• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you celebrate your own birthday anymore, PC?

Years
  • do you still have birthday parties? or is it all just another day? how do you celebrate your birthdays, typically?

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I like to use it at as excuse to hang out with friends, and we get together and go out to eat, or have some drinks, or go to an arcade or something.

It sounds like typical stuff and not birthday stuff, but the idea is that I actually get a number of people together who otherwise never really hang out all at once, so it's nice when it works out. :>

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    We have this tradition in our family where when it's someone's birthday you're supposed to have noodles for breakfast (since noodles will give you a long life, apparently) so every year I get to eat lots of noodles? My birthday is very normal otherwise. Every year its presents, cake and time with friends and family including a nice dinner. I look forward to birthdays, they've definitely lost importance but they're still a really nice day regardless!

Years
  • Yep, I celebrate that greatest of days - the day I emerged from my mom and started screaming once I figured out what the fuck had just happened.

Its a day that purely revolves around me, though unlike every other day of the year, I get to wear my boxer shorts on the outside of my pants and eat all the Maltesers my poor little face can manage. For a very, very long time, I've watched movies and cartoons on the big day, and maybe go out for lunch too or get an anxiety migraine. It's usually a tasteful and understated occasion, and naturally people feel the need to give me presents because hey, I'm fantastic.

Years
  • After I hit 30 I'm just gonna sleep my birthdays away and pretend I'm not getting older by the day.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    ow!! i used to celebrate my birthday big..lots of drinks and food and 'friends' then i noticed the whole budget was on me..for years..
    now i do not do that anymore..just go for dinner alone..

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    contrary to belief i'm actually really modest when it comes to my birthday and have never desired much in the way of celebration, so i've never been one to have any parties on the day

i just want the acknowledgements and then to leave it at that, unless you have gifts, though i never ask for any

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm normally working and regardless of whether or not i am i normally just go for dinner with my family. Its all we ever really do for birthdays now and thats ok bc we're all busy adults with no time for big celebrations haha. I never ask for anything and i dont go around announcing its my birthday either. One year i was working and everyone was all "wait its your birthday why didnt you say something???"

I just didnt think it was that big a deal i guess haha.

Years
    • Seen today
    My birthday is in the Summer and for the past few years I've been out of state with my family.

If I happen to be home, will still do lunch or something similar with my family.

Years
  • my birthday is really just another day tbh.

part of me kind of misses the days of having birthday parties like I used to when I was younger, but I'm more than aware that in my family's current situation, that is unlikely to really ever be possible. and... thinking about it, I think a large part of me is ok with that. i don't need my birthdays to be high-profile or anything. maybe some gifts would be ok, but the acknowledgements are the minimum of what I'm expecting and that's about it.

Years
  • Nope not really? Maybe buy and eat some cake for a little bit, but that's it. We don't gift anymore either (introverted family who never knows what to get each other), so birthdays are hardly a big deal. They've historically been pretty boring and I don't expect much for this year either, but who knows hah.

Years
  • No more parties; just another day but I treat myself to some treats and might buy myself something nice :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • My birthday is on Christmas, so it usually gets acknowledged by my family + extended family.

I do try to do a dinner a week or so before or after Christmas, but sometimes the timing just doesn't work out quite right. C'est la vie.

I don't usually mind too much, but...in my friend group, we typically celebrate most birthdays with dinner/etc. It just kinda sucks that I'm the one of the few who rarely gets to do a dinner because usually everyone is so busy around my birthday.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • yeah? sorta.

the last few years have just been me going out to a dinner with family members and i get presents and whatnot. i usually just do that for my birthday.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, I have. Had celebrations with friends, basically - made an excuse for a belated house warming to go along with it, and had cake.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I mostly just celebrated with friends online though last year I went to disney world and got like a lava cake or whatever which was a nice change of pace. My 21st is coming soon and my friends wanna like go out drinking but that's not really my style so I'm not sure what I'll do this year.

Years
  • When I was younger, my family used to celebrate everyone's birthday, but now my girlfriend and few of my friends wish me "happy birthday" and that's it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • not a party per se, but i usually get together with my family at a restaurant of my choice and people still get me presents aha. birthdays are kind of a big deal in my family so they're inescapable, but i don't really mind since that's how i've always seen them. my bf usually takes me somewhere good to eat too so it's just. basically a lot of food aha.

Back