• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mother's Day

Years
  • Is mother's day a holiday celebrated where you live? If so and you have a good relationship with you mother do you have any plans for a Mother's Day present?

I'm fresh out of ideas myself. I did overhear my mom saying something about her gardenia bushes dying and needing some new ones. I would not be knowledable enough to pick something like that out, but I guess I could get her a gift certificate to a gardening store-- just a whim.

Do you guys have moms who need gifts?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I wanna make my mom some kind of really special gift this year too.

I just never know what to make her for special days (like mothers day and her birthday) other than a card xD;

But my mom mean's a lot to me. She's like my ultimate best friend a lot of the time :D Its weird theres things I don't want to talk about with her just yet, but.....maybe its just cuz I know she can be sensitive. And i care about her o.o; I've learned to be generous like that with my brother too. Maybe some stuff are best left off unsaid :)

....If I DO make her 'just a card' AGAIN this year, well. Maybe i'll try to make it a whole lot fancier than my past cards were :P Haha, i'm up for that..... :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wanna make my mom some kind of really special gift this year too.

I just never know what to make her for special days (like mothers day and her birthday) other than a card xD;

But my mom mean's a lot to me. She's like my ultimate best friend a lot of the time :D Its weird theres things I don't want to talk about with her just yet, but.....maybe its just cuz I know she can be sensitive. And i care about her o.o; I've learned to be generous like that with my brother too. Maybe some stuff are best left off unsaid :)

....If I DO make her 'just a card' AGAIN this year, well. Maybe i'll try to make it a whole lot fancier than my past cards were :P Haha, i'm up for that..... :)

That's sweet. You describe your relationship really nicely, I can feel the love. I have a similar relationship with my own mom. I bet your cards will be cool. My mom much to my surprise still keeps cards, doodles and notes I wrote with jokes fron years ago. The adage is true, It really is the thought that counts.

The thing that drives me crazy about the month of May is that my mom's birthday is like a week after mother's day. Most of my family was born in May, then there's graduation presents too, the shopping never ends ;_;

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I really need to get my mom a gift for mothers day but I have no idea what to get her.. :c ugh. i know she really likes supernatural though and a few other shows that i could possibly get merch of

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    The thing that drives me crazy about the month of May is that my mom's birthday is like a week after mother's day. Most of my family was born in May, then there's graduation presents too, the shopping never ends ;_;

That must be stressful and confusing as all hell. Your birthday isn't also in May, is it?

Years
  • That must be stressful and confusing as all hell. Your birthday isn't also in May, is it?

Nah, I'm a September baby.

This month just keeps better and better. Mom calls and tells me she needs money for some drainage issue, looks like my mother's day present will be an expensive rooter service. We've had awful rain storms for weeks straight that are killing the pipes in the neighborhood. Joy!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Nah, I'm a September baby.

This month just keeps better and better. Mom calls and tells me she needs money for some drainage issue, looks like my mother's day present will be an expensive rooter service. We've had awful rain storms for weeks straight that are killing the pipes in the neighborhood. Joy!

I admire your fortitude in dealing with it though. At least it makes shopping for her easy this year.

She's not one of the types who'll get you to pay for the pipes and then go "Now where's my gift?" right?
    Hopefully not.

Years
  • Yep, we have it here. =) I actually dk what to get mine....maybe an air fryer or something since we were talking about that at work yesterday lol, and it seems like a good gift. Usually I just go with the standard cards and chocolate since it seems like my family has little worldly desires.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • mother's day is celebrated commonly where i live. i don't really have anything planned for my mom, but i know i should give her something... it's hard when your mother lives across the country from you.

Sirfetch’d

I am going to do my shopping for Mother's Day this weekend. Mother's Day is so close to my mom's bday so I don't usually do too much for it other than a card, candy, and a balloon or two. This year though I might splurge a bit and get a nicer gift.

Years
  • I have no fucking idea what I'm going to do for mothers day. I might just make something she really likes for dinner and spend some family times. She's really hard to buy for.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    fortunately mom has made it easy this year, as she said "I don't wan't any presents, just a steak dinner and a bottle of red wine"

I was never really much of a gift-giving person anyway

will partake in that wine tho

Last edited:
    Years
  • I usually don't have any trouble figuring out something to do / what to get my mom for Mothers Day, but this year I really am not sure what I am going to do/get...

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    Luckily easing her troubles delivers my sentiments for her, and she usually says it suffices.

Back