• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you guys do anything special for your birthday?

Years
  • or do you treat it as a regular day?

i miss when i actually had birthday parties but it seems that in recent years my birthday is just... another regular day. i haven't even gotten a birthday cake in a long time. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I never have many to do anything with.

Just gifts and that... Then it's basically just another normal day.

TY

I gather some friends on Discord and play some video games, usually private matches and mess around there.

pkmin3033

I have plans to go to Scotland by myself for the week this year. Because why not. Obviously, I want the time off work, too.

But most years I don't even bother observing it, and I dislike it when other people do at my expense...getting old isn't something I want to celebrate.

Last edited:

TY

Tell me about it, my parents often just host it anyways and force me to partake even though I have my own agenda -.-

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    yeah it's like the more you grow up, the less special it becomes which is super lame. ._.
    I hardly even have my family caring at this point haha. It?s just become yet anothet year and another year and so on and so forth. I commemorate the day by announcing it and forcing everybody I meet to congratulate me anyways, because darnit, I might not even get a hundred birthdays so they are worth remembering :3

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I treat it like any other weekend out but i know that a few lesser seen friends will attend and that I wont be paying for most of my drinks. I dont really even care about being older, I just like that I get to see my pals for an afternoon

Years
  • I hardly even have my family caring at this point haha. It?s just become yet anothet year and another year and so on and so forth. I commemorate the day by announcing it and forcing everybody I meet to congratulate me anyways, because darnit, I might not even get a hundred birthdays so they are worth remembering :3

it's particularly bad in my case because it's gotten to the point where i'm forgetful of other people's birthdays constantly. @_@

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I used to ignore my birthday (it's a long history of stuff pertaining to my blood relatives) but these past couple years my friends have made it worth thinking about again.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • If I could skip right over it I would. There's nothing special about me being born years and years ago. That being said usually my parents insist on taking me out to dinner or something.

Years
  • A couple of gifts and dinner with the family usually. I don't really care about my birthday but the thought is appreciated. Weirdly though, I do care about the birthdays of other people.

Sirfetch’d

I normally go out to eat with friends and family, separately. Other than that we don't do much for my birthday. I'll get cards with money in them from out of town family though as well which is my favorite part!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I get to watch the movies I like, which is always fun. Birthdays are the best when you're a kid, and the whole family sends you a present! Now I only get gifts from my mum.

There's nothing more special than receiving a present in the shape of a DS game. ^_^ Oh, the memories...

Years
  • My twin sister and I used to invite our friends over for our birthday but we don't do that anymore and my sister moved to another State. For my birthday, my parents take me out to dinner.

Years
  • Nope! Just order sushi or something else and eat that along with cake when everyone is home from work. The 'party' lasts maybe 30 minutes haha. s'all I need, I like it quiet and modest

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I spent the night watching shows with my fianc? on my last one, sharing a wine bottle; nice time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I forgot it was my birthday a few weeks ago until people started wishing me happy birthday on discord, lmaooo. I don't do much for it anymore. My parents got together with me and made a nice dinner for me and the day after I also went out for drinks with friends and that was enough for me. :) I don't like big celebrations or anything, anymore, I just wanna spend my bday having fun with people I love.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Hasn't been a special day since I was 10. Just been a homemade cake. Except my 21st birthday ended up being great

Back