• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Typos

Years
  • How many typos do you typically make? I have extremely shaky hands, they never actually stop shaking. Along with dropping things and not being able to do any precise work, they dance all over the keys.

Honestly, it can take up to five minutes for me to fix a post and I won't even talk about writing fic.

Years
  • typos are an easy fix for me since i just see the red squiggly lines underneath the misspelled words and right click them to get it right. reading back on posts i make though, i have the habit of not typing out some words from time to time. e.g. "it's not that much of a problem" turns into "it's not that of a problem". i believe it's because i think of what to say faster than i can type, so when i slow down/backspace to fix some spelling errors, my brain just skips ahead one word and forgets to type it out every so often. i know for a fact that people who interact with me on the regular notice that too heh.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    One of my main issues are two COnsecutive big letters. It's usually more of an issue in my native language, though, as we always capitalize nouns, etc. Another one I typically make is accidentally swap letters so "weird" becomes "wierd" and so on. Also, with English not being my native language there most likely are a bunch of words that I spell wrong without noticing. Sometimes I look them up just to make sure. And then there are times when I think one word but write another and when I reread it I get confused because suddenly all meaning of a sentence is lost.

But all in all I don't think that it's too bad? I don't spend a lot of time fixing things and it seems people understand me just well enough.

Years
  • One of my main issues are two COnsecutive big letters. It's usually more of an issue in my native language, though, as we always capitalize nouns, etc. Another one I typically make is accidentally swap letters so "weird" becomes "wierd" and so on. Also, with English not being my native language there most likely are a bunch of words that I spell wrong without noticing. Sometimes I look them up just to make sure. And then there are times when I think one word but write another and when I reread it I get confused because suddenly all meaning of a sentence is lost.

But all in all I don't think that it's too bad? I don't spend a lot of time fixing things and it seems people understand me just well enough.
    TIL that Megan's first language isn't English. you've sounded like a native speaker the entire time i've been talking to you tbh.

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
    Years
    • She / They
    • Spain
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I think faster than I type too, so I tend to forget about typing certain words during sentences like Roni said, or accidentally switch letters because I'm typing too fast.

Since English isn't my native language, I have problems with words that have two consecutive consonants in it. For example, instead of typing "depressed", sometimes I type "deppressed" because there are other similar words where that's done (like the word "suppressed"). I try to pay more attention to the red lines below words nowadays, so at least that's not much of an issue anymore. Also, there are other times where I accidentally use a Spanish word with English text because the English word is very similar to the Spanish one, and I'm a bit of an airhead x(

My biggest problem by far though, is typing the word "acquaintance"... I swear I don't know how I do it, but I always manage to butcher it TwT

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I tend to hit the wrong keys a lot when I'm typing, especially if I'm trying to go fast. I might hit the u instead of the i for example, or hit p instead of the backspace button.

Also a random thing, but I never knew the word "cognisant" can be spelled as "cognizant". I know Americans use Z's instead of S's in words like generalize, but even this looks wrong to me...

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    TIL that Megan's first language isn't English. you've sounded like a native speaker the entire time i've been talking to you tbh.
    I suppose it's harder to figure out nowadays unless you're explicitly looking for it. I've had a lot of practice over the years. It's actually very bad in a way, because now I end up having a lot of trouble when trying to communicate in my own language while things would be a lot easier in English. It would also be a lot funnier as my people is about as cliche at English pronunciation as one can imagine. xD

Handling two languages also causes some typing problems. Not only are there a bunch of very similar words that only differ in maybe one letter, but also mixing the two languages always confuses the program I'm writing in. Worst thing is when they try to auto correct. It's one of the reasons why I often times end up writing stuff in a basic text editor...

Years
    • Seen today
    I never notice my typos until I turn my essays into a tutor for feedback. Then I realize I make dozens of them.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm constantly going back and forth correcting typos, lol. I get pretty careless sometimes.

pkmin3033

I have a nasty habit of pressing the Enter key before I've finished typing though - I've had this laptop nearly a year and I'm still not used to the keyboard.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I am really bad with typos when I am texting because I just press send if the message is legible, even if there are glaring typos. I think most of my friends are used to it. I am generally careful with proofreading and don't make spelling typos but will often submit something and find random punctuation that I accidentally inserted when I was tired :D

Years
  • I make more typos occasionally on my mobile or tablet when typing fast. I also have dyslexia a bit and struggle with spelling grammar errors. However I've been improving those areas much better as well from it being part of my studies I do. ( I tutor myself ) To improve my learning better since I have a Learning disability. I'm still smart I just extremely struggle with math the most, spelling, grammar, and still. I do wish I could have a tutor but I can't afford one sadly. I give everything I do and learn my 100% best and don't quit. Yes, it might take a longer to learn, do and understand some things, since I'm a slow learner than ' regular ' people. Though as I stated I always give it my all.

Years
  • because i type way too fast, i just kinda accept the fact that typos are just gonna happen whether i like it or not. i try to proofread, but typos still happen, so. =P

Years
  • So many typos that I'm surprised folks even understand me. There's always just something I have overlooked, and I have an autocorrect that auto incorrects things sometimes. Just call me Roonil Wazlib.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i type pretty fast when im on my computer and when im on my phone autocorrect likes to correct me so i end up with a lot of typos. if it's a simple typo ill go back and change it if i catch it but otherwise unless i'm writing something that actually needs proper grammar and spelling i don't really go back and reread haah.

especially on discord.

Years
  • I don't make tons, but sometimes I'd make a post and find a typo months later which is.....the ultimate cringe. :( The most I make are when I type on discord/live chat since it's super casual and I type very fast when using those lol.

Bay

Years
  • Even as a writer I tend to get typos fairly often. There are some words that I still get wrong and need autocorrect for haha.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    On my smartphone, thanks to auto-correct... Well, I don't use auto-correct because I found out it has a hard time predicting what I really want to say. However I use "sliding input" (I don't know how it's called in English; it's the functionality that replaces typing on your keyboard with sliding your finger over the letters you want to type) and sometimes it guesses the wrong word (still less often than auto-correct).

When I'm typing on my laptop, I often make typos, unless I have a tool that underlines my errors lol.
    In addition to this, English is not my mother tongue, but my mother tongue and English share a lot of words that look alike but write slightly differently ("to recommend" / "recommander"; note the tiny "e" that becomes an "a"). Native English-speakers probably suffer by my every post 😔

Back