• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite generation in Pokemon design

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Which is it? Gen II for me, I'm biased, but they all have some good qualities that stand out and are much cuter then other generations. They aren't over designed either

Years
  • I looked through every generation pokemon design and generation 1 has more pokemon design I like.

Years
  • It's tie between gen V and VII. While I don't like gen VII games, it has imho one of the best designs. It was really hard to choose my team, when I played Sun.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    In my opinion gen 4 was very solid in terms of design. Except for lickylicky, there were no horrible designs and it had a lot of cool evolution and prevolutions to many cool pokemon (togekiss, gallade, munchlax, etc.).

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    I'd say Gen 2 or Gen 3. This is where the designs stopped being too simplistic, but also didn't get into the realm of not looking like OG Pokemon. Not that I have a problem with the new designs.

Years
  • It's got to be Gen 6. Although small in amount of Pokemon there are very few I would never consider using. I always struggle a lot on deciding who I want on my playthrough's as there are just so many I adore.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Gen 3 for me because I thought they looked different enough to be 'new pokemon' and following (and previous) generations had some creative designs, but not as many.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    3 has some really nice ones overall. 7 and 4 aren't far behind, and I like a lot of 2's.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Generation 4, I love almost any single pokemon in this region, the legendaries in particular have excellent and very creative designs.

Years
  • I mean, I have to hand it to Gen VII for coming up with some rather amazing designs; Decidueye being one of the best-designed Grass-types next to Torterra of Gen IV.

Speaking of Gen IV, that generation comes at a very close second design-wise.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
    Years
  • Generation 3 is my all time favorite since it always brings back a sense of nostalgia.

Generation 7 made me see the game in a different light so it's a close second for me. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    I would say Gen III, following closely by Gen IV then II, from Gen V onwards I'm still not very fond of most pokemons' designs, and with the Gen VII, I cried because of Alola forms (except Ninetales and Sandslash) being ridiculous (I'm looking at Diglett/Dugtrio and Meowth/Persian mostly)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Johto, definitely. Very round shapes, faces that are comfortable to look at compared to many newer, weirder mons, interesting ideas to complement the Kanto collection, and overall very good pokémon.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I like a lot of Pokémon from Gen II. Maybe because it was my first region, but all the Pokémon there feel 'familiar' and fit very well together with those from Gen I (naturally).

Back