• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do people still play X/Y?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • I played through Y once (my main file with completed Pokedex) and I started a new file on X. Lately, the other games are grabbing my attention more (Black/White, ORAS, Sun/Moon, Violet) far more than XY. XY's story just wasn't that gripping for me.

Years
  • I finally completed the National Pokedex on X & Y and got all the diploma's for it and the Shiny Charm its taken 10 years to achieve it and I feel so proud to have finally done it.

I also did the trade in Snowbelle City (Jigglypuff for Bisharp) I put the Bisharp through the Kalos League to get it the Kalos Champion Ribbon its now in Hoenn and has the Footprint Ribbon, Best Friend Ribbon & Hoenn Champion Ribbon I need to get it the Daily Ribbons and the Contest Spectacular Ribbons & Contest Star Ribbon its at Level 90 and I will evolve it into Kingambit when I can send it to Paldea I plan to get it the Alola Champion Ribbon, Galar Champion Ribbon and Paldea Champion Ribbon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I still play Pokemon Y occasionally, but since I recently beat the main game, including the Elite 4 and the Champion, and all, I've found that there isn't really all that much to do in the post-game, except for trying out the Friend Safari, which I have been doing. And since I have way too many Pokemon crowding up my PC Boxes, I'm planning to give away some of my extra Pokemon that I don't need any more. Since it's kind of hard for me to catch any more, without getting rid of some of my others. So for anyone who does still play, I encourage you to take part in my give-away. I will post more details about it in the Trade Corner later.

Years
  • I still play Pokemon Y occasionally, but since I recently beat the main game, including the Elite 4 and the Champion, and all, I've found that there isn't really all that much to do in the post-game, except for trying out the Friend Safari, which I have been doing. And since I have way too many Pokemon crowding up my PC Boxes, I'm planning to give away some of my extra Pokemon that I don't need any more. Since it's kind of hard for me to catch any more, without getting rid of some of my others. So for anyone who does still play, I encourage you to take part in my give-away. I will post more details about it in the Trade Corner later.

There is the Battle Chateau near the Day Care where you can gain the title of Grand Duke or Grand Duchess if you defeat all the trainers you need to defeat Diantha to get that title.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I still play my X version. I switch it up with my other games. One day I'll play Violet, or a few hours later I'm playing HeartGold. lol I am all over the place. I am thinking of starting a new game in XD: Gale of Darkness. Just gotta blow that dust off my GameCube. Ha
    Anyway, I am connected to X version for its music, mega PKMN, friend safari and shinies. :)
    So if you want to share FC that be awesome for friend safari. Chow!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The battery on my 3DS died. And I currently have no replacement for it. As a result I'm not really playing any of the 3DS games at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    i havent played it in a long time but I fired it up and might train the last few pokemon in there that
    i havent traded up to home/sword before transferring em those ones too.

I sent a request from AC 5473-0125-4820
    If i remember right my Safari type is Bug I think 😬

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    I always find myself restarting a main game and then losing interest by the 4th gym or so. I mostly just hate the side quests in the games that involved the evil teams. Gen 1 and Gen 3 in particular drive me nuts lmao.

Years
  • It has been more than several years since I played X/Y, and I just started playing Y again. And I was just wondering if people still played the games so I can try to complete the dex.

The pain of playing a older pokemon game is the low probability of people still playing it.

I play at least once every week! It's a really fun game, and although it's not as fun as, say emerald, it is still a great game. We could do some trades if you want, but I also play Y so I might not be much help. Although I do have a Poochyena that I got from a Wondertrade, which is only in X(Poochyena I mean)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I started playing gen 6 in 2013. I started shiny hunting in 2016 and I skipped gen 7 and 8 to continue shiny hunting in gen 6.

I bought gen 9 and after finding out the shiny hunting methods are much better then gen 7 and 8 I am currently shiny hunting in both gens, 6 and 9.
    I just recently started Alpha Sapphire to shiny hunt the version exclusives.

Years
  • XY was one of my most-played games in the series, pretty sure I finished X with around 300-320 hours? Which is quite a lot. Been wanting to replay the last few years but the challenge I'm doing (only first form Pokemon) is really really hard already lol. Might have to ease it up.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't think I'll be returning to X/Y. If I want a modern Pokémon experience with an updated roster and modern features I have much more compelling options in the latest games, and if I want an old school Pokémon experience I'd rather replay the Gen 4-5 games or the Gen 2-3 rom hacks that may be even more updated. XY fall somewhere in the middle without being particularly great at anything, and at this point I can't really think of anything interesting they'd have to offer that I couldn't find better done in other games.

They have Megas... and that's pretty much it (Fun fact, I didn't actually used Megas in my only Y playthrough). I find the criteria for choosing which Pokémon wold get Megas very questionable, and I honestly prefer gimmicks like Terastal or even Dynamax at this point.

Years
  • Lately I've been replaying my older games; I've basically completed all of Gen 2 and 3 (Dex included). I'm grateful to already have Gen 6 finished in this manner, because while I loved XY when it first released, it's just a little tedious to replay. The distance between the first few gyms is insane, and ultimately everything grinds to a halt when you beat Diantha/AZ (where in any other Pokémon game, the postgame would kick off and you'd have some more fun stuff to do).

Years
  • Hey, since some people here are talking about 3DS batteries (in my case the OG 2DS) can someone tell me where to buy one in case mine kicks the bucket? Thanks. Mine's still going strong as of now.

Also let me tell you my short experiences with X and Y. I bought Y as an impulse buy when it first came out in 2013. It was fun and I completed the story once, but then I sold it back to Gamestop. In early 2018, I bought X as an lol joke for $20. I actually enjoyed the story first time around. I chose Chespin who I lovingly named Bumper after that badger guy in Diddy Kong Racing. The second time when I replayed it again, I saw how dull it was like a lot of people would say. Someone in this comment section said it's a one and done experience and I couldn't agree more. When Pokemon Home (Switch) came out, I restarted X three times to get all the starters (Kalos and Kanto) and the fossil Pokemon just to have their data in Pokemon Home. Then I just let it rot. Then one stupid night very recently, I restarted X to do a solo run with Fenniken who evolved into Delphox. I got to the third gym and immediately lost interest. That file is still there on X on the third gym to this day. The end.

Seriously though, since I bought X for $20, you think I could make a profit if I sold it somewhere? Hypothetically of course. Answers would be appreciated. Also, my first paragraph in this post about buying a spare 2DS battery is a serious question for the future. I invested too much money into that system. Lol. Gotta love the E-shop. Also, RIP E-shop seriously.

Back