• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Katy Perry to collaborate with The Pokémon Company for 25th anniversary

Katy Perry to collaborate with The Pokémon Company for 25th anniversary

Katy Perry to collaborate with The Pokémon Company for 25th anniversary

A cute video released on the Pokémon YouTube channel, about the upcoming 25th anniversary, has been revealed early through a interview with the pop star.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Considering the 25th anniversary is huge, it's not surprising to see them use a celebrity to represent it but I do agree they could have had someone different. Anyways, I have merged your thread over to this thread since they are talking about the same topic.

Years
I Kissed a Gardevoir and I Liked It

this was geniunely super weird to hear about... Katy Perry and Pokemon are just from such different realms to me

Years
i... to be honest, i'm still not quite sure what to make of this, still. i know the more practical reason is that TPC figured they'd just need celebrity representation so they can get more potential new players and therefore more money ,but...

Years
I Kissed a Gardevoir and I Liked It

this was geniunely super weird to hear about... Katy Perry and Pokemon are just from such different realms to me
That's a very weird take on G̶a̶r̶d̶e̶- i mean, Katy Perry.

In all seriousness though, really, go look up some of the lyrics for "California Gurls" and decide whether it's a good idea for her to collab with a company who is known to censor the word "jerk" in their games.

Mod edit: Please remember to use the edit button instead of making another post if you are the last poster if you wish to add more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
In all seriousness though, really, go look up some of the lyrics for "California Gurls" and decide whether it's a good idea for her to collab with a company who is known to censor the word "jerk" in their games.
Whatever it is that happens, they're not gonna let her do some song that's way too far removed from their desired public image

And despite Nintendo trying to project a "family friendly" image, it's not like they haven't published games that aren't ultra kiddy or made use of certain sorts of characters before.

Nevermind that half the fanbase is old fucks like me anyway

Years
True, true.

Gosh, I hate Nintendo, so much.

If Game Freak and the Pokemon Company decide to release a pair of games for the anniversary, I hope to God that it won't be a rushed mess of missed potential like Sword&Shield

Last edited by a moderator:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm laughing so much, what the- that's deep af, Katy Perry suddenly saying she deeply relates to Pikachu, and mentioning Chained To The Rhythm in the same breath. LOL

This is... interesting.

I don't hate it, I just don't know why it's happening.

Years
I seem to be the only one who never got out of my Katy Perry phase. This collaboration is completely bizarre in its entirety, which is why I love it. I'm so excited!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wait is this real? PC already launching the April Fools Day material out here lol.

Good for her. I mean, I don't get it, but whatever makes 'em happy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Yeah, it's a little weird to hire the lady who is known for making very risque songs to celebrate the anniversary of your franchise made for children

Risqué? No offense to her but Katy is about as vanilla as they come. She has some crude songs with single entendres that frankly sound like they come more from schoolyard dirty jokes than anything which I'm sure she could pass over for this sort of event. The rest of her discography could easily fit on ABC Family. This is someone who's collaborated with Sesame Street previously.

Back