• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Internet Timeline

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What is your computer/internet "timeline"? By this, I mean, what phases did you have during all your many years online or on a computer?

Mine is basically...

CD games (hundreds) > Disney website (one time) > Neopets > many other various pet websites > Pokemon text RPGs > Pokemon Forums > Pokebattlers/Pokefarm > Global Pokedex Plus > Facebook > Twitter > Turtleseed > back to Twitter > back to Pokemon Forums.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • Various small websites with Flash games, other games, and the like, Yahoo, Neopets, AdventureQuest, Club Penguin, a particular forum I won't mention that I was too young to really understand, then PC. Left for a bit and mostly used Facebook. Then actually started using Twitter and Instagram. Then I came back here!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • habbo > runescape > MSN > neopets > club penguin > facebook > twitter briefly > PC > youtube > twitter everyday

rip msn <3

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think when I was about 4 years old in 2004 I didn't use the internet on it's own, however I would scribble in Microsoft Paint all the time. We had a family computer we shared, and this is how I spent almost all of my time on it. My older siblings did get me into Neopets, and I joined Pokemon Crater when it was a thing.

It's odd because I draw a blank. I think I was more into Video Games than the internet, because I don't remember anything until around 2011 when I started playing Flash Games and posting on message boards related to it. While there was one I constantly posted on for years, I jumped around all the time.

I did that for years, until I started posting here. I'm satisfied with it being more laid back and I don't jump around anymore. Also I spend too much time on YouTube. The Recommended feature on the homepage can distract me for hours.

Years
  • pretty much flash games > serebii/psypokes/glitchcity/ign > more flash games > youtube > forums > myspace/facebook > skype > pc > more forums > pc > reddit > discord

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Didn't start doing computer things until much later in life, aha.

AIM > school > flash games > school > general gaming > school > youtube > school > PC > school > deviantArt/tumblr

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    cd games > neopets > forums > msn/aim > livejournal > pc > dreamwidth > plurk > pc > discord

with a few other things like gpxplus mixed in there and i'm going back to plurk/dreamwidth again as i get back into the swing of rping once again

Bay

Years
  • Myspace/Facebook>Yahoo>Pokemon forums>MSN>Livejournal/Dreamwidth>IRC>Skype>Twitter>Tumblr>Discord>Reddit

Probably not in that exact order, but more or less how it went. I did use other sites/services like AIM for a time, but that's like once in a blue moon thing. Also, there's also Youtube but I don't count that since I just watch videos passively and rarely comment and such.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • for me it began at about age five, with old windows computers and freeware/shareware games. for my eighth birthday i was gifted age of empires 3 by my aunt, and my mother got me a gold edition age of empires 2 cd set, and those kept me occupied until i discovered runescape with some friends over the summers. that had to be about 2007 or so given my age

runescape was the first big online foray, and i was 9 at the start. at about age 11 i joined bulbapedia, eventually migrated to bulbagarden, and then came to PC for several years to discover ROM hacking, which spurred my passion for software that i had been tending to since i had an interest after joining RS. i once recall being absolutely overwhelmed by the verbosity of the java codebase, some probably pirated ripoff of jagex server code i found online to try and make a private server with.. never happened lol

things were just difficult as i progressed through my teenage years, and i spent some time on irc before migrating onto discord in 2015 or thereabouts. since 2017 ive been an avid twitter user, and thats about it \o/

Years
  • may have missed some, but as well as I can remember...

neopets > aim & yahoo messenger > subeta > msn > pc & other pokémon forums & msn > neopets > pc & skype > pc & discord

good times! nice to see so many others share the neopets childhood haha.

Last edited:

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
    Years
  • Browser/Free games > Tamagotchi/Pokemon forums > MSN/Youtube/Online gaming in general (like Roblox, CoD, Habbo if you count that) > Other random forums/Steam/More online gaming (Rocket League, Battlefield, some others) > Minecraft/Discord/PC

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything. ^^;

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Pokemon fan sites>flash games> Runescape> Millsberry>AIM>Neopets> Gaiaonline>devianart>maplestory>facebook>youtube>twitter>dailybooth>instagram>maplestory>tumblr>pc/pokemon forums>tumblr>twitter>back to pc

Been on the interest since at least 1999/2000. Gaia was my life from about 2004-2011. Had about a 3 year obsession with dailybooth until it died. I spent most of my internet time on tumblr from about 2011-2016 and still really haven't left that hell site. Joined PC in 2012 and spent a lot of time there until about 2017. Now I spend most of my time on twitter and tumblr but still come back to here when I get bored with those.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hahaha oh dear, I used to spend so much time playing games on the Internet. :D

CD games (used to have these Dr Seuss, Magic School bus games etc.) > Millsberry > Polly Pocket / Barbie games > Cartoon Network / Nickelodeon games > Toontown Online / Club Penguin / Neopets / Wizard 101 / Adventure Quest > coolmathgames!! > Flash games on Kongregate > Maplestory > Pokemon forums (including PC) > Skype > Tumblr > every other social media at some point, you name it. :D

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I wasn't allowed to use the internet by my parents until around 1999/2000. I can place it to at least having been on the internet by sometime in 2000 because I remember looking at the Gen II Pokemon Pokedex online before G/S came out here in the west.

I wasn't allowed to join forums until 2003. I joined very few back then (most were video game ones like Animal Crossing Community). The first forums I was super active on I joined in mid to late 2004. I had a lot of fun in those communities, but I was in my mid-teens and super angsty and dramatic and ended up having to leave them by the time I graduated from high school a few years later because I caused too much trouble. lol That same year, 2007, I joined a ton of forums, this forum included. I had really started getting into anime, though, so most of the sites I joined back then were anime ones.

Also in the mid 00s, I began joining the social media sites of the time... Which back then were Xanga, LiveJournal, My Space, and then later Facebook. I loved Xanga/LiveJournal. I still actually use LJ from time to time. It's very private, just between pretty much one really good friend and I that have been writing since the mid 00s.

I'll still join a forum from time to time, but it's quite rare nowadays. But I still prefer forums over pretty much any other medium. I hate chat services like Discord.

Last edited:
    Back