• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Spicy Foods?

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't like any spicy foods (not even mildly)

But I realize most people have some sort of tolerance for it

How much do you like it, and also, what's the spiciest food you've eaten?

Years
  • I don't like food that are really spicy. I have ordered some food in restaurants that were supposed to be spicy and when I tasted them, they did not taste spicy at all or unless the chef forgot to add spice on my food.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I love spicy food! I have a pretty high tolerance for it. Everything is better with hot sauce.

In recent memory the spiciest thing I ate was a korean hotpot thing - I remember my friends and I specifically asking the waiter how hot it would be before ordering and the guy was like "it's pretty mild". Then it came and we were all actually in tears as we were eating because it was so spicy, lol

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I have Sri Lankan heritage so I'm pretty used to spicy food.

I can't handle like Sichuanese level spiciness. Had a Sichuanese hotpot once and all those numbing peppers absolutely killed me.

Years
  • I like spicy food as long as the burning of my mouth isn't overtaking the actual flavour of the spices. That being said, I used to have a pretty high tolerance for spicy foods but ever since I got sick I've found it far harder to cope.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
    Years
  • Generally yes! I do like spicy food as long as it isn't so spicy that I have to drink water after every mouthful of food, which has happened quite a number of times, unbelievably. I've always found it a good complement to many foods. :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sure, its fine. The flavor I like best is salty so I am more likely to reach for some himalayan salt, soy sauce or lemon pepper than I would be to grab a spicy seasoning like horseraddish, jalopeno peppers or tobasco sauce. Still if there is food to eat and its already spicy like curry, Mexican rice, some Mongolian cuisine or a hot dip for the potato chips then I'll eat it, that's good too. I lived in Cali as a kid and was conditoned on flaming hot cheetos so I have a tolerance for spicy things.

Years
  • If my mouth ain't burning, it ain't good enough. :D

No but in all seriousness, I love spicy things. I don't like things that are just pure burn with no taste at all, but if you can make something extremely spicy and tasty at the same time? I will try it. I love the burn. Give it to me.

In fact, I keep around crushed red pepper so I can put it on things that aren't normally spicy just because I feel like it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2018
    Yessss. I put cayenne pepper on like everything. I love peppers, jalapeños, curry all of it. Gimme da spice. I don't like absurdly hot stuff tho, like so hot it kills all the other flavor

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I definitely like it, and I've grown a pretty big tolerance to it. Tabasco sauce used to be strong, but now it's practically like ketchup to me.

The spiciest thing I ever ate was a small pile of Carolina reaper pepper powder. One of my coworkers had it, and I didn't have any food to try it on, so I just put a small pile in a spoon and ate it like that. It was fi-yah! :X

Years
  • no thanks I choke up or at least get watery eyes if I eat most spicy foods, not something I handle too well. meanwhile a friend tolerates super duper spicy food and I'm just like D8 how2

Sirfetch’d

absoutely! I will put red pepper or just plain hot sauce on nearly anything I can. I always make sure to order the spiciest variety of food when available too while eating out. I sometimes hate how too much spice overtakes the flavor of the actual food but it's worth it to enjoy that spicy sensation.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I enjoy spicy foods when I eat them and will pretty much just go for it with whatever is infront of me. I tend to get an upset stomach later though if I eat too much really spicy food.

And yes, I'm the kind of person to pour the hot sauce on things. Or this cool Maple Jalapeno mixed with black pepper flakes I found. That's a good one to put on stuff! (And just to note; yes, I crack up when people find the Taco Bell diablo sauce too hot. When I'm done laughing I then HAVE to quote the Space Balls Mr. Coffee scene)

The hottest I've eaten is a tie. When I went to Australia 4 years ago the family and I went to a Singaporean eatery in Parramata and had some chicken thing. I don't even remember what it was called but it was miserable about 10 minutes later. The other tied item is Ghost Pepper queso dip made by a local small business. That was rather painful as well...

Bay

Years
  • There are certain spices that I can handle fine like hot sauce, curry, and sweet chili sauce (my favorite). Otherwise, I don't have that much of a spice tolerance compare to my friends and family.

Back