• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] so how are you personally gonna abbreviate these games?

how are you going to abbreviate these games?

• Total voters
Years
  • I'm just going to say 'Gen 8' or the name of the region most of the time, I think. Or just type out 'Sword' or 'Shield' (whichever one I'm getting) - people will understand that almost everything I will say about it applies to both. Who really needs an abbreviation?

Honestly, though, if I would abbreviate it I wouldn't see a problem with SS, other than confusion with Soul Silver. SS is surely not a more awkward abbreviation than SM, now is it? I mean, come on, WW2 ended more than 70 years ago.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • SwSh is currently what I will probably say since we already have an SS. Something else that could be used is Triple S or SSS meaning SS Switch. But after reading the previous post from Hyzenthlay, pronouncing SwSh like swish makes a lot of sense.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I like SS the most, but I almost completely forgot that SoulSilver existed when I voted on the poll. xD

In which case, S&S sounds like a great alternative, though I'm definitely gonna alternate between both every now and then! =)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bumping this thread:

unknown.png

Looks like according to the official website, it's SwSh! Yas #TeamSwSh

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't believe you didn't even include SwoSh in the poll and that they didn't go with that officially
    faith in humanity lost

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    i will be a heathen and still refer to it as SnS for as long as i can

Years
  • SwSh sounds good actually. fun to pronounce and spell :p
    is it pronounced swish? i pronounce it as sew + shhh ehehe

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • SwSh seems more logical. Since Sun and Moon wnet with (SuMo) and Ultra Sun and Moon was (UsUm)

My second bet would be SS, but that'd get mixed up with SoulSilver (SS)

Last edited:
    Back