• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the meaning of life?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
To enjoy it. Because if you're not or you can't enjoy life, what is the point? I don't really believe that there is some grand purpose to existence.

Unfortunately, is also rather difficult to enjoy life given the rampant oppression that has plagued human civilization for thousands of years.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now

Well, as a serious answer, I find fulfillment and enjoyment with my hobbies. So I agree with what @Nah was saying. Although it does seem a very select few are born with a grand purpose. The course of the world is changed with them, for better or worse.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
To learn and discover and experience.

It's been said that perhaps we are all a wonderfully complicated way for the universe to experience itself.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
To make the most of it, do what you can with the time you have, and to find happiness.

I'm not going to like go into a long spiel because I'm tired, it's Monday, but that's what I think the meaning of life is.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
The meaning of life is to play as much Pokémon as possible and enjoy every bit of it. Get the most out of the story if possible, complete your Pokédex for the main professor of your region, acquire some shinies, EV train, and battle others competitively to test your skills against other human players.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I think that the meaning of life is love. To love your family, your friends, even to love your enemies. To not only love people, but to love this gift of life. Even the hard parts of life and pain we experience, which inevitably will happen is because of the love we have towards life and towards others.

Years
I find myself pretty much on Nah 's and Zeo's points of view.

The point of life doesn't exist, but you create yours. I have many interests and hobbies too, so I'd say that those little things keep me alive. Living a joyful life is what I am aspiring to, so I am working on it. I am trying to get the best I can from life. That's kinda it.

Years
To eat as much chocolate as I can and serve the feline overlords.

It doesn't really have a meaning to me. I just go from day to day and try to enjoy myself as much as I can.

Years
Echoing previous sentiments. Life has no inherent meaning, there is no grand purpose. That's a good thing. It means we are all free to find and choose our own purposes and take from life what we want to take from it with the time we have. It's a school of thought called optimistic nihilism.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
To take part in the history of existence. Your life is not by accident but inevitable in the grand scheme of things. And in order to understand where you're supposed to go you just need to look at all the people who lived in the past. Not the big names, though; there's no reason to assume you'll stand among the giants that made a name for themselves, carved into human history. Instead you need to look for those who walked in their shadows, turning the wheel of life into the next epoch without their names ever being known. How you do that is yours to decide!

Basically what the others said but in overly fancy words because the alternative would be me spouting desperately nihilistic things. <_<

Back