• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you Replay the games?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Pretty sure this has been asked before, but generally no.

Once you get your Pokemon and can transfer them, there's no reason to go back. It's not like each game is unique; so you might as well just play the newest one with your old Pokemon.
Seems to me the games were designed with the Pokemon as the valuable objects in each game, than the games themselves.

I feel the same way, mostly. Even if I like particular regions, I can't say I like any of them enough to ever want to replay the same game over again. Too tedious.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I feel like Pokemon games are some of the most replayable.

I can always play through again with an entirely different team, which personally to me is like a different experience.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I replay Yellow all the time and I try to use Pokemon I normally wouldn't and one example is Tentacruel. Normally wouldn't think to go and catch Tentacool as I prefer other Water Types but it turns out to be one of the better Water Types. Its Typing may suck due to Psychic dominance but it can go after Grass better than any other Water Type thanks to Poison resistance.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Most of the time, I do. USUM are the only Core Series games that I have only played through once before.

Years
I replayed Yellow and started Crystal again. Bought them on 3DS.

I'll probably buy Red, Blue, Gold and Silver on 3DS in the future if I feel like it. Who knows when I'll get the urge to replay them again.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I replay the games all of the time. I keep thinking up of teams I want to use, so I just jump right in. It has recently been getting tiresome, but that's because I'm binge-replaying everything before LGPE get released.

Years
As much as I love most of the games, I really don't. I always play Pokemon games for the story more than anything else, and while every once and a while I try going through a game again either doing a challenge or just for fun, I usually come up short of finishing, and just shelf the game for a while until I get bored again. Maybe if the games had a non-linear storyline I'd be more interested in multiple playthroughs...

Years
Sadly, I don't. And I heavily dislike that I don't.

I miss when I was a kid and I was practically glued to Pokemon games. I remember whenever I would get home from school and one of the first things that I would do is play Pokemon. As a kid, it was super fun for me, and it helped that my IRL friends were playing Pokemon as well. I think as time progressed, we all got busier with our lives and as such Pokemon is kinda in the backburner, being only played periodically for mild enjoyment and... idk. I feel like childhood me would be massively disappointed in adult me rn. Alas.

You know, I've always wanted to just reply Platinum again from the beginning. Maybe I'll regain my spark for Pokemon gaming that way.

Years
Indeed I do. I mean, video games can be rather pricey, so I do try to make the most out of them. And while Pokemon is the same general adventure in every game, you can use different ones each time and have a different experience. That's why things like challenges exist!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I do replay them. I think a vast majority of them have very good replay value thanks to the storyline. Even then, you can always use Pokemon or movesets you never thought you'd use and take on challenges as well to make the game more difficult for you.

Last edited:
Years
Yes! I adore playing them over to do challenges or just for the fun of it. My most replayed are gens II since I have the most fun with it, but recently I started a new file on White and have been enjoying that. o/

Years
I always replay them. For the first 6 generations anyway. I love going through the story again with a new team. I don't like to rotate teams and only focus on a core 6 so if I want to use all of the Pokémon families I've ever wanted to play with in a generation then I need to replay (and it never gets stale for me going through the first 6 regions except maybe Sinnoh).

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I always delete the savedata, if I finished playing a game.
So far I deleted all the savedata from my older pokemon games (the ones were you can't use the internet features anymore, the only exeption at the moment is 'White 2', since I haven't finished playing it yet) and am only keeping the savedata of the newer games, at least as long as the internet features can be used. As soon as I become unable to use them (for example, because of a new gaming console), I will delete them too and will move on to the next. But this doesn't mean, that I don't replay them if I want. If I get bored of them again, they will be stored in my shelf, until I get the urge to play them again.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I replay Pokémon games all the time. I like to come up with new teams to use each time I play and especially try to use some Pokémon I haven't before.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Yes! I always find my way back to all of them. One of the few gaming series I can say I often replay.

Years
Always. There hasn't been a single Pokemon title that I haven't replayed and I'll maintain the tradition for as long as I care to. It's a consistent joy to start anew with a fresh team and different play style. Especially since it's getting harder and harder to raise a new team after the game ends.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Always. There hasn't been a single Pokemon title that I haven't replayed and I'll maintain the tradition for as long as I care to. It's a consistent joy to start anew with a fresh team and different play style. Especially since it's getting harder and harder to raise a new team after the game ends.

^ Pretty much this right here. I'm always restarting and replaying the games.

Back