• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Professor?

Pick one!

• Total voters
Years
  • Surprisingly I think it's Oak. Surprising in that I guess I've never thought about this before but it seems I really don't have strong opinions on the Professors either way and I guess it's Oak by default since he is THE Prof. Kukui is quite memorable but he doesn't deserve the top spot just for having a masked wrestler alter ego as fun as that was.

Years
  • ^ that's why there's an "other" option

personally, I'm going to go for the iconic prof oak, although kukui is a very close second.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    XsF2Roz.jpg

Years
  • Sycamore is really underrated. He has a great design and thanks to him you get two starters and a megastone. He is also the first professor in the series that gets personally involved to help you fight for good. He tests you with battles, is there to help you learn more about mega evolution and the history of Kalos, then plans an elaborate celebration for you in gratitude for saving the region. Xy often gets criticized as needing more development, but don't forget about Prof Sycamore! He's more developed than most professors. My second fav is Juniper.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I clicked on Professor Oak because it was the first option. Wondering if the results would be different if poll presented choices in a different order.

Actually, Professor Oak is my favourite anyway, ha!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Rowan becuase he has a moustache and his fire and grass starters are cute

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sycamore is cute, Birch is wholesome, Kukui is cool, but the best professor is professor Burnet. She's so cool and her research is fascinating :D I love that they re-used her in Alola!

Last edited:

Coldnx

Ice-Type Enthusiast and Jynx's 1# Fan
    Years
  • It's got to be Professor Oak for me, he was the first professor in my first Pokemon game.

Years
  • If we're just going by the games, my choices would be Professor Birch and Juniper, based on the kind of research they do. If I had to pick just one of the two though, I would lean towards Juniper, as I think it's interesting to try and figure out where and when Pokemon first came into existence, and when humans first started interacting with them.

Years
  • I was deciding between Elm, Juniper, Sycamore and Kukui, but after months of thinking about it over and over again, I think I'll give this one to Sycamore. Read VisionofMilotic's post, because she listed most of the reasons why I like him.

Back