• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PGPC] #1 - What Pokemon types would best describe you?

Years
  • Welcome everyone to the new Pokemon General Polls and Chats series (aka PGPC for short)! PGPC is a new weekly event stemming from past series here in Pokemon General like the PokePOTW and What Would You Do?, where we throw a topic at you every week to discuss and decide over. Sometimes these threads will be a deep dive into a certain parts of the franchise, or something as simple as pitting a couple Pokemon against each other to see who are your favorites! With something a little different going on every week, it's always a good idea to stop by and see what we're discussing in each PGPC!

Now with all that said, this week's topic is:

"What Pokemon types would best describe you?"

Do you find yourself having a hot temper like a Fire type? Or perhaps you're more down to earth, and ar more like a Ground-type instead? Or do you more go with the flow and are really mellow about things, making you something of a Water type? Do share!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Well if we go by Zodiac I'm a Cancer Krabby and a water type. I can be moody yet still go with the flow if I have to.

When it came to the world of Avatar I always saw myself as an Earth and Fire Bender. I'm grounded and hard to move like an Earth Bender but I always have the temper of a Fire Bender.

My favorite types are Electric, Steel and Poison. But when it comes to describing me I think it would have to be Electric, Ground, Water and Fire. I can be quite shocking at first with the temper of the fire types yet I can be both grounded and go with the flow. You know if that makes any sense. xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The type that best describes me is the Rock type. I'm incredibly stubborn and don't stop once I get going on something. I'm unapologetic and can be cruelly unforgiving to which one could argue I'm a cold hearted bastard(hence pointing to Ice type, which coincidentally is my favorite). I can be very passionate at times, hence pointing to being a Fire Type but also compassionate and forgiving(hence Fairy Type).

So to summarize:
    Rock, Ice, Fire and Fairy

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I commonly associate myself with Grass types the most, as I am a passionate gardener and an avid nature lover. I've always had an adoration for various plant and flower species. Personality-wise, I do consider myself to be rather nurturing, thoughtful, and relatively calm, similarly to grass types.

Although, I do have a tendency to be quite fortissimo and at times, as I am a rather talkative, outgoing sort with a big personality. I've been told that I'm both the voice of reason as well as the life of the party, which is almost contradictory. With this in mind, I also liken myself to Electric and Fairy types, as both are known for being rather lively and whimsical.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Normal-Types. They are known as versatile type, which kinda suits me. I can go from one thing to the exact opposite in seconds. I had 2 jobs this summer. One was manual work in one elementary school and the second one was making questions for local IT competition for kids. Another example: I had a lot of fist fights when I was in high school. I beat people that were bigger or faster that me just by adjusting to their style in one moment and switching to another one in the next moment.

It's really hard to describe, so I hope I did somewhat a good job on it.

Years
  • Personally... I've always felt that I would be the Electric and Ice type, which is a weird combination to have! I'm very hyper and generally very happy IRL and people have commented a lot of my endless energy which I think goes well with electric types. I'm an introvert at heart, however, and a lot of the time I just need to relax and be on my own, which can sometimes make me come across as somewhat cold, I think? I don't do this intentionally -- I just need to recharge my social batteries so to speak.

But there you go!

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I think Fire-type describes me best because of how passionate I am as well as my competitive nature.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • My personality is a cross between fairy and electric, I would think ;) xD

I can be pretty electrifying! >D *metaphoric cheek pouches sparkle* I'd imagine me thunder waving others if I was a pokemon xD

I can be just all bubbly, like a faiiiry, too~ ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Fire and Ice. I can be very passionate about something/someone but switch to cold/apathetic in a second if given adequate reasoning in my mind.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Grass for sure. They're my favourite type, green is my favourite color and I could be described as calm, gentle. Dark would be a secondary type if I had to pick one. I can hold grudges and when I do get angry, my character switches 180 degrees.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    According to one of those which Pokémon type are you quizzes I got:

"You represent the Ground type! The Ground type is all about balance. Like the very Earth you stand on, you are careful and deliberate about your actions. Your patience is a virtue, and you rarely lose your balance when navigating tricky waters. However, you remain an enigma, Ground type. Be sure to communicate your wisdom to others, and perhaps they can assist you in turn. You are somewhat isolated due to your introspective nature. You have a strong sense of self, and are rather stubborn when forced to deviate from the course you know to be correct. Again, remember others' perspectives, Ground type. There is more to the Earth than the ground we walk on, after all."

It's pretty accurate, so I'll go with that.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Psychic, I can sense/read emotions well, am very perceptive and attentive to detail, I'm also quite unpredictable as a person. I've also had a few slightly prospective dreams, SLIGHTLY. So, yes, Psychic type fits me perfectly.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I would have to say I'm a ghost/flying type, because I'm illusive and hard to catch ahaha :D

^ Okay, thats pretty awesome :P

I'd say i'm like a grass type too. I love being out in nature (usually with my dog) also i'm rather sensitive and dislike being around drama/strife.

I like being around flowers a lot, too xD

Grass/Fairy seems like a cute typing for me. I like it :3 Haha, i wonder if people here expected me to be electric or fighting or psychic more, lul xD

Out of those 3 i'd probably say i'm like an electric type cuz i am very energetic (though i would say energetic probably works with the fairy type too haha)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Dark and Poison.

Much like the Dark type suggests I'm sinister and have lots of secrets to hide from people. Too many, in fact.

The Poison type is commonly associated with the color purple; plus I may be a little toxic here and there. Not too toxic online, but in real life?

Back