• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homecoming

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
  • So for anyone in High school, homecoming is probably about a month away, maybe closer, or even farther. Who plans on going to their homecoming? Is it your first time going to one?

I plan on going, but i might have struggles. The girl im taking is out of state and stuff, her homecoming might interfier with mine. So if I do go, it will be my first time going to one and im an 11th grader.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i never went to any sort of prom. the alternative school i went to for high school was just too small for it. i would've loved to, but it just never came up. it would've been nice as a smaller prom, compared to all the huge proms i see at public high schools and stuff.

Years
    • Seen today
    I wasn't entirely interested in school events. I spent the last half of high school moving and switching around schools a bit, so keeping track of these things wasn't my priority.

Years
  • I never cared about them and thank goodness I didn't, because I don't really talk to my old high school classmates anyway (except one) so it kinda would've been a waste if I did go.

It's expensive anyway. :s Was like $130 or some shit just to go lol

just as ridiculously expensive as prom

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What is "homecoming" really? Why is it called that, and what does it entail? /swede

FlameChrome

Years
  • For me its only $10 per person, i am in a small school.

Basically just the dance for football team playing at the school. No clue why they do it.

pkmin3033

Anyways. There were graduation proms for Secondary School and University that I could have gone to, but elected not to. The food and formal attire don't really agree with me, and I've never been one for the music they often play at those sorts of things. Formal gatherings like that sound like a horrible stressor.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh ok so just another name for a sports related prom?

I always wondered haha. And hey I loved that film'

Years
  • I went to homecoming my senior year, but that was because my group of friends never went and we all decided to go. It was fun.

It was the first time I danced with my ex-girlfriend, too. We weren't official though until after the dance haha

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I went to my ex-boyfirend's senior homecoming. Watched a friend of mine overdose on ecstasy and be carried out bridal style by the vice principal.

Didn't go to my own.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I never went to homecoming or prom. I was quite literally a recluse loner in high school. =/ I never went to any school events of any kind.

Years
  • I went to the dinner dance in year ten, didn't bother with the river cruise in year eleven and left for uni half way through that year so no year twelve ball for me. It wasn't that big a deal to me and I'm not upset I missed out on the other things, but I am glad I went to the one I did go to. Most of my closer friends didn't go but there was enough people I got along with to have a good time. It was cool because people from all the different social groups were all blending together more than usual and it's not hard to find people to dance with when you're the only guy in the room who is actually a dancer, so I didn't have to worry about that part which I think stressed a few people a bit. I was excluded from being allowed to win best dancer though which was rude AF.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Homecoming was a huge event in my school. The entire week was full of events and each day was dedicated to something else, until the Friday homecoming fell on that was dedicated to just dressing however you wanted - I remember some guy came as a Sparta solider and had an awesome helmet, plume, and cape. And then we had a huge pep rally at the end of the day where the grade levels battled each other. Usually the seniors won, but I remember my junior year, we won (we also won senior year as well ayyyyye). And then we had a homecoming game that night that was totally lit.

I miss homecoming. I miss high school sometimes too. It was like a cool strange world when I didn't have any real problems or struggles lmao. I never went to homecoming dance, though, because it fell on nights where I had prior competitions.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I went to my homecoming dance sophmore year. I went with a few friends/acquaintances there and genuinely had a good time. I took a group photo with them and then we chatted and danced here and there. I think there were several dance offs many people would stop and watch. After homecoming was over my parents picked me up and I went to bed shortly after haha.

I also went to prom senior year and it went similar with me going with some friends. Funny story though as before prom I won a tuexdo from a raffle. I asked a few guy friends out but they declined so I wasn't able to find a date woops.

FlameChrome

Years
  • I went to my homecoming dance sophmore year. I went with a few friends/acquaintances there and genuinely had a good time. I took a group photo with them and then we chatted and danced here and there. I think there were several dance offs many people would stop and watch. After homecoming was over my parents picked me up and I went to bed shortly after haha.

I also went to prom senior year and it went similar with me going with some friends. Funny story though as before prom I won a tuexdo from a raffle. I asked a few guy friends out but they declined so I wasn't able to find a date woops.

Well at least you had fun right?

FlameChrome

Years
  • Just found out Im not going to homecoming. saves me $20.

FYI it would be either go alone or stay home and be on discord all night

Years
  • I've already posted about my prom in The story of your significant other thread, so I'll just repost that part here:
    Now during the 4th year, time for prom came. Prom here is little bit of different that in the US, so I'll borrow this part from wikipedia:
    Spoiler:
    I'm one of the last people that are asked where they want to put their family and I saw empty seats by the same table as she put her family. And now the fated how we DIDN'T get together story begins...
    Before the prom, we planned some thing together and were paired for most of the events there. And so we danced, drank and had great time together. Fastforward to 3 AM when the prom was ending and we are standing in front of the building, waiting for her dad to pick her up. I'm about to kiss her, when the doors to the building swung open. My drunk best friend is standing there, happily shouting to me that he was looking for me everywhere. Before I could react, my gf's dad's car arrived and she disappeared. And that the story how we DIDN'T get together.

Years
  • I wasn't doing too well in High School, like mentally, so I never went to any events or even graduation.
    Went to my college grad though.

Back