• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What YouTube channels are you subscribed to?

Years
  • and what made you subscribe to them in particular? is it the way they present their content, or just the subject matter they're covering in particular that interests you?

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Alright, here's mine

Black= Safe (IE it's pretty family friendly)
    Red= Not safe (IE not very family friendly, I wouldn't advise checking them out if you're not 18+)

Vinesauce (Vinny/Joel). Their streams are just really fun and chill. Vinny's Sunday streams are what can only be described as controlled chaos, where he plays weird bad indie games, and once a month or so does the corruption stockpile. Also, anything Vinny does that involves AI or neural networks is gold.
    Joel does a lot of more conventional stuff, like SNES madness where he plays obscure (sometimes bootleg) SNES games.
    Speaking of bootlegs, I highly recommend you check out his bootleg stuff, it's pretty great, (it's also the origin of the 7 Grand Dad meme).
    Also, whenever their main channel puts out a highlight video, it's gold.

Emplemon. He may upload once a month at most, but whenever he does you know it's gonna be great.
    He makes mini documentaries about the history of youtube, pop culture, and he even made one about the cold war (I'm not kidding).
    His videos are incredibly informative, and they're re watchable for how well put together they are.

Scott the woz. Name one person who doesn't like this guy, I'll wait. Yeah, it's pretty hard isn't it. That's just how likable he is.
    If you don't know what Scott does, let me fill you in: Scott makes videos on video games in general (Even though it's mostly Nintendo he talks about)
    He talks about things from hardware, to software, to gaming mysteries.
    This all presented by a likable, charismatic, and funny guy.

Caddicarus. Let me sum up this channel in 3 words: British, Playstation, YTP.
    This is perhaps one of the funniest channels I'm subbed to currently.
    Caddicarus mostly reviews PS1 games, but he also does other oddites, and sometimes top 10s.
    This is all put together with a hilarious, fast paced style of editing and humor, spliced in with actually informative stuff and good points.

Sorrow TV. This is mostly a reddit channel. Don't worry though, it isn't one of those dime a dozen text to speech channels that YT is infested with.
    This guy puts actual time and effort into his videos to make them as entertaining as possible.
    What else can I say? He's great.

MangaKamen. This is a commentary channel that isn't just another Leafy clone, far from it actually.
    This guy puts out analytical, fun, and informative videos about all sorts of things.
    One time it might be a review, another time he might be doing a commentary, another he might be ranting.
    I think his commentaries are where he really shines, where he informatively and intelligently disproves someone's points in a video.
    Throw that in with a nice style of editing that involves some slapstick humor and reaction videos, and you've got MangaKamen.

Someordinarygamers. This channel makes good content, plain and simple.
    He makes videos on technology, youtube, and the deep web.
    For his deep web videos, he actually goes onto there and explores around. What he finds are mostly conspiracy theories, scams, shops, ARG sites, and "Rabbit holes" IE, a cryptic site with many layers that you can explore almost endlessly.
    He also talks about viruses, and how they spread.
    So yeah, incredibly good channel.

Internet comment etiquette with Erik. Perhaps the funniest channel I'm subbed to currently.
    That's all I'm going to say, check him out.

Whang! If you're fascinated with internet mysteries and other famous internet stuff, I would check this guy out.
    His videos are informative and well-made, he also does gaming mysteries from time to time.
    Go check him out, you might just learn a thing or two about the internet way back when.

Most of them are red, but that's just how I roll.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Buick, Choice Hotels, Prevost - corporate-run channels I'm subscribed to to follow their products. The first two should be obvious. Prevost manufactures luxury motorcoaches and high-end, bus chassis-based, multi-million dollar motorhomes for the rich and famous.

Motorweek - Weekly show that tests and reviews cars. I mostly subscribe for their "Retro Reviews" for vehicle tests from the '80's and '90's. Don't really care for many new cars, but it's funny looking back with John Davis saying a 12.3 second 0-60 time is "pretty good" lol. Nearly 40 years later, Davis is still hosting the show.

Rivlanta - Posts "vintage" Buick-related videos from the mid '80's forward, including dealer promo and training videos. The video of the 1993 Buick Century "dashing through the snow" is one of my favorites.

Tom Fawkes - Discovered his channel while looking for Fire Emblem Fates Let's Plays. Some of the funniest game commentary as well as some impressive voiceovers for characters (if you haven't watched his Fates Let's Play, Tom giving Fates Iago the same voice as Aladdin Iago is absolute gold.) I watch Tom's Fire Emblem and Pokemon Let's Plays as well as his multiplayer rounds of Mario Kart 8, but he does a variety of other games as well.

Shadypenguinn - Shady's best known for his Pokemon content, but I watch his channel more to watch his Fire Emblem content. He got game overs and quit both Fates and Echoes, maybe he'll actually beat Three Houses lol

MetaKite1 - She was doing streams of GBA Fire Emblem games, but seems to have dropped them(she got about halfway through Sacred Stones.) She's still active with mobile gacha games, though.

KwingsLetsPlays - Husband and wife gamers who do a variety of games. Like some others, I subscribe mostly for Fire Emblem content. One of their cats also likes to meow randomly during their streams, lol.

GadgetGirlKylie - She's done a few games that I've been following, including her recent Sw/Sh play-through stream. She's also started doing anime episode react videos, currently working through SAO Alicization's first season. Sadly, computer troubles have sidelined her video editing and streaming for the time being.

Cream Heroes - Lady living in Korea documenting the crazy and cute antics of her 7 very fluffy cats. She often buys very elaborate toys for the kitties to play with.

There are other channels I'm subscribed to, but they're belonging to personal friends, and also my favorite hotel even though they've only posted one video of their hotel and that was like eight years ago.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Pffffff I've been subscribed to a great many channels, from channels from friends just to support them.

Age of Empires II content from DauT, T90 or TheViper

KuruHS for Need for Speed stuff.

and then theres like a ton of channels that are just dead.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I'll check real quick. I'm not actually subscribed to them (as I don't have a YouTube account), but I'm "subscribed" to them through the use of Invidious and NewPipe.

• Bryan Lunduke - old Linux journalist that just hosts a podcast/talking head video channel about Linux/FOSS content
    • Chyrosran22 - a guy that essentially only discusses mechanical keyboards and goes over them in intricate detail
    • Dave Lee - tech tuber that discusses various things but seems to focus heavily on phones and laptops
    • JayzTwoCents - tech tuber that foxues heavily on custom PC, liquid cooling, and a few mods
    • Level1Linux - a subsection of the Level1Tech channel that focuses on...Linux
    • LinusTechTips - tech tuber that goes over a wide variety of things
    • TechLinked - subsection of LinusTechTips that discusses news about tech
    • Techquickie - subsection of LinusTechTips that focuses on short/to the point topics related to tech
    • TLG (The Linux Gamer) - tech tuber that has a heavy focus on Linux/FOSS

I don't believe this list should be a surprise to anyone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    My current favorite is "The Salt Factory", because he makes great analysis videos. Sadly he only uploads once a month, sometimes less.

Years
  • for me personally, i'm subscribed to a lot of tech channels, moreso:

• LinusTechTips (i think?)
    • Dave Lee
    • Austin Evans (hey guys, this is Austin...)
    • Marques Brownlee
    • MrMobile [Michael Fisher]
    • randomfrankp (i really only watch his "cool tech for under $50" videos)

also other miscellaneous interesting channels:

• Real Life Lore
    • Half as interesting
    • Kurzgesagt
    • Life Noggin (although i don't watch their videos as much anymore)
    • Because Science

also:

• TheOdd1stOut
    • Jaiden Animations
    • SomethingElseYT
    • Domics

they're artists that basically draw stuff about their lives and add some humour into it. interesting stuff!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm subscribed to a bunch of art and gaming channels. But I gotta give a shoutout to my boy PewDiePie in a thread like this. ♡

Bay

Years
  • for me personally, i'm subscribed to a lot of tech channels, moreso:

• LinusTechTips (i think?)
    • Dave Lee
    • Austin Evans (hey guys, this is Austin...)
    • Marques Brownlee
    • MrMobile [Michael Fisher]
    • randomfrankp (i really only watch his "cool tech for under $50" videos)

Heh I also subscribed to Austin Evans too, mainly because I knew him personally (we communicated quite a bit back then).

Other channels I've subscribed too are mainly music stuff like insaneintherain, Lindsey Sterling, The Piano Guys, Boyce Avenue, and Postmodern Jukebox. Markiplier is one of the more gaming channels I can tolerate. Extra Creditz has some good videos concerning the video game industry and other subjects.

Years
  • Pewdiepie definitely

But there's also notable others like a lot of art channels like Jazza because he's hilarious, some comedy/nailart channel like SimplyNailogical because she's hilarious... Comedy gets me everytime ok

Art channels give me life, especially ones that are fun to watch (aka sadly not speedpaints)

Recently been into miniature painting though so I gotta give a shoutout to Age of Squidmar and Miniac for their highly informative and interesting/catchy videos.

Then there's the completely random slime channel Talisa Tossell because her videos are just aesthetic and her voice is so nice to listen to even if you don't really appreciate slime as a hobby.

And then league channels like RossBoomSocks that do interesting plays, ones that you rarely expect.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Mainly art, gaming, vlogs, story time animators, singing/dance and some eating channels. Then art channels I mostly watch are Jazza, Art Prof, Happy D. Artist and Lena Danya.

My favourite vlog channels are Ondo and Tweety, they're so calming and satisfying to watch. The only eating channels I find remotely engaging are Yuka and Tzuyang. Game Theory, Korean Englishman and Jolly are also pretty entertaining.

Years
  • okay maybe I'm the odd one out, but I am barely subscribed to anyone on YouTube. The way YT's front page is laid out makes it difficult for me to even care for subscriptions, and even ones I'm subscribed to, the creators usually send a notice out over Discord that they have a new video up.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    okay maybe I'm the odd one out, but I am barely subscribed to anyone on YouTube. The way YT's front page is laid out makes it difficult for me to even care for subscriptions, and even ones I'm subscribed to, the creators usually send a notice out over Discord that they have a new video up.

This is one (of the many) reasons I left YouTube. My current front ends only post links to my specific subscriptions. Far less clutter and distraction that way.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I mainly subscribe to musician/band's channels and record labels.

The only vlogger that I regularly follow is ctfxc.

Years
  • I'm not subscribed but there's ones I watch enough of that they appear on the front all the time.

Dr. Phil: I'm sorry but I just love this show, the drama, but he genuinely does offer help to people and that's what I like about it.
    Real Stories: Mostly British but there's some good docs.
    Various ask Reddit thread vids: Those ones that are like "Doctors of Reddit what's the worst thing you've seen?" really get you

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Focusing on the ones that I actually watch videos of:
    - EmpLemon (high quality content)
    - Einzelgänger (mostly for research purposes in regards to Stoicism)
    - Lindybeige (for the random medieval topicy video)
    - SNES drunk (on the offchance of spotting an interesting hidden gem I need to check out)
    - TimeGhost History (for the inbetween WW1/WW2 history stuff)

Tendency is sinking as I'm pretty picky and like to drop stuff that served its purpose.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2019
    I don't have a lot of subbed channels, but here are mine:
    (I'll group them together if they relate)

- RoosterTeeth
    They are probably my oldest subbed channel. I watched Red vs Blue as it was coming out and I fell in love with the personalities on the channel
    - Achievement Hunter
    I didn't sub to them when they were doing the achievement guides because that never really appealed to me. When they moved the let's plays from the RoosterTeeth channel to the Achievement Hunter channel, I subbed to them. Michael and Gavin are such an iconic duo.
    - Let's Play
    Again, RoosterTeeth moved their let's plays to another channel. I just followed them again.
    - Funhaus
    I initially subbed to Inside Gaming wayy back. Again, the personalities really shine here. They are a let's play channel with some sketch comedy and other things. Really funny people. They mainly play garbage games and the audience loves it.

- Gus Johnson
    Sketch comedy at its finest. He is on the ball with topical events. Hilarious dude.

- JablinskiGames
    New gaming videos every Friday.

- PaymoneyWubby
    He's primarily a streamer, but he comes up with decently regular content that his stream usually decides on.

- Internet Comment Etiquette
    He and Jacksfilms are two of my favorites. I can describe their content other than right up my alley.

- Jacksfilms
    It's Jacksfilms. Enough said.

- The Report of the Week
    Fast food reviews from a car. I subbed ironically, but I find myself watching his content pretty much every time it comes out.

- PewDiePie
    I used to be a little ashamed that I subbed to him. I subbed to him back when he was playing Amnesia and thought it was funny. His content has improved tenfold since then.

- Phillyd
    My primary news source. I of course have other sources, but I enjoy digesting his news first and then finding other sources from there.

And also a few more!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    - AzuriteRabbit
    Because she plays what I currently play (Pokemon / Dragon Ball mostly recently sometime Sonic & Skyrim).

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Retro Replay is one of them off the top of my head. It's a YT channel where Troy and Nolan play retro games. They do a lot of hilarious commentary and such. omg I totally recommend watching this one! I laughed my ass off earlier watching the most recent vid they put out. XD

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i watch a lot of analysis of movies and games so that's the majority of my subscriptions with channels like
    - Game Maker's Toolkit
    - Nando v Movies
    - Alex Meyers
    - Razbuten
    - Cinemawins (not cinemasins they suck so bad)

then off the top of my head there's a couple beauty/makeup related channels and one programming related thing, i have a total of one (1) lets play channel subscription which is EthosLab who i watch infrequently. possibly the only minecraft youtuber who's still good.

Back