• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
So, I am trying to donate the 5$ recurring so that I can get the tier 4 donating rank. However, when I click the PayPal donate thing, I have to select my price, and there isn't an option for the recurring I don't think. Was wondering if I just did the $5 would it automatically recur or?

Years
So, I am trying to donate the 5$ recurring so that I can get the tier 4 donating rank. However, when I click the PayPal donate thing, I have to select my price, and there isn't an option for the recurring I don't think. Was wondering if I just did the $5 would it automatically recur or?

Check the Donation Information thread under the "Subscription-based Donations" heading just below the Tier benefits chart for instructions:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25461

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I did the recurring donation and it shows in my bank statements. Do I manually have to be made a supporter or should it have auto-done it by now?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Alright, so next problem!
How do you do background images? Do you paste a URL or what? Cause it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Go to your profile and on the right side under your friends list, you should find a section for picture albums. Go there and upload any picture you like. Keep in mind that if you are uploading solely for the use of profiles, your album should be marked "Profile Use" (there's an option for it when you create an album). Reason why it doesn't take external URLs is because it only accepts picture URLs from that PC Profile Album.

Once you finished uploading your picture, go to User Control Panel > Change Profile Colors/Customise Profile and click on the picture icon (
insertimage.gif
), you should be able to see the picture you want to use. Click it, and the URL will fill in itself.

Hope this helps, my good friend! I hope I didn't confuse you. haha.

Years
Is there a glitch with the Who's Online list? Because it doesn't show a single person i've added to my contacts, even though I know they're online. I tried logging out and then back in, and it briefly showed them at the bottom of the list but then when I changed the template back to my main one they were gone. Is something up with that?

Years
I would imagine not. I don't think it would be coincidence if every single person in my contacts had their status set to invisible. I even went into the Who's Online list (which shows you what they're doing) and it shows them listed clearly.

Years
The same issue is happening to me and others as well; I wasn't sure if it was limited to staff member usergroups but apparently it isn't. I can't see anyone who I've added to my contacts on the online list.

PMed Ausaudriel about it an hour or so ago, though, so hopefully it'll be resolved soon! :)

Years
Is there a link I could get that shows what type of image files are supported here? Dropbox images aren't working for me.
I left a message in the css help thread with a similiar but different specific question. I'm trying to be proactive while awaiting an answer to my other question though.

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I'm just wondering for future reference how can I alter the size of an image in a post? I've had this problem, with images taken from my phone, where I can't make the images smaller because they're massive. (Specifically, the following: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8048995&postcount=18) dragging the corner of the image inwards and saving changes doesn't help at all as the picture reverts to the size it was beforehand. If anyone can offer advice I'd very much appreciate it, thanks
:)

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Jw if I put words in moderators mouths will I be punished? Cause they don't get punished when they do it to me...but my question is,what's the criteria for becoming a mod? Or is it just a group of friends who vote eachother?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Jw if I put words in moderators mouths will I be punished? Cause they don't get punished when they do it to me...

If you've a problem with a mod, you can contact a higher staff member (super mod or admin) about it. If you think you've been treated unfairly then that's something we can talk about.

but my question is,what's the criteria for becoming a mod?

There's no real set way to become a mod since people get picked for a lot of different reasons and there's no criteria in terms of like, "you must have x posts, be x months old, etc.". While it sounds obvious, just... being a good member, really. Good activity, a positive community presence, maybe some reports here and there, a generally calm and thoughtful attitude, all those nice things will help you get consideration.

Or is it just a group of friends who vote eachother?

Nah, haha. I've voted for loads of people I'd never even spoken to more than a couple of times in passing beforehand.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
How do I contact admin cause the super mod I spoke with did nothing for me and ignored my feedback than threatened to ban me if I kept giving feedback...

Also what does it take for someone to lose their mod status?

How often do you guys get new mods? When's the next time you are adding new mods? How do I throw my name in the hat for that? And based on the behavior I've experienced from multiple mods it don't think I'd receive a favorable vote even tho I embody all the attributes you've listed. So are mods the only ppl who can vote for new mods?

Years
How do I contact admin cause the super mod I spoke with did nothing for me and ignored my feedback than threatened to ban me if I kept giving feedback...
Anyone in red is an admin.

Also what does it take for someone to lose their mod status?
What are our current staff doing wrong? If you have a problem with someone on staff, then take it up with h-staff.

How often do you guys get new mods? When's the next time you are adding new mods? How do I throw my name in the hat for that? And based on the behavior I've experienced from multiple mods it don't think I'd receive a favorable vote even tho I embody all the attributes you've listed. So are mods the only ppl who can vote for new mods?
Mods are selected by h-staff wherever and whenever they are needed. There is no set process on how a moderator is selected and it comes at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back