• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Mario game you've ever played?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I do not remember. :( I didn't have a console at all until GBC and N64, so I would only get to play Mario games when we would travel to visit extended family who had game consoles. I don't think I ever played the NES title as a kid, so it must have been one of the SNES titles. The only one I can explicitly remember is uhhh... I think sometimes I would beg my parents when we were at fancy hotels to let me play an hour of video games. Sometimes they'd have modified SNES consoles hooked up to the TV where you could choose from a selection of games and I think I'd often play Super Mario World? So I guess we'll go with that.

But the first one I played for real was Super Mario 64 since that came with our N64 when my parents finally broke down and got us one.

Years
I likely got into Mario way earlier than this (like in the SNES days, I think), but from the best of my memory, I only really remember playing Super Mario 64 a lot.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES or Mario Kart 64 for the N64. :D Loved both

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
It was either Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64. I want to lean towards it being Mario Kart 64. Was also the first video game I ever played, period.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Super Mario Bros for NES and I watched my dad play it before I did. I used to get scared when he fought bowser and would cover my eyes lol

Guest123_x1

My first Mario game was the NES Super Mario Bros. I was brand new to video games at the time I first played it, not knowing that running into that first Goomba kills - heck, I had to figure out how to play the game 'properly' all by myself - even to the point where I realized that I needed several fireballs to take out Bowser for points without taking out the bridge.

Maedar

Banned
Years
Depends on how you define "Mario Game". I'm old enough to remember playing the original Donkey Kong at Chuck E Cheese when I was five years old.

Still, I remember playing the original Super Mario Bros for the NES too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
It was either Mario Kart 64, Super Mario World (GBA), or the original Super Mario Bros. I don't remember which I played first.

Latios360

The calm and quiet one
Years
First game, I think, was Super Mario Bros 3, and that was the one I fell in love with, despite having trouble completing it to this day (I've only made it to World 4 and currently stuck there)

Back