Your first RP

Started by Ice June 5th, 2015 8:44 AM
  • 31 replies

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,789 posts
5.7 Years
It died, even before I had made my first post. So sad...

Foxrally

Age 21
Male
a Torterra's back
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,584 posts
6.6 Years
Like many other RPers, my first RP was PTA. It was a lot more active and still enormous and I loved that setting. I sort of drifted away from it after a while though, after I joined a few other RPs.
Paired to Ice and gimmepie
3DS Friend Code
0103-9972-1307
I make memes and other carcinogens

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 9 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
My first RP was Pokemon Survival Challenge (not my second attempt, the first one) which is also the first RP I GM'd. I think it did alright all things considered, it did die much sooner than I'd have liked but it was a good experience and I had fun with the interactions I was part of.

I make much better RPs now thankfully though haha

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted July 18th, 2019
13,229 posts
6.6 Years
My first rp was/is Gunpowder. It's still going, and I still nag Fox all the time about it so apparently I like it I or something. I don't know if I'd be interested in something similar though. It's one of those things that's like, a quota or something. You can only do so many western RPs, only so many zombie apocalypse RPs, only so many pokemon RPs and only so many giant fighting robot RPs before it just gets eh.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable

Male
Dark Cave
Seen September 20th, 2016
Posted April 14th, 2016
457 posts
6.6 Years
My first RP was one on an entirely different site (The now dead PokeBattleCenter) called Tales of Unova. It was practically the only RP on the forum. And we were small. Very small. I think there was about 5 of us. But it was great. We had a Skype chat which we talked on daily while writing our posts, and all became very solid friends for quite a while. It lasted around 2 years, but died when one of PokeBattleCenter's admins deleted the entire site.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows

Age 24
Male
Olivine City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted September 6th, 2018
3,221 posts
8.4 Years

The first experience I can remember with the corner was in 2008, with Pokemon: Team Rocket Returns. That should take you the the OOC Thread ... I was playing Joey Dee, the nerd with the Chikorita.

If you'd like to peruse through my first official IC Posts: [ First Chapter ] [ Second Chapter ]

That was definitely my first time actually roleplaying ... although, that wasn't the first time I signed up for one. I did some research, and apparently, I signed up for The Warriors/Wizards Academy back in 2006 with this lovely SU: [ Flake, the "Blazeing Inferno" ] Sadly, the RP had died long before I came.

Well, technically, my first roleplays were back when the Art forum was more than just a graveyard for sprite comics. Back in the years surrounding 2005, PokeCommunity was a cultural hub for them. We had a type of comic called PokeCommunity Comics, which as you might be able to guess were comics that members other than the creator could submit personas that would join and participate in the plot. Most often these characters would exist on the website itself ... like, everything took place on the top banner. It's weird to explain, now that I think of it.

Although, I hesitate to dub these actual roleplays, since you didn't have a say on what your character did or said. But the roleplay section here was only really just budding into the thing it is today, so it was more popular to head over the sprite comics section (wait ... yes, I do believe they had their own section at one point since there was so many of them) and submit your characters there.

If you want a horrific example, here was mine: Click here, silly. Although most of the image links are broken now, it still gives you a pretty good impression of how one presented itself and how you joined. I'm a little lost of find the one that spanned over hundreds of comics that I was able to join, and the more I look for it the more I feel like I'm drinking arsenic as I view my ten-year-old-self's hideous misuse of the English language. So, I'll keep you guys posted if I find it, if any of you ... care? I mean, if not, at least you just got a free PC history lesson! :D

hugh holland in "cracks: a sinnoh story"
-
-
Pair
-
Underground
-
Roleplay Theatre
-
Credits

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 41 Minutes Ago
Posted 41 Minutes Ago
33,079 posts
11.9 Years
I'm not sure what my first RP was. It might have been A New Professor in Town, a trainer RP that was set in Hoenn at the time. In 2010. I played some girl running away from home iirc.

ORegan

Age 29
Male
Boston
Seen February 10th, 2017
Posted August 11th, 2016
624 posts
9.3 Years
For me, it was back in about 2004 or 2005. It was a Mobile Suit Gundam RP called Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War(real original, I know) on an invisionfree forum. It was a small RP that was advertised on the Mecha and Anime HQ forum. Never RPed before then, was only14, and had the same terrible typing habit all teens had during AIM's heyday of typing like a moron.

I will say that constantly pushing myself to break the leet-speak actually helped in writing for high school because the more legible you are, the more your fellow RPers can react with your character. Another cool side effect to RPing that I found was that the more characters I had control of (at one point I had three main characters, control of six faction specific characters, and was the one in charge of entire fleets of mook giant robots and battle cruisers) the easier writing essays became since one post would be about a page long...especially during battles.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Out Of My Mind
Seen June 11th, 2017
Posted February 25th, 2017
397 posts
5.9 Years
I used to roleplay on this site years ago on a different name, and my first roleplay was the original Pokemon Odyssey. It was a blast getting into this kind of roleplaying, I've always loved writing. But yeah, I look back at that and think, "Wow, I was actually terrible at this. I wrote like that?" I hope I have improved at least somewhat.

Gandhi Savage

OJAMA DELTA HURRICANE

Age 24
Male
Ireland
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted April 2nd, 2019
700 posts
8.7 Years

I think that Legendary Rebels was my first RP here on the site, and boy would I rejoin it now if it would have a reboot. It's in the Hall of Fame! I may have posted once or twice before time constraints and other commitments made me withdraw.

-under construction
twitter youtube instagram podcast

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,963 posts
9.5 Years
I can't remember the name of my first RP, but it didn't last very long. It was called Tainted Water or something. I really like the concept of, but it just never made it out of the first week or two.

It was the return of Team Rocket with Silver leading it or something. Suicune had disappeared and all wild pokemon had because extremely aggressive toward humans and other pokemon. Team Rocket had tainted the water and captured Suicune.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent

Age 31
Male
Marysville, Washington State, United States
Seen March 1st, 2018
Posted March 1st, 2018
9,433 posts
5.6 Years
I recall the first RP I ever joined was one back in an incarnation of Super Skarmory Forums. I don't remember the name of the RP, but I do recall that it was a medieval fantasy style one that involved stones of various powers.
Owner of Play Well - The LEGO Fan Club

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio

SV

See You Space Cowboy

Male
Seen July 17th, 2019
Posted June 26th, 2019
3,393 posts
8.6 Years
I think it was Experiments. It was about a group of teens who were taken and experimented on to receive superhuman abilities, and called them 'Experiments'. They were then placed on an island, where they quickly got the upper hand and had to be put down, so they made another set of teens called the 'Materials' to fight them. I joined as a Material, had no idea what I was doing because I've never roleplayed before, and have been having a blast ever since.

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
Paired with the Artsy Infinite and the Spectacular Shak

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!

Age 26
Female
UK, North West
Seen September 25th, 2016
Posted June 26th, 2016
316 posts
6.9 Years
My first rp was years ago when I was 11? I had to wait a total of 10 ten days and accumulate a minimum of 13 posts to get access to the rp board. It was all very exciting. When I was finally allowed access I jumped in on the first RP I could. It had a total of three people, including myself, and lasted about 30 odd pages. It was so bad, I can't help but giggle when I think back. There were one liners with a pinch instant love plots and splash world ending twists... ah good times ;)

There was only one way up from there, though I don't think I've gone too far from my roots ;)

(my replacement while a new sig is made :P )

Paired with :
gimmepie

DLMuerte

supreme meme machine

Male
under the rpt floorboards
Seen April 9th, 2019
Posted August 31st, 2018
878 posts
7.1 Years
I don't remember what my first RP was. (I think it was an email chain actually back in 2011? Something like that.) It wasn't a big deal, and although I remember what it was about- Greek mythology- I didn't really care much to remember the timeframe.

I think I first RP'd and was aware of it here on PC if not on some chatroom with a few friends [they happened concurrently] back in 2012. My first was Pokemon: Revolution or something? I played a guy who was fighting against Team Plasma, haha. Looking back on it I'm proud of starting off with semi-decent writing and description, but I think I've come quite a bit from there. [Found the OOC: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289154&page=2]

Also, if you look closely, the SU contradicts itself. Thank you, dramatic writing.
homestuck fan club | ethersworn | minimalist theme

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead

Age 26
Male
They'll never find me. \|.-.|/
Seen December 9th, 2017
Posted December 9th, 2017
213 posts
10.2 Years
Years and years and years ago, I joined an RP called Dragon Knights. It's gone now, with the site it was on. It was about a resistance movement and I played a child who'd lost his body in a horrible experiment and he was a sort of electronic spiritform that could take over machines... Rotom! But years before Rotom was a thing. He 'died' stopping a bomb timer just as it was about to go off, allowing his friends to escape the building. I miss that RP. I miss that site...

I don't think I've ever roleplayed on PC.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 9 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
I don't think I've ever roleplayed on PC.
It's okay, that's easy to fix ;)
Advertiser Content