• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tattoos and piercings

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    What there is to think about people with tattoos? Some are just taking this art too far and make it ugly - the usual lack of moderation. My greatest teacher had a tattoo. It was a clover made in political prison back in the 50's (Poland). It wasn't fashionable back then. Now, some starlet do it, show it and everybody needs it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Not interested in them myself. My siblings have tattoos and piercings, one has a dragon across his arm which looks really cool. That one in particular has given me thoughts, but ultimately I probably won't get any.

Years
  • No for me. Tattoos sound painful and...permanent. I had piercings in my ears ONLY ONCE but then my ears got super sensitive to the earrings. I'm closing the holes in my ears currently and now what a relief. And yes, I regret my ear piercing back then.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    None for me, either. I had my ears pierced once when I was a little kid but they got infected and I wound up never putting earrings back in afterward, so they're closed now. Never really been interested ever since. Don't really give a crap if people want to have piercings or tattoos, either. People who go too far with body modifications tend to be unattractive to me but that's just me, and average amounts of tattoos don't bother me.

Definitely can get more squigged out about piercings; a lot of times, they just look bad, imo. Especially that trend of stretching out the ear piercings. Yuck, definitely not my thing. But more power to people who want to do it or find that sort of thing attractive.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not one to judge on that, considering I have 6 ear piercings and plan to get at least a couple of tattoos.

I feel that it's a way of expressing what someone likes or has a connection with in terms of tattoos.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    I love tattoos on both myself and other people! I've got two so far, '52 HERTZ' on my wrist and a sleeping Eevee on my thigh, but I plan to get a lot more. I don't necessarily want to be covered in tattoos, so I wouldn't go as far as to get a sleeve, but I like the idea of a lot of little, subtle tattoos on my leg/arm. My next tattoo I have planned is a cute portrait of my cat, probably further down on my thigh than the Eevee, and I want to get a tattoo in honour of my mother, too. I have an almost endless list of other tattoos planned too, lol, but I need to think about most of them a little bit more as I don't make an absolute plan to get one done unless I know it's something I absolutely want. As for other people, my boyfriend has a large, greyscale tattoo of Thor and Mjolnir on his shoulder, and I've always found it really attractive... it's fun to trace my finger on when he doesn't notice, lmao. I don't super love all tattoos, though, there are lots I find a little tacky and would probably be put off by if I was dating someone that had them... but at the end of the day, it's their body, and I don't get to choose what they do with it, so I'd put up with it.

As for piercings, I like them on myself, and I love certain ones on other people. I have my nostril pierced, my daith, and both my earlobes at the moment. I plan to get an industrial done in the same ear, and maybe another small piercing on the cartilage, but nothing more than that. I like how septum piercings look on other girls, but I don't think it would suit me personally, sadly. It's a little weird, but I like a lot of piercings on women, but I like men who have more subtle piercings, maybe no further than a nostril piercing? But again, if my boyfriend decided to get a piercing or two I'm sure he'd look cute with it.

Here are photos of my tattoos at the moment if anyone was interested! :>

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i used to have a nose piercing and my ears pierced but both closed up after i had to remove my piercings when i started working. i'd like to get both repierced soon, get more piercings and possibly get a tattoo. i have plans for tattoos on both of my wrists/forearms. i just need the money for them lol.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I have my nose pierced as well as my lobes.

I'm planning on getting my cartilage pierced, and I want a daith and helix piercing as well. I used to want my belly button pierced but now I'm not so sure.

As for tattoos, I'm personally not that into them. There's nothing that I want to permanently put on my body. I was considering getting a minuscule tattoo of a Cross behind my ear as a symbol of my faith, although I don't see it as necessary. If I were to ever get a tattoo, it would be something dainty, small, and minimalistic (as those are the types of tattoos that I prefer) and it would have to carry significant meaning. (Perhaps if I lost a child or my husband I would get a tattoo in honour of them)

I do think tattoos look sick on other people. I especially love sleeves. Most of my friends either have a tattoo (or multiple tattoos) or want one. Being surrounded by so many people with tattoos has made me consider getting one, but as previously stated it's unlikely that I ever will. Although, my sister has mentioned getting matching tattoos with me one day, but she herself is quite reluctant.

Last edited:
    Years
  • tats: thought about them a bit. im too indecisive, so that put me off them altogether. i dont know if something i'm going to get now is also something im going to regret years down the line.

piercings; nope, not my thing.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'd like to get a sleeve tattoo one day. But I dunno what I'd get

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I've never had any particular desire to get either a tattoo or a piercing. Don't think it would be worth getting either.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I like tattoos, I would get one myself if they didn't seem to hurt getting one.

I was never a fan of piercings

Back