• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i want a stable job, my own house, and three cats

Years
Long term: move up in my field for a pay jump, build a home lab to practice my work skills on, save up to buy my own house, replace my current car, possibly add a second car into the mix, get vinyl wraps on one or both.

Short term: pay off my existing debt, get a proper emergency fund saved up, save for currently planned trips, buy a UPS for my desktop instead of having it sit directly on the surge protector, get a collectibles staging area setup in my place, as well as a proper TCG deckbuilding area setup so I'm not using my dining room table to deckbuild.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
get a job that will allow me to move out and into my own apartment

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I want more stable employment, I want to sell my house, and I want to keep going to therapy. Not too much to ask for, right?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Finish college/uni and obtain my teaching degree for the time being! Eventually buy my own house is very high up on my list though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Short term: get healthy and achieve some goals at work.

Long term: finish my phd and hopefully find a life partner.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Short term: move up to a better position at work, get back on medication for adhd , overcome some of my anxiety a little bit , make more friends, get a boyfriend, go back to school so I can work on a career, maybe finally get the courage to learn to drive , move out of my house and into an apartment of my own

Long term: become an art teacher or have a career in art, get married , move into a nice neighborhood, maybe adopt a kid with future husband

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
Years
Short term goals: Move out, because I desperately need to for my mental health

Long term goals: Become self-sustaining

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Short-term goals: Find a new job or position at my current job that will work with my medical condition. Get surgery to help move on from said condition. Become proficient at French.

Long-term goals: Become proficient at German. Move to New England. Go to grad school and get at least a Master's in Musicology.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Short term goals: Maybe apply for a small job that gives me enough job experience for the future and get my own money, pass all of my current classes, go back to practicing piano.

Long term goals: Finish college, have enough money to make a life for myself, leave this cursed continent, and have a stable job

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Short term goals: Keep doing well in school, start to learn how to drive

Long term goals: Maintain my relationship, watch my health both food wise and exercise wise, improve and learn ways to manage my mental health, push myself more art-wise

Years
I want to get engaged or married by the time I'm 30, but that may not be possible since I have to focus on settling down somewhere more permanent first. Otherwise long-term I'd also like to travel to more countries (ideally at least Switzerland, see more of Europe, the Nordic countries, and Japan), and short-term land an art gig that will allow me to work from home at least 50% of the time. Working your typical 9-5 weekday job made me miserable and while I know I'm definitely not alone in not wanting to go out every weekday to work, it'd be nice to find a good balance for me so I don't spend the next 40 years of my life too miserable haha. please!

Last edited:

User Anon 1848

I'm happy with what I'm doing, where I am and what I have for now but everything in the thread title sounds nice.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
honestly i just want a job i don't hate that pays enough for me to live and have room for my hobbies to fit in. that's literally all i want. i'm a simple guy.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Honestly, I'm not really sure. You would think that being 30 going on 31 that I'd have things sorted out by now. The hard part is that I'm also limited some by my disabilities and anxiety. So, it's not easy to have such things and keep up with them. There's a lot of things I could do better if my anxiety wasn't so horrible to me. I just feel like having major goals is pointless for me because of how my future will go due to my challenges and what not.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Long-term: Continue to create new things; A job or at least find something stable, Move out of the area I live in with family, Learn how to drive, Work on relationships with people (like my Nan, Aunts //I don't see them a lot//), Travel to new places.
Short-term: fix my keys, save up money for a rainy day or if something backfires.

I actually don't want much, but work and being stable is what I want to do most. The location I currently live in, is a little bit of a hindrance to that (the transportation is unreliable), but I do wish to try and get these done in the next few years. Hopefully. At he moment, I am working on these, but it's nice to just take my time with it.

Back