• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

As an adult, what things do you still not understand and at this point are too afraid to ask?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    do i have any shame about stealing from reddit? nope!

Years
  • How do I file taxes?
    How do adults not understand how to make financially sound decisions? I know there are plenty of different situations that require it, but I've watched many adults willingly buy boats when there isn't a body of water within 50 miles, or buy horses when they complain about not affording groceries.

Years
  • There's a list
    ~ Doing my own taxes
    ~ Driving
    ~ Spend money wisely >_>
    ~ Saving ^
    ~ Controlling childish impulses

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • How does the boiler work?

it stops working for 5 minutes so you call someone at like 11pm because without hot water you'll literally die immediately and they come and turn one knob like 90 degrees and tell you to just do that next time and kinda judge you for being so hopeless and this happens about every few months

that's how it works

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • it stops working for 5 minutes so you call someone at like 11pm because without hot water you'll literally die immediately and they come and turn one knob like 90 degrees and tell you to just do that next time and kinda judge you for being so hopeless and this happens about every few months

that's how it works
    #lifehack

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Everything?

Seriously, important stuff like Taxes. And cooking, like real food.
    At least I know how to dive/have my own car and pay my bills. At least there's that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    what are mortgages and insurance and and pensions and why do i need them
    basically the first two are because basic necessities like a home and medical bills and such is way too fucking expensive in the world for some reason to pay for all at once by yourself, and the latter is so when you stop working when you get old and crusty you don't go "oh shit I don't have any money/income wtf do I do"

driving

im too terrified to drive cause im terrified im going to fuck up
    It's kinda scary at first, but it's something where you kinda just have to do it, and you'll eventually get used to it and it won't be scary anymore. That's how it was for me at least.

now it's just the thought of driving to and from places i've never been to before that makes me shit myself

Years
  • How does the internet get to my computer?

What are all the things you can do with money instead of putting it in the bank and why are they supposed to be better?

Back