparently get? I remember the Ace Attorney game on 3DS was rated M simply because of cutscenes that contained an excess of blood.

NoE may handle some of the outfits in Fates differently because if I recall correctly.... In Awakening during the Summer Scramble DLC, European versions did not censor the cg with Tharja's... bikini butt.. whereas NA version of the game did with the random curtain. x'D

Spoilers regarding some for romantic supports between Kamui and central characters:
Spoiler:

Reactions: Arc

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Username: VillageofDragons
What's your preferred class?: (eg lord, fighter, mage, etc) Dark Knight
Who is your favourite character? Henry

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Awakening- What is the best way to recruit Cynthia? She keeps attacking my units and losing.
Use either Chrom or Sumia and stay one space away from Cynthia's attack zone, so you'll be able to talk to her when she's within Chrom Sumia's attack zone the next turn.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Use either Chrom or Sumia and stay one space away from Cynthia's attack zone, so you'll be able to talk to her when she's within Chrom Sumia's attack zone the next turn.

This, as well as make sure you're talking to her with the right units. If you make a mistake and move the wrong units near her then you'll have to start again or fix it somehow.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
Oh my goodness, Dragon! You didn't tell me this club existed. D:

Username: Lapis
What's your preferred class?: Dark Mage
Who is your favourite character? Cherche. <3

Ste182

If Pokemon is for children, then by Arceus, I'll n
Years
Fire Emblem: Awakening is my first FE game. I love it! :) I've heard that it's great for newcomers, but hardcore fans generally don't care much for it.

Years
I've noticed that Cordelia's not wearing her chest armor in this figure. Did they forgot to include that, or was that intentional?

It was intentional. The armor is included, but it's awkwardly hanging on the wing thing on the statue and can't be attached.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Username: PlatinumDude
What's your preferred class?: (eg lord, fighter, mage, etc): Tactician
Who is your favorite character?:
(broken down, all from Awakening; it was hard to pinpoint a single favorite):
-Male 1st gen: Henry
-Female 1st gen: Cordelia
-Male 2nd gen: Owain
-Female 2nd gen: Lucina

Decided to join this club since I got Awakening a month ago. I'm halfway through the story. But I can't decide what to do with Olivia. I made her into a Dark Flier and levelled her up until she got Galeforce. I'm deciding between these 3 scenarios:
-Make Olivia into a Myrmidon so she can gain Vantage (given her frailty, it's kinda easy for her to get knocked into 50% HP)
-Reclass Olivia straight into Assassin or Swordmaster for Astra or Lethality
--Deciding between Swordmaster, Assassin, or both for the skills; which is better?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Eh, people tend to not listen to people who have a differing viewpoint anyway. People can bitch and moan all they want but it ain't gonna do shit in the end.

Back