• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone here trick or treat?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Just wondering because there's nothing wrong with late teens to adult range doing that.

Years
  • I stopped trick or treating years ago and trick or treater's don't even come to my house for candy.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Nope. This country isn't into it, and Australia wasn't much either imo. Some areas would, but just not where I lived. Helps one of those places was up a steep hill, which is a great natural defence system against small children and door knockers. :V

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • I worked and we got slammed. Seems people wanted burgers over candy this year.

Years
  • I did not! I haven't done that in years. I did pass out candy tho! {to like 7 kids! there was supposed to be a big storm}

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Funny cause on reddit I said trick or treating as an adult is a little odd and people got mad at me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think the last time I went trick or treating with my friends was when I was in my last year of high school, so about 17 years old? I didn't do it every year, but we were just kinda like hey, this is our last year as technically "kids" so let's just go for it

It's not that I think activities should be limited by age or anything, and I'm a big advocate of doing whatever you like regardless of whether people think your age range should do it or not, and this is true of things like playing video games or collecting stuffed animals, because that doesn't affect anyone else. But with something like trick or treating, I just feel like when you're older you should stop, not because it's "childish" but because houses do have a limited supply of candy they intend to hand out to children to make their night, and if a lot of adults/older teens are hitting up those houses in groups and taking from that limited supply of candy, that potentially ruins it for some younger kids.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I did not. A few of my close friends did, though. The last time I went trick-or-treating was roughly 2 years ago. (I would've been in grade 10.)

Instead, one of my best friends came over and we ordered pizza, munched on chocolate and candy corn and had a Scooby-Doo movie marathon. We had to pause the movies frequently, as a lot of kids came knocking on my door seeking treats. I, of course, was dressed up as a very groovy hippie, if I do say so myself! All in all, I had a spooktacular night, and it was quite relaxing, much in contrast to the wild nature of the Halloween parties I attended last weekend.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • nope. i was going to, but i had no one to go with and i didn't want to go alone. i did go the year before though.

i just sat at home and watched a movie with my boyfriend on rabb.it and then went out to golden corral with my mom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Trick or treat and halloween in general is only a rather recent phenomena in Belgium. So we dont get a lot of them around. We do have "driekoningen" around christmas though. Is not exactly the same, but it is going from house to house to get candy.

Years
  • Well, I didn't have a tank handy, or tear gas or an electric baton or garlic or wooden stakes and a mallet so sadly, no, I refrained. And I didn't have the Deathtrooper costume from Rogue One, so there's another nail in the coffin of potentially trick-or-treating.

Besides, my dentist has it in for me and that would be just the ammunition he needs. Anyone else and he's like 'OooOOOoh, you good flosser, you'. I floss my brains out and he's like 'Hmm... keep at it'. After all I've done for him! Such as not biting off his finger even though I had innumerable opportunities to do so. Pfft.

Years
  • I do trick or treating in the classroom, I buy 3 packs of little pumpkin buckets at the local Daizo at 100 yen per pack. The kids make Halloween masks from printouts and straws, and then as a group go "trick or treating" to other kids tables, and get stickers placed into their pumpkin buckets. I wish we could bring candy, but the kids love it.

Back