• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] What do you want to know more about?

Years
We know very little about Legends so far. What are you most interested in hearing about?

Personally I want to know just how many Pokémon are in these games, as well as getting more in-depth looks at the different areas/environments.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Right now I'll take anything we can get since we know almost nothing about the game.

But what I want to know the most is stuff that they might not be able to make known pre-release. How big the world really is, how much content and world-building and exploration will be in it, etc.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
The focus. Are you mainly catching Pokemon? Is training and battling a major or minor aspect? What is the end goal?

Years
This.

Right now I'll take anything we can get since we know almost nothing about the game.

But what I want to know the most is stuff that they might not be able to make known pre-release. How big the world really is, how much content and world-building and exploration will be in it, etc.

But to be more specific, what I want to know the most is the Dex as that's the biggest selling point for me.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
The supposed open world. Will there be points of interests? What about random events (as in encounters with NPCs, scripted events with wild Pokemon, etc) and collectables? What's the incentive for exploring every inch of the map? Imo a lot of open world games fall into the trap of having massive maps with vast stretches of nothing between towns, so I'm curious about Gamefreak's approach.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
dang, I'd say anything at this point, I never expected them to just go silent after that little showcase.

I assume they just don't have more to show. But I'd like to see more of the battles, it seems like they just did a revolutions style panning camera scene.
What I can't tell is if the background is the actual environment where you start the battle or, if it switches to a default background, like usual.

I'm gonna try and leave out any complaints as I'm writing this, how big is the area?
The part we've seen seems pretty open and much the same other than certain biomes like the beach area, so I wonder how they'll handle map borders.
and if we'll have areas that look different.

Intuitive and engaging 3-d maps are a lot different from what they're used to, and needs different rules.

Just having a wall, or a row of stuff blocking the path works in 2-d but it would just feel weird in a 3-d game, unless done believably.

How will Hms work? Can I surf? I'll bet diving will probably never come back, cool concept and done well in emerald, but I don't see them deciding to make an entirely separate map system any time soon.

What's the user-interface?!!!

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen May 28, 2022
dang, I'd say anything at this point, I never expected them to just go silent after that little showcase.

I assume they just don't have more to show. But I'd like to see more of the battles, it seems like they just did a revolutions style panning camera scene.
What I can't tell is if the background is the actual environment where you start the battle or, if it switches to a default background, like usual.

I'm gonna try and leave out any complaints as I'm writing this, how big is the area?
The part we've seen seems pretty open and much the same other than certain biomes like the beach area, so I wonder how they'll handle map borders.
and if we'll have areas that look different.

Intuitive and engaging 3-d maps are a lot different from what they're used to, and needs different rules.

Just having a wall, or a row of stuff blocking the path works in 2-d but it would just feel weird in a 3-d game, unless done believably.

How will Hms work? Can I surf? I'll bet diving will probably never come back, cool concept and done well in emerald, but I don't see them deciding to make an entirely separate map system any time soon.

What's the user-interface?!!!

To be fair, every Pokemon game since ORAS have done this. SM had no news between Feb 27 and May, USUM had no news between June to early August, SWSH had no news between March and June and the IOA and CT had no news until about half a month before they released. Don't expect anything until June / July

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
How big will Sinnoh be?
How explorable?
How vast?

But also, how recognisable?
Will I be able to stand where Floroama Town will be and recognise it?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
To be fair, every Pokemon game since ORAS have done this. SM had no news between Feb 27 and May, USUM had no news between June to early August, SWSH had no news between March and June and the IOA and CT had no news until about half a month before they released. Don't expect anything until June / July

maybe but ORAS from what they showed looked obviously good from the start, and and sun & moon at least looked/seemed good, this doesn't.
They also haven't shown anything major/new, previous games there was always some new big draw that they put front and center.

Before it was Mega Evolution, Primal versions, Cosplay Pikachu, Z-Moves, now there's just no hinting at anything.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The combat, and I guess the general scope of the game.

The game coins itself as an Action RPG but judging from the gameplay we saw it seems closer to a Turn-based RPG with Action elements which...isn't the same. But at the same time, can't really say for sure what it is so I'm at the very least interested in that.

Other than that I just wanna know how big the game is and wants to be. I mean judging from what it is the game has the potential to completely eclipse the gen 4 remakes which would be surprising but also totally logical. But I mean, hard to say, the game could be anything at this point. I do get "expanded wild area" vibes but that's mostly the cautiously jaded part of me talking.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
I wanna know if the open world formula is going to effectively work for this franchise and how many Mon will be obtainable compared to SwSh. Those are the two things I'm most curious about

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
I need more prevolutions or something to feed my pokemon collector soul for this installment.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

The focus. Are you mainly catching Pokemon? Is training and battling a major or minor aspect? What is the end goal?
These things, essentially. What kind of open world are we looking at?
And will it be a heavily story driven rpg or a collecting/battling focused ordeal? Or something else?

and will the trees be high res

Years
I think I'm most curious about how large the world is. I'm playing BOTW again at the moment and I'm really hoping Arceus's world will be comparable to that. Something tells me I shouldn't set my expectations that high though. xD

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
I think I'm most curious about how large the world is. I'm playing BOTW again at the moment and I'm really hoping Arceus's world will be comparable to that. Something tells me I shouldn't set my expectations that high though. xD

one thing I learn from playing pokemon is that you should never expect anything from it 'cause it will be completely opposite :D

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I want to know about the story and how progression will be designed for the player to enjoy.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
I want to know more about the story itself and what's really the endgame for this. It's interesting how we've gotten the setup for why we're catching Pokémon for the Pokédex, but now about what's causing the Pokémon to get angry and rage at us and what bigger plot is unfolding.

Back