• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Currently reading The Drawing of Three.

It's the second installment in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. IT started off slow but is getting gradually more exciting. :3

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Not currently, but I will be starting on Brave New World and Wuthering Heights for my summer reading project. I was told WH was really interesting but I'm not totally sure since classic novels aren't my style.

Years
  • Recently completed Animal Farm for our final English unit. Surprisingly not a terrible book; it had its moments, and I was relatively entertained throughout. The obvious analogies to the Russian Revolution stood out so prominently, it was like reading a book on their countries history, except they replaced all the important people with farm animals.

Years
  • I just picked up Console Wars by Blake J. Harris the other day, which as the title might suggest, is about the home console battle between Sega and Nintendo back in the early 1990's. I'm only a little ways into the book so far, but it's one that I'd had my eye on for a while now, and I didn't realize it was already out until this past Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to really dive into it when I have some time off later in the week.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Not currently, but I will be starting on Brave New World and Wuthering Heights for my summer reading project. I was told WH was really interesting but I'm not totally sure since classic novels aren't my style.
    Brave New World is an incredible book if you're into that type of thing.

anyway, finished up American Psycho (which was disgusting but effective and good) and started Catch-22. it's pretty cool so far but there's no plot to speak of yet. which is acceptable considering I'm barely 70 pages in. but it's still funny.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I just picked up Console Wars by Blake J. Harris the other day, which as the title might suggest, is about the home console battle between Sega and Nintendo back in the early 1990's. I'm only a little ways into the book so far, but it's one that I'd had my eye on for a while now, and I didn't realize it was already out until this past Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to really dive into it when I have some time off later in the week.
    Oh cool! We'll have to talk about this once I get further into the book!

I just started reading Console Wars today. It was recommended by a few people that I follow on Youtube, and since I grew up in that era, it was something I was interested in. Though I've only just started it, it's already interesting, and I can't wait to read more of it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Brave New World is an incredible book if you're into that type of thing
    ditto

I'm finishing up The Turn of the Screw by Henry James, a short and easy read, but very well written. Highly recommended for anyone who likes mystery/suspense/ghost stories.

Will be starting up a Bram Stoker short story collection afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    What book* are you currently reading? : City of Lost Souls
    How do you like it so far?: The story flow is kinda slow, I lost interest in reading it in quite some time now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • just finished Insurgent, searching for Allegiant vigorously because I muuust finish the trilogy.

Tell me if you like it because I didn't so much :( Dropped it midway through, though I heard there's a nice plot twist towards the end!

I recently just finished In the End by Demetria Lunetta, which was the sequel to a book I really liked. Unfortunately, this one left me so very disappointed. So many flaws, and the main character picked the wrong boy omg </3 I also read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children recently! It was a great book.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I'm currently reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green for the fifth time, after watching the movie. It was a great movie so I decided that, seeing as I couldn't find any other books to read, I decided to go back to the book.

Years
  • Currently i'm reading the Alex Rider series. Really interesting books. Also love the ideas for the spy weapons.

Years
  • Started Into The Wild as a summer reading assignment yesterday. I'd probably enjoy it if I didn't have to annotate, lmao. Seems interesting enough though, excited to learn more about the Alex character and his relationship with the narrator.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I am reading The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer. It's a nifty fantasy series that weaves in Norse Mythology. The setting takes place in the year 793, around the time the Viking raids on the British Isles began. It's a pretty cool piece of fiction. Educational as well. I am actually waiting to receive the second book, The Land of the Silver Apples, in the mail today.

Nancy Farmer also wrote a book called The House of the Scorpion that has a pretty awesome sci-fi feel to it.

I recommend these to any fantasy lover. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I'm working on Crime and Punishment right now. A bit hard to get through the parts where the protagonist won't stop whining, but I'm enjoying it overall. =)

Back