• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • That's really good advice!

I'm trying so hard to write, but it's not happening for me. :c

Really? It was just top of my head stuff. I've got a freightload of wisdom but the dispenser is wonky and I desperately need a ham sandwich. The two are related, by the way.

Some more advice, totally general in nature:
    If you're not happy with who you are, but feel that changing will be awkward and immediately noted by those around you... do it anyway. Even if it looks weird and insincere. Fake it 'til you make it, sweethearts, and you might surprise yourself. Being a sourpuss and naysayer is not the way you want to be remembered, nor is it any way to live. I'd rather be a laughed-at Yes Man than a comfortable Never Man.

... yeah it all gets a bit corny from here, but that's the best I can do on low blood sugar.

EDIT:
    Back on track and as to the inspiration bit, I find that watching movies can offer a lot of good ideas and motivation. It can even just make you think of a sentence, and a sentence can explode into a brilliant story.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I use my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, or iPhone to access Discord usually. :B

I'm thinking of deleting my post in the self esteem thread.

Calling people who aren't nice to me 'just awful' is not a kind thing to do :( I'm better than comments like that....

If it helps, definitely edit it out :)

That's really good advice!

I'm trying so hard to write, but it's not happening for me. :c
    Whatcha writing?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Whatcha writing?

Ahahahahaha very good question. XD

Yeah, I use my old Macbook, my iPad Pro and my iPhone 8 for Discord. It really depends. We have unlimited wifi in the car, so that helps when using Discord since it can really jack up data... and because we don't unlimited data for our phones/iPads (my mom and I both have iPad Pros, and she has the 8 Plus).

Years
  • Ahahahahaha very good question. XD

Yeah, I use my old Macbook, my iPad Pro and my iPhone 8 for Discord. It really depends. We have unlimited wifi in the car, so that helps when using Discord since it can really jack up data... and because we don't unlimited data for our phones/iPads (my mom and I both have iPad Pros, and she has the 8 Plus).

GIRL WHAT? UNLIMITED WIFI IN YA CAR? That's super convenient lmao. I've seen that, but I don't know if it's worth a purchase for me. I don't drive AS much anymore bc I work from home. :thonk:

I love my iPad Pro!!

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • GIRL WHAT? UNLIMITED WIFI IN YA CAR? That's super convenient lmao. I've seen that, but I don't know if it's worth a purchase for me. I don't drive AS much anymore bc I work from home. :thonk:

I love my iPad Pro!!

hehe yep. My dad does the driving in the family since I live with my parents and such~ It is pretty neat, and it comes with having OnStar because we have a Chevy Volt.

I love mine too! I got mine after they stopped supporting the iPad 2. I use my iPad Pro mainly for all my writing stuff because my laptop is so fricken old and stuff. D: Did you get the Apple Pencil with yours? I have the first one, and I like it... but it needs constant charging. So, it can be really tedious.

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • but no, seriously - I find it so funny when people cannot penetrate the haze that is my sense of humour. You're not the first and certainly not the last.

There are some things you shouldn't joke about even if the masses choose to support it or let it slide. And yes I realize you used 'humour' instead of 'humor'.

Years
  • hehe yep. My dad does the driving in the family since I live with my parents and such~ It is pretty neat, and it comes with having OnStar because we have a Chevy Volt.

I love mine too! I got mine after they stopped supporting the iPad 2. I use my iPad Pro mainly for all my writing stuff because my laptop is so fricken old and stuff. D: Did you get the Apple Pencil with yours? I have the first one, and I like it... but it needs constant charging. So, it can be really tedious.

I did get the Apple Pencil! I predominately use the Notability app on it as an actor/director. It's super handy. :D

Years
  • XkZAXZH.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I use Scrivener for all my writing needs. :3 It comes handy for organization, which I'm normally super bad with. XD
    I've never heard of that app! I'll have to look into it maybe. I love Notability, though. It's super handy, and a fantastic pdf editor.

I just use onenote for all of my note-taking needs. :c
    OneNote is a really good note taking system though! I've seem some nifty videos on it.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • Yeah... in my case, it's the lack of memory. Not to mention that every time I move stuff to the external hard drive... my laptop decides to freak out.

also another fun fact, my battery appearently sucks now. Its showing that the power hasnt increased, maybe up to 21%, well now 22% that i checked, it has no idea how to time keep because it says one minute until fully charged, because this computer had no battery life when i came home and turned it on. This computer must not hold charge along with it now takes forever to charge for some reason, usually its about half way or quarter charged but it isnt. I really need a new computer.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I've never heard of that app! I'll have to look into it maybe. I love Notability, though. It's super handy, and a fantastic pdf editor.

The App version is much cheaper than the computer version. I can't remember how much the app version cost now... but yeah.

also another fun fact, my battery appearently sucks now. Its showing that the power hasnt increased, maybe up to 21%, well now 22% that i checked, it has no idea how to time keep because it says one minute until fully charged, because this computer had no battery life when i came home and turned it on. This computer must not hold charge along with it now takes forever to charge for some reason, usually its about half way or quarter charged but it isnt. I really need a new computer.

I have to keep my battery charged all the time. It dies pretty fast, and it doesn't help that the mechanism holding the battery broke. Thank gawd duck tape exists. XD

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I have to keep my battery charged all the time. It dies pretty fast, and it doesn't help that the mechanism holding the battery broke. Thank gawd duck tape exists. XD

Duck tape, the best fixer XD been an hour and its at 82%, not bad but could have been better, along with google chrome was actually glitched with be, which sucked. idk how long my battery will last though

Bay

Years
  • I've never heard of that app! I'll have to look into it maybe. I love Notability, though. It's super handy, and a fantastic pdf editor.

OneNote is a really good note taking system though! I've seem some nifty videos on it.

Yeah OneNote isn't half bad. I used it before on some of my writing projects for a little while, but then I switched to Evernote which is a bit similar. I know a few friends that still uses OneNote though.

Years
  • There are some things you shouldn't joke about even if the masses choose to support it or let it slide. And yes I realize you used 'humour' instead of 'humor'.

Hrmm. Well I'm not terribly sensitive and I'm rubbish at tiptoeing around things, making political correctness a bit of a trial. If there was any offence intended, I'm sure that everyone would know it. The usual surplus of curse words is a pretty good hint.

Quite curious - is the 'humour' and 'humor' observation relevant beyond my global positioning and dialect?

As to the current conversation, I much prefer pencil-to-paper drawing over digital variants. More precision and the soft scratching sound is so bloody soothing. When people scratch themselves softly, however, is horrible.

... and holy kraken, the anniversary of my birth is tomorrow and I just got this present in the mail with Last Jedi wrapping and I'm hyperventilating. Maturely, of course, but I mean come on! What could it be?! What could it be?!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back