• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

sushi ????

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    sushi 🍣

I hear pretty polarizing comments about sushi - it's my favourite food personally but lots of people find eating raw fish kinda gross or sushi in general not that appealing

What about you? Do you like sushi/sashimi? What's your favourite kind? If you tried it and didn't like it, why not?

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • I haven't had the opportunity to try out sushi, but I am open to it should the opportunity arise. However, I am a bit of a health nut, so I may be picky.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think as far as dining out goes, sushi's pretty healthy (as long as it's prepared right, don't want inexperienced chefs serving you raw fish)! Unless you want to stay away from carbs, that is - there's a lot of rice in Japanese cuisine, haha.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I really like sushi; I'd have it whenever I'm able to! Personally I enjoy spicy crab meat sushi, but lately I've been enjoying Philadelphia rolls and spicy salmon rolls that I order for lunch at work.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • I think as far as dining out goes, sushi's pretty healthy (as long as it's prepared right, don't want inexperienced chefs serving you raw fish)! Unless you want to stay away from carbs, that is - there's a lot of rice in Japanese cuisine, haha.
    Not so much fearing carbs; I probably should be consuming more.

I'm more concerned with food quality (more particularly: sourcing), and how sushi would be prepared as you already mentioned.

Though it would be interesting if these chefs knew of resistant-starch rice, and would implement such preparation.

Years
  • I love sushi! I prefer baked/fried rolls [lol] but raw rolls are okay, too. My favorite rolls feat. salmon or tuna, cream cheese, avocado, and maybe jalapenos?

(I also really like uh snow crab naruto rolls?)

we probably order sushi at least twice a month. now bc of this thread we'll probably order it next week

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I have no interest in sushi. I don't think I have a strong enough stomach for it, and whatnot. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd eat it once in awhile.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I loveee sushi.

In college I ate too much of it, though, so admittedly I went years without eating it...

I'm back into nowadays, and we have very good local sushi here!

I like both the bigger, American style rolls, and the more Japanese-esque ones. My favorite thing to get is a combo pack where you get the smaller, seaweed wrapped rolls, and they come in salmon, tuna, and eel, and I usually inhale all three. lol

ALSO love philadelphia rolls too, though, when I don't feel like eating raw fish.

When I was really young I had cooked eel sushi at a restaurant, and that was hands down the best sushi I've ever had, but it's uncommon to find elsewhere since real sushi isn't usually cooked, and I cryyy.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of sushi, mostly nigiri though. I like the rolls but I tend to not buy them unless it's the only option. I really like Tamago, Tuna, and Eel, but I tend to try whatever. Only thing I don't really like is octopus, it's wayyy to chewy.

Mixing the wasabi in soy sauce for dipping makes it taste soooo good as well. Definitely would recommend.

In fact, I'm trying out a new sushi place around here tomorrow! I've heard a lot of good things so I'm hoping they're accurate :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Sushi is my favourite! I love various types of sushi - salmon, tuna, calamari, sweet chili pork etc. One of my favourites is tuna and avocado with Japanese mayo but I must have had 2828191901 sushi rolls in the past year alone. I can see why some people wouldn't like sushi as I know one of my friends found the idea of cold fish and rice together strange, but it's something I definitely love regardless.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I HAVE A NEW FAVOURITE

I've been obsessed with aburi oshi sushi lately, the kind that's pressed instead of rolled:

VancouverAburiSushi6-1024x576.jpg

And it's not just an aesthetic thing, they also sear the top a little bit and it tastes soo good.
    ALSO love philadelphia rolls too, though, when I don't feel like eating raw fish.
    I like Philadelphia rolls too, something about putting cheese in sushi is so weird but tasty at the same time.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I want to try my hand at homemade sushi. :) Unfortunately the only Japanese takeaway around here is not very good and doesn't taste healthy. Can't wait to taste the real thing when I go to Japan! ♥

Last edited:
    Years
  • If I could find a place around here that sells decent sushi, I would be all for eating it. Sadly, my experience with sushi lately has been...less than ideal, getting them from bars of places that aren't sushi places and yeeeah I almost can't stand eating those.

But I have had it before from a proper place, and thought it was pretty good. Would eat it again. Not a fan of wasabi, though.

Back