• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

beware the eyes of marge

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    how have you been betrayed by a friend or close one?

pkmin3033

I'm not foolish enough to let people get close enough to me to do things like that to me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Watching.png

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • oh definitely. who hasn't? basically they just kind of screwed me over by saying they'd always be there for me and then weren't, or by just never talking to me again. it sucks. but it's a thing that happens in life i guess.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • i arranged to meet up with someone a few months ago which we had built up for a while until i bottled it last minute and made up some excuse on the same day we were supposed to meet. we've since made up and i'm meeting her next month lmao.

Years
  • Nothing too big, I've pretty much just had some people who claimed I was their good friend to some degree or another, after getting along pretty well for some time. Yet the moment I said "no" to doing something with them (once! and it was because someone else asked me to do something right beforehand), or didn't agree with them on something they wanted, cue their attitude doing a complete turnaround, or in one case, a complete sudden removal of contact and ghosting.

Oh, okay then.
    And the latter one actually did kind of hurt since I thought that was a person I could rely on to talk to about things, but oh well. They want to react like that even after I explained the situation, I'm not playing that game then.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I have a natural repellant that keeps pretent-to-be friends away. And if for some odd reason someone might attempt it anyway, they're gonna have a bad time.

Years
  • It's not that big but a good friend of mine I've known for years said he would get me a job at this place he worked at, so I handed in my CV and he said he'd speak to the manager, anyway when I asked him what they said he just ignored all my messages even when I mentioned that he was ignoring me, was kinda annoying :/

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • one of my friends is not very trustworthy at all

my best friend and i created a brilliant plan to reveal his untrustworthy self to him, and he took the bait and ended up betraying our trust (we founded it on a prank so it was easy to clear up) and he still hasn't learned even after being totally embarrassed in front of us.

Sirfetch’d

I had a friend who I was pretty close to and they completely dumped our friendship....because I betrayed their trust.

I'd really rather not go into huge detail about it, but I was betrayed for betraying. I deserved it!

Years
  • A couple of years ago I went and confided some scary personal things to a guy who I later found out had screen-shotted the whole message.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i only have one or two irl friends who i can tell secrets to because my friends are all bitches and tell each other everything lmao

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    There were a lot of times when I was younger when others would make fun of me and my friends didn't stand up for me or were there for me in anyway. I specifically remember one girl who laughed with the other person. I didn't have the confidence and i didn't see the worth in myself as a person to stand up for myself. I really wished someone would be the voice I needed for me, but no one ever did. So growing up that way gave me a perspective that I was alone and not to expect others to be there for me in any big way. I think that carried over into my relationships and that's partly why I tolerated being mistreated for a long time.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • When I moved from primary to secondary education, I lost a lot of my friends. This was fairly uneventful, as I managed to integrate myself with people in my "form", however, they got fairly boring over time, becoming increasingly invested in mobile gaming.

After leaving that group, I ended up drifting between others, but I was never able to stay in a group for whatever reason. There was one that I managed to stay in for a while. Everyone there was nice & treated me fine. However, one person moved away, and the group just... collapsed.

It didn't take me long to befriend someone after that. For the purposes of this, let's call then Nate. Nate was an amazing friend at the start. I started off only being friends with him, but I ended up positioning myself with his other friends (a large group ~30). It was all going swimmingly, Nate still being my closest friend, possibly of all time. I finally plucked up the courage to ask to meet outside of school, but he came up with some shitty excuse. Being na?ve as I was I believed him.

It continued much the same after that, he'd make up stories about relatives dying, that were false to get out of meeting me. Of course I believed him, despite the evidence. As I grew ever closer to him though, something changed, he gradually grew more distant to me. When I asked if I'd done anything wrong, Nate replied "Shut the fuck up or I'll punch your fat face in". Acting on emotion, I removed his water bottle from his bag and put it in a bin (diabolical, right). I made several events to rekindle our friendship but they were met with ignorance or "You're a prick". While I still spent time with his other friends, things just weren't the same. Around a year ago, I was contacted by the head of year, who informed me that Nate had made several complaints regarding me bullying him, and that unless I stayed away from him and anyone he was friends with, there'd be serious consequences.

so here i am friendless, and with no confidence to go to school

Back