• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA pc regulars/veterans

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
I joined PC back in 2004. I've taken countless hiatus' because honestly, I forget about it. I used to love PC because it was a fairly tight knit group. As I got older, the group disbanded for the most part. Many people have been inactive for years. I haven't been on in over a year. Life and kids get in the way. But I am interested to see how things are now.

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
What makes me comeback everyday is the members, I've never been in such a community where people you meet and talk to can actually turn into actual friends (or something more ;)) after a bit and that's amazing.

I usually hang out in the OT forums, especially S&T or Forum Games. :>

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What does AMA mean anyway?
Calm this type of thread down, it's getting very random here.
It's original meaning is "ask me anything" but now it's just used randomly I guess.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I?ve taken plenty of hiatuses on PC to be honest. I'm also not really sure what gets me to come back here. Perhaps, it?s because I want to see how long I can do so. I?ve been here for 10+ years now as well, and I?ve seen this place grow into what you guys see today.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I keep coming on and off due to waning interest in community itself, and I come back because aimless posting is fun sometimes. I also love being able to talk to other Pokemon fans mainly, but sometimes it's like a nightmare trying to have a decent discussion

yknow life is also an issue, got that chronic illness & university combo like a bunch of others here

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
for those who are actively on pc, what keeps you coming back onto the site everyday? what are some of the things you do on pc? anything else?
i would consider myself active, much more active than i was before. i don't visit every single day but i try to visit when i can. i mostly post in the off topic board and discussions/debates.

bonus questions for those who've been active for 3+ years:
-have you ever taken a hiatus on pc? why/why not?
i did take a hiatus on pc technically. i think i was inactive for like 5 or 6 years, until i refound this site and started posting more actively and stuff. before then i was just a lurker, and just posted a lot of fan fic.
-what do you usually do on pc?
i usually go on the discord server and post in the off topic section or discussions/debates.
-any highlights/growth from being on pc?
i'd like to think i have made some friends here? and being on here has sort of opened up my eyes in some stuff i used to think.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hardly a regular anymore, but I come back every couple of week to months. Sometimes more often if I'm not doing anything. Reason? Eh, PC's been a big part of my life for almost a decade now. I fell out of love with this website in the last few years, but I still like it enough to check out how things are. As for hiatuses, I've taken a few yup. Don't really remember, but I know I stepped away from PC when Other Chat's quality plummeted. It happened around when I stopped being a moderator I guess, I really can't tell you when at this point. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun to post here, but it's just not the same as it once was, to me.

Well, okay, let me backtrack. It's unfair to just say PC's draw factor vanished, cause it didnt. I also just got busy and began to have a real fun and busy life outside. So that's definitely an important factor. Heck, might be why I dont look at this site the same as I once did.

Nowadays, I just stalk. Post occasionally. And yeah, there were loads of highlights. I grew up with PC. Made loads of friends here (whom seem to have either left or are busy). That being said, I've met a few PC members from here in real life (Morkula, PY, Nolafus, more). I was a part of a few Get-Togehters, a few Skype calls. I was a moderator for something like a year and a half, two stints. Second stint was garbage, cause I asked for my position and got it, and then vanished. I do regret that, definitely ruined my reputation and painted me in a negative light, but there really isn't much I can do about that. Something really random that was worth mentioning was a period where I had changed my username and I had several people asking me if I was some asshole smod from way back in the day. Irrelevant, but I thought that was funny.

I do hope I find the time and interest return one day. I posted once when I was younger that PC was my home and that I would never ever leave. I was young and naive, but I do believe now, being much older and wiser, that this website is helped me be who I am today. And I will come back to visit.

dipz

ps, this place will always be chit chat caf? to me. other chat just sounds so dull

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Do I count as a regular?

What keeps me coming back? I love Pok?mon, I like to talk about it at any given moment tbh. Now I know there 1000 other Pok?mon forums that I could go to to talk about that, but I do happen to like the interface of this forum a lot more than some others I've seen - that's definitely an important thing that kept me here. The other reason I keep checking the forums every day is because I'm active on the Discord server so I usually check the two places out simoultaneously.

But maybe I'll jump forums after having written this.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Sadly I am not as active as before. I won't say I lost an interest in Pokemon but... Kinda? SuMo and UsUm don't attract me that much. Also, some of my PC friends aren't here anymore sooooo...

-have you ever taken a hiatus on pc? why/why not? --> Not really a hiatus, but I've spent some time without coming on PC. It was just not a priority.
-what do you usually do on pc? -> forumg ames, and answer in the topics I like.
-any highlights/growth from being on pc? --> I did met some amazing person! Some who aren't on PC anymore are still talking to me at other places so yay friends!

Back