• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • How do I contact admin cause the super mod I spoke with did nothing for me and ignored my feedback than threatened to ban me if I kept giving feedback...

If you feel you need to contact an admin, all of the staff can be found listed here. Look for usernames in this format.

Also what does it take for someone to lose their mod status?

People can lose mod status for a number of reasons. I'd rather not discuss our firing procedures in detail outside of the staff forum, though. Sorry about that.

How often do you guys get new mods? When's the next time you are adding new mods?

We promote on an ad hoc basis - if a section needs a new mod, we'll look into giving it one. We don't have specific times or time intervals when we discuss new mods.

How do I throw my name in the hat for that?

You don't other than by following the guidelines I posted earlier. We decide on who we'd like to mod a section and then we ask them; it isn't a position people ask or apply for.

And based on the behavior I've experienced from multiple mods it don't think I'd receive a favorable vote even tho I embody all the attributes you've listed. So are mods the only ppl who can vote for new mods?

Regular moderators don't vote on new mods. Picking candidates and voting on them is handled by the super mods and admins.

Last edited:

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Thank you for clearing that up for me razor leaf, I do hope I can be a mod someday. Not to start trouble or drama but I do feel certain mods abuse their power and get away with things non mods would receive infractions for a and I really can't stand it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    Hi guys! I'm new to Pokemon Hacking! To introduce myself, my name is Jordan and my hobbies are making animations, creating levels/games, and I guess... hack. xD

Anyway, I have a problem, I'm making my Pokemon Fire Red hack and I've edited Palette Town, now for some reason when I go to the Palette Town, it crashes... I've changed the tiles and the dimension, nothing else.
    This may not be solvable, but atleast, how do I open up my backups?
    Thanks!! =D

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Spoiler:

something done happen that shouldn't happen

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • What would you suggest is a good size? 1000x1500?

You can always fill in the rest with another color. It'll probably be covered up by other elements on your profile (VMs, the sidebar, etc.) so nothing but the cool profile picture I assume you'll have will be seen. :3

Years
  • Another question that may or may not have been asked already: why don't I get to see my Sent PMs in the Outbox after i've sent them? Is there a setting I can make to keep it so that it does? I wanted to ask just so I can keep a record of what I send, just because.

Years
  • Another question that may or may not have been asked already: why don't I get to see my Sent PMs in the Outbox after i've sent them? Is there a setting I can make to keep it so that it does? I wanted to ask just so I can keep a record of what I send, just because.
    Go to your user CP, and then under Options, there's a section for Private Messaging. At the bottom, there should be a checkmark that allows for saving sent PMs by default. Check that and you should be all good to go. :)

Outlier

I'm not sure who to ask. Dakota wasn't at liberty to tell me so hopefully someone else can.

Was he permabanned or suspended? I'm not going to dispute the decision either way I just wanna know.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Are you asking about someone's ban? Unfortunately you can't inquire about it yourself. All bans are between the banned person and the staff member in question. :/

Outlier

Are you asking about someone's ban? Unfortunately you can't inquire about it yourself. All bans are between the banned person and the staff member in question. :/

I thought you weren't allowed to mini-mod either? He was my friend. I just wanna know if I'm going to see him again. It's not my intention to cause trouble.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I'm not sure who to ask. Dakota wasn't at liberty to tell me so hopefully someone else can.

Was he permabanned or suspended? I'm not going to dispute the decision either way I just wanna know.
    A ban is at the discretion of the staff, and the person that was banned. If he wishes to tell you, or anyone, about the length of his ban then that's his business. So I'm afraid staff won't reveal the details, and the member in question has the opportunity to offer feedback if they so wish to.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but user discretion is important here on PC.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I am trying to put a youtube video on my profile like I used to have but I just can't seem to get the format correct and it won't show on my profile. This is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ohYypMEYBM

What exactly would I type for that video as the format for it to show correctly?
    In the field you have been entering this in, try just "6ohYypMEYBM", without the quotations. That should do the trick.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2023
    Can someone point me to a tutorial that shows how to get AdvanceText to actually show some text? Or barring that, show me where to post said question? I've scanned through the tutorials I could find, but none have answered my question.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Can someone point me to a tutorial that shows how to get AdvanceText to actually show some text? Or barring that, show me where to post said question? I've scanned through the tutorials I could find, but none have answered my question.

Try asking this question over the Simple Questions thread of the Emulation forum. You'll have more luck over there imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back