• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weather Thread

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Winter is great. Shoveling snow, hot chocolate, wearing hoodies all the time, ahh.

Years
  • Smoky again today. Can't go outside without a face mask. Other than that, very nice weather. About 70 degrees F. Very pleasant apocalypse weather.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I love the idea of a winter wonderland; snowy weather, mild temperatures, and glittery trees. Days where you can go skating outside for the afternoon, come in to grab a warm coffee and then wrap yourself in a fuzzy blanket. This idealised season is probably my favourite of them all, however, it's on the rarer side here.

Bitter and frigid are excellent ways of describing the type of weather we typically get here during the winter months. To make things even "better", we also get piercingly cold north winds. There's nothing that expresses misery quite like waiting for the bus at 7am, it's pitch black out, you're dressed like a member of an Antarctic exploration team, the wind is whipping at any exposed skin, your body heat is becoming an endangered species, and all of this is tiring you out. You can also apply this to rush hour; it's freezing, it's dark, and your bus won't freaking show up. Oh yeah, and you slip trying to catch the bus when it finally arrives.

Our roads and sidewalks also get really icy. Once or twice a winter, the cold breaks and we get milder weather, which sometimes melts the snow. Of course, this doesn't last, and all that water turns into thick, slippery ice. Last and least pleasant of all are the blizzards. Horribly cold weather? Check. Bitterly cold winds? Check. Stinging snow? Check. Poor visibility? Check. The reason why this sucks so bad is because nothing ever closes in response to it; you still need to get to work or school.

In all though, those warm spurts have been increasing in frequency the past few years. Makes me wonder what winter will be in the future...

Aaaaand, I've ranted enough about the fate that's about to befall me, haha

Years
  • I hate winter, and here we get like 6 feet of snow at a time ;_; it's the worst. I prefer a nice warm day.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I like the look of winter, because snowflakes dropping in night is the most precious thing in a white wonderland of snow, but yeah, I don?t care for the cold - especially blizzards. Shoveling snow is the worst, IMO.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    my dude it is not even mid October

cool your winter jets

also not looking forward to winter. prefer fall weather T.B.H.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Some winters here are like long autumns. I like those better, because as ugly and dark and gloomy as it is, at least there's no super annoying wet slippery SNOW god snow is terrible

It's only redeeming quality is that it's pretty.

Back