• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite phone?

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • I outgrew it quickly because it was lacking on the apps, but it's definitely a great way to be introduced to smartphones if you're on a budget and can't afford an Android phone.

That's the exact same reason for why I have abandoned Windows Phone, I had a Lumia 610 which was gifted to me by my father and it has been my first smartphone for me as well. It was okay when I first got it, but I quickly noticed the inferiorness of the Windows Phone platform.
    Most Android and iOS apps weren't available on the Windows Phone market and the ones that did have a Windows Phone version sucked most of the time. The phone itself was also slow, WhatsApp took a solid 40 seconds to open and it was a pain to use, I eventually replaced this phone with an iPhone 4S which was way better.

love was when i

loved you one true time i hold you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2018
    Honestly, the IPhone 4 was my favorite I currently have the IPhone 6s Plus and it's so delicate!!!

Went from an Apple fanatic to Android kinda person now.

I just don't like the new features in the IPhone's, very overrated in my opinion..

Years
  • I've flip flopped between iOS and Android, and always find that I'm more comfortable with the Apple phones, even if I don't like their other products. Overall, I guess my favorite would be my current 8 Plus. Still a bit salty about them removing the headphone jack the past few models, but other than that I love everything about the phone (so far).

Years
  • My current OnePlus 5T is essentially the phone that I didn't even know I really wanted all along.

As someone who has been riding on the Google train ever since I've gotten the 5X, I've always been wary of purchasing any phone that didn't have Google's personal stamp on it. This is largely because the best part of owning a Google phone is having timely security updates and the fact that you always have an up-to-date version of Android so you can enjoy the multitude of features and customization months before everyone else does.

But then came the Pixel 2/XL. Again, everything I ever really wanted on a phone, but I feel like Google became their own enemy in a way with the rather exorbitant price tag. I had trouble justifying whether or not spending $800 would really be worth it in the long run. After all, I've spent $649 on my Nexus 6P and it has barely lasted me two years without showing significant signs of wear; would the same happen to the Pixel?

I've always known OnePlus for basically being what Google originally was: selling flagship-quality devices at significantly lower prices than the competition. The 5T really just checks so many boxes for me (screen size, bezeless, comfortable in the hand, screen quality/colour, and the biggest, BIGGEST thing: Battery!!), that it became harder and harder to ignore, especially as I compared this phone to others in its price range.

Sure, there were some compromises that I had to make, but tbh, this has became my favourite phone so far and I don't regret making the purchase at all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    My favorite phone was my RAZR back in like 2006-2007. I had the red one. I really miss flip phones because you could hang up on someone real quick like CLAT.
    I always wanted a flip phone (you know, before smartphones existed), those things just looked so cool

My personal opinion on most pieces of tech is

New-is-always-better.gif

I've never upgraded my phone to something newer and looked back, it always runs faster, smoother and better (though that could be because I use my phones until they are 100% dead, so any replacement just seems way better). So that said, my current "best" phone is what I'm using now, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

luckyjack

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2018
    For me it's HTC One M7. That phone was just beautiful with its Boomsound speakers and metal body. Really made a difference coming from a plastic Samsung.

Vigilance

Re-diddly-dacted
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    I absolutely hate Windows phones to death. I had one and can't stand them. Currently own a 6s that I think serves it's purpose well. Apple is the way to go for me. I plan to get an X or an 8 once I save up some.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I thought Windows Phones stopped existing...they still exist?

Any Samsung phone is best phone. I currently have a Note 8, and it is amazing!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • i currently have the iphone 6s+ and the size is perfect. i switched from iphone to an android (samsung s6 edge) after being with apple for so many years buuuut that really didn't work out well and after returning to using an iphone, i definitely prefer it of the two.

U-Hacks

A Hacker
    Years
  • i own an iPhone 6s and ut absolutely works fine for me (You all have thinking how i got it right?) I'm just 12 but that was my fathers phone, when he buyed a new one, I got to handle iPhone 6s, i formated everything, and it works fine.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2022
    Google Pixel XL. Bow down people, it's one of the best out there.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
    Years
  • I currently use the Samsung Galaxy S7 and it's the favorite phone I've owned.

The Blackberry Bold 9900 comes in a close second!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    iPhone 4s is surely the best phone created x

But the iPhone SE isn't bad either. Mine hasn't broken or gotten slow yet and it's been what, 2-3 years? I do want an iPhone X or 8 but I can't justify switching it out haha.

Not going Android any time soon, pretty sure.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought Windows Phones stopped existing...they still exist?

Any Samsung phone is best phone. I currently have a Note 8, and it is amazing!
    The Note 8 is realllllly nice omg. We don't sell it where I work but our parent company does. I had a chance to see how well it performs, and it's mindblowing. I especially love the portrait mode photos it can do with the blurred background. It's so effortless and does it really well.
    i currently have the iphone 6s+ and the size is perfect. i switched from iphone to an android (samsung s6 edge) after being with apple for so many years buuuut that really didn't work out well and after returning to using an iphone, i definitely prefer it of the two.
    Honestly, the S6 and S6 Edge were the black sheep of the Samsung family. They tried to venture into new, unexplored territory by having both the flat and edge variants, as well as continuing the IR blaster trend. However, they did a stupid thing in taking out the SD slot, and that alienated a lot of people.
    I currently use the Samsung Galaxy S7 and it's the favorite phone I've owned.

The Blackberry Bold 9900 comes in a close second!
    I use the same and I absolutely love it. It has an amazing camera and I use it all the time. It's a huge upgrade from the S5 Neo I was using.
    iPhone 4s is surely the best phone created x

But the iPhone SE isn't bad either. Mine hasn't broken or gotten slow yet and it's been what, 2-3 years? I do want an iPhone X or 8 but I can't justify switching it out haha.

Not going Android any time soon, pretty sure.
    We sell a lot of iPhone 6 and SE devices because they're 0 down, but the SE is especially popular with people upgrading from the 5 line and earlier, or are looking to go from the 6 to something smaller because they didn't like the size. There's rumors that Apple is supposed to release three new devices this year, and I'm wondering if they're going to be bringing back the compact sizing of the 5 line and the SE with these releases, or if the standard sizing of the 6/6S/7/8 and the 6S+/7+/8+ is going to be around a bit longer, or if the X will be the new standard size.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think my favourite ever phone was the last phone I had before getting a smartphone. It was pink and had one of those slide-out landscape keyboards. I had "unlimited internet" (on a crappy browser) and I absolutely browsed PC that way, ahaha. Typing was so much better with a tactile keyboard. Buuut eventually I had to get a smartphone so I didn't get left behind.

I think my first smartphone might have been the one I adored the most. I got an HTC Desire and aahhh it was gorgeous and worked so well! I had it 3 years and only upgraded because I was starting to run into trouble with apps not installing because I couldn't upgrade past Android 2.2.

Right now I have a Pixel 2 (just the regular size), which is the first phone I ever actually like... preordered and got hyped for. I'm very happy with it, especially since I technically didn't even have to break my HTC pattern! (I went HTC Desire -> HTC One -> HTC One M9 -> Pixel 2... made by HTC!) :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    My current OnePlus 5T is essentially the phone that I didn't even know I really wanted all along.

Heeeey I'm also in this camp. :D

I've got the pretty 8GB Sandstone White model and I absolutely love it. I spend a lot of time on my phone so it's great to have something that can keep up with everything I ask it to do. On top of that, yeah, the battery life is amazing. My previous phone was a lower range LG thing with terrible battery life despite its capacity. Basically had to carry a power bank with me whenever I was out, which is not something I've ever had to do while owning the 5T. Honestly the only draw back is that it doesn't have the most fantastic camera in the world, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. (thanks in large part to that sweet student discount)

Also, dash charging is the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I'm still using my HTC Desire smartphone. It's fine.

and omg hi5 to other people using this brand, I thought almost nobody uses this :O

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm like one of the few people my age who didn't have a razr or any other flip phone as their first phone as a teen and actually I've only owned two phones in my life. Both smartphones I got last year. So far my favorite of the two was my iPhone SE. I love the small size that was easy to hold in one hand and the rose gold with the retro iPhone 5s style looks so cool. Plus it had a lot of same features my current phone (iPhone 6s) has. Unfortunately I had to replace it cause I accidentally got the SD card stuck in the card slot and ruined it so now I have my 6s which I still like , but I just miss my SE so much. :/

Last edited:
    Back