• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satire

let’s get this bread
Years
  • Count me in!

I'm a bisexual cis girl but I don't go around telling everybody.

Just my family knows, but I'm obviously not averse to other people knowing.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i'm going to a local lgbt group tomorrow (technically today in my time zone) and i am really nervous, i have never been to one of these before.

i am hoping this will be my one safe place though where i live. where i can go by my preferred name and be called it irl locally and not just by my boyfriend and his family. where i can be called by my right pronouns locally and not just by my boyfriend and his mom.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm incredibly asexual. I've known this for some time now but I've avoided acknowledging it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    if you can share, what led you to come to this conclusion? :o

I suppose that I've never been particularly fond of intimacy. Through a few encounters I've come to the conclusion that physical intimacy is something that I loathe. There's been instances where a guy will put his arm around me and I'll flinch spontaneously due to my discomfort. It is peculiar and I can't quite figure out why I am the way I am. Even kissing is something that I am disinterested in. I simply find it unappealing and for lack of a better word, ultimately disgusting.

It's weird because I dream of getting married and having children one day and I consider myself to be a hopeless romantic. I am Christian but my asexuality has no relation to my spirituality at all. I honestly question as to why I am asexual at times, although I'm not necessarily ashamed of it. I do worry, however, that my asexuality with interfere with any future romantic relationships that I have or even the current relationship that I am in.

Last edited:

StormInAJar

Tactician from Renais
    Years
  • Hey there! I'm Storm~

Cis-gendered male, he/him pronouns, gay as helllllllllllllll ;P

Always glad to find my people on other platforms haha

Years
  • Hey, I'm Aaron and I'm a cis-male, use he/him pronouns, and I'm gay (which is always fun to reveal to a new group of people, the reactions are laughable)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey, I'm Aaron and I'm a cis-male, use he/him pronouns, and most I'm gay (which is always fun to reveal to a new group of people, the reactions are laughable)
    Because they didn't expect you to be gay, or how come?

I've realized that there is a label that kind of suits me, non-binary female. Doesn't really change anything. I just really don't want people to have certain expectations of me (of looks or behavior or interests or opinions) just because of my gender. I feel more non-binary than the average cis-person, I think, but am not uncomfortable at all with being female. And I don't really care much what pronouns are used for me, whatever people want. So yeah that's that :)

fenberry

Lover <3
    Years
  • Hello! I'm a cis-female and I'm...questioning. I like both girls and boys, but (this sounds edgy, but oh well) I don't like to be labeled as bi. I used to identify as lesbian, then I fell in love with a guy. So now I'm just fluid, I suppose!

Years
  • Because they didn't expect you to be gay, or how come?

I've realized that there is a label that kind of suits me, non-binary female. Doesn't really change anything. I just really don't want people to have certain expectations of me (of looks or behavior or interests or opinions) just because of my gender. I feel more non-binary than the average cis-person, I think, but am not uncomfortable at all with being female. And I don't really care much what pronouns are used for me, whatever people want. So yeah that's that :)

I get laughter after revealing my sexuality. people have stereotypes in mind about who they think is and isn't, and when someone who presents themselves as masculine is often met with laughter or confusion. Do they think it is a joke? I'm a joking kind of guy when I do reveal who I like, they often think of it as one. As a cis- 'straight-acting' male it can get confusing to people when you come out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello club,

I've continued educating myself on gender, agender and such matters, and I keep exploring who I am and what I feel comfortable thinking of myself as. Not sure there are good labels for how I feel in the end, haha, and I suppose that's fine. Nonbinary female, femme agender, something like that perhaps. Even "cis-genderless" lmao might work but it seems to be a controversial term.

Cid

Years
  • Hi, I'm Cid, and I am a gay man.

From the first post, I'm cis-male, and I use he/him pronouns.

I'm gay, man.

Hello club,

I've continued educating myself on gender, agender and such matters, and I keep exploring who I am and what I feel comfortable thinking of myself as. Not sure there are good labels for how I feel in the end, haha, and I suppose that's fine. Nonbinary female, femme agender, something like that perhaps. Even "cis-genderless" lmao might work but it seems to be a controversial term.

Those are a lot of possible labels. :'D

Whatever the case, I agree with you; there might not be a need to find the *best* label for how you feel. As long as you're you, I'm sure it's going to be alright.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome to the club everyone! Happy pride month! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back