• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how did/do you do in school?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • In high school, I made good grades, but I could have worked harder. Now, in college, I have all A's (so far), study a lot, and never miss class. I've only missed one class so far, and that was to get stitches. I'm on scholarship, but college is still expensive... I feel obligated to work as hard as I can. I'm a lot more motivated now than I ever was in high school.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    i always had decent grades and put in some effort. that is, until my senior year of high school. i already had a job lined up for me for when i graduated so i figured i didn't really need to care. i actually thought about dropping out when i had turned 18 but the teachers wanted me to graduate and kind of took it easy on my grades as long as i somewhat tried.

thinking back now, i'm glad i didn't drop out and i wish i would had tried harder in my senior year and actually went to college. that way i wouldn't be stuck with a labor heavy job but ehhh. at the time it was exactly what i wanted in life.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    the definition of talented but lazy, except when it came to maths. my failure in that department is a combination of pure laziness and a seeming genetic fuckery lmao. i know enough to not be held up in any career aspects, but fuck..... the gap between my mathematical capabilities and my prowess in other realms is gargantuan, lol.

Years
  • I did well in school, but I really didn't like to participate in class life, for me it was very boring, so I often left these events. I can't say anything good about school, they didn't teach what is really useful in life.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Very, very, very average. Basically Just Passing in most subjects. I do not miss school.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i got straight a's up until high school. due to my mental health getting gradually worse as i aged, i gave up midway through freshman year and slid through high school with d's and c's. i still don't know how i graduated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2019
    what type of student are/were you in school? did you get mostly good grades and get to class on time? were you absent from class often? did you participate in class? did you enjoy school overall?

I didn't get good grades in school, but I was a good performer when I was in college.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    I was always the most inconsistent guy in the room. I generally got excellent grades in some subjects and terrible grades in others, rarely was I ever in the middle. Although I probably could have been better overall, since I rarely ever studied for an exam.

I was rarely absent, except in my two final years of secondary school where I generally went to school in the morning and skipped the afternoon (mostly because I was bored by school and just wanted to hang out instead).

I rarely participated in elementary school, so the reaction of pretty much every professor in elementary school was that, even when my grades were very good, I needed to participate more. Then, in secondary school I started participating a lot and some professors started telling me that I talked too much and should sometimes let others "express themselves." So I guess I never knew what was the "right level" of participation xD

I liked the lessons in the subjects where I was excellent at (mainly math, sports, history, and foreign languages), because they generally interested me more, but overall I hated school. It was prodigiously boring and I was always getting in trouble for one BS reason or the other. Either because I talked too much in class or because I was supposedly being disrespectful towards some supervisor (not sure if that's how you say it in English, but I'm basically referring to the guys whose job is quite literally to annoy you during recreation time).

Years
  • I was a straight A student for awhile then they put me in classes for the " gifted " and everyone there was just as smart or smarter than I was and I felt too pressured, lost confidence so I stopped trying. Went from straight A's to A-B honors, then " bullying " started so I had to learn how to fight, lol. Fighting became my top priority so my grades started to decline even further to B's-C'S, so by the time I entered middle school I developed into the " class clown " who was constantly being suspended for all types of crap. I was arrested by the time I was 12.

Highschool for me was mostly about seeing/talking to girls, literally the only reason why I showed up to school. I did nothing but skip classes, go to GYM, lunch and took long naps.

Eventually my Momma made me drop out and get my G.E.D , because she was so worried about where I would end up if I had kept going to school.

What's crazy is I ENJOYED every minute of school, lmao. I sometimes wish I could go back and make all the same adolescent decisions again. Even with all the negativity that happened during my whole school experience, the class clown life was fulfilling for me. I remember teachers caring about me even when I was disruptive, disrespectful and plain ignorant. Although I caused nothing but trouble some teachers went the extra mile to showme I had more to offer. I'll legit NEVER forget my 8th grade teacher MS. Pascal, she was like a second mom. She surely straighten me out, lol. She was hecka hard on me. I appreciate her even more since I've wised up . haha.

Sorry for the excessive writing, lmao. I'm an intricate kinda guy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I was utter garbage at school right up until college. Then I started caring and realized I really like it! Went from a non-player in school to a 4.0 GPA. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i was average and thinking back, that is fine by me because i got out of college and it's not like anyone gives a shit about what grades i made anyway. education system in america is fucked lol.

Years
  • I was surprised I graduated on time after nearly failing a class I had to pass to even graduate. Though I am glad that I graduated on time as I did struggle with some required classes. The only thing I am happy about is that people in my graduating class started to treat me a lot better, I still had people bullying me though it wasn't as severe.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm surprised I even got into University to get a degree, even though I failed math twice;
    English language once (and it's my native language), BUT I guess, I would say that even if I was a tad late or missed one or two classes, I still tried my best and beyond.
    To be honest, I don't think the maths part was entirely my fault. A lot of the maths teachers in the school were kind of... Lazy? I tried and that's all I'm happy about.

They put me into the gifted and talented class with a bunch of other kids-- I think this was because we passed two or three of our main GCSE subjects? We had to study some more 'discussion' based subjects which were at A level (in Year 10 -11). I didn't do so well with it because it was all new and when I worked in a group, the other kids were kind of a bit lazy (and mean) too, so we failed as a group.

If anything, I did pretty well. A few B's, C's and a couple of Merits. I was apparently the only one in the year ever to do 4 A levels in two years. Though...I dropped one, when it became stressful.
    University-- The first two years, I practically worked my behind off, but when I did my degree in graphics at a University I had no choice, but to go to, I tried and gave up. Once I transferred and got accepted right away into a University in London, it was the best decision I had made for myself. It was hard at first because I had to relearn or try things I didn't know, but it was so fun. I graduated with a reasonably high score, even if working till 3 am on assessment day was hell.

But overall, besides the misbehaviour and sarcasm I gave to teachers in year 8 (but only influenced by a group of friends I had then), I think I did pretty good. I don't regret trying, even if I failed one or two subjects.
    School was good on the grade/learning bit for some of it. o/

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Most of my time in school, I've gotten A's and B's. Now I'm in college and some grades have gotten lower, even failing a class last semester. Though that was for reasons beyond my control. I consider myself smart, but very lazy. I get distracted pretty easily and never study, but I'm an amazing test taker.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I graduated with the highest average grades in my school, a 9.3/10. I got an actual cash prize (1,000€) for it. I got a diploma from the state government, even, as one of the top students overall that year.

One of the things that will forever be stuck into my brain was the fact that I never got a perfect grade on an English test. Best garde I ever got was a 98%. I think it was the only non-physical subject in which I never aced any exams.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Despite some mental health issues, I managed to graduate High School with a 3.7 GPA. Elementary school was great for making friends, but everything after that was a struggle socially.

Years
  • Well I don't want to blow my own trumpet

But I am one of the top students on my school. I am a Maths Whiz and also a Science Whiz. Also I have won several academics awards In inter-school level.

Well I don't care about it much because I believe that everyone is a potential achiever.

Last edited:
    Back