• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile GO Chat

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Yes! I feel bad asking but what's your game name? I have so many people on my list that I lose track of who is who. D: Need to start using the nickname feature lol.

My IGN is JohnnyVan18 :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    So Ninantic announces the Pokémon for September Community Day and to my surprise, it is not a psychic type at all

Years
  • So Ninantic announces the Pokémon for September Community Day and to my surprise, it is not a psychic type at all

I already have 3 of them so it's a bit underwhelming for me lol, husband has 2 so he only needs one more. But we'll also be coming home from a trip that day so I guess it's not a bad option since it means we don't have to stress too much.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Not community day related but is anyone in here from Southern Hemisphere with the Celesteela raid? If so, can we add each other please?

Edit: got it along with a random Kyurem raid :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not community day related but is anyone in here from Southern Hemisphere with the Celesteela raid? If so, can we add each other please?

Edit: got it along with a random Kyurem raid :)

Glad you got it! I must have missed this, am southern hemisphere. I've been trying to invite people when doing them and can't remember if I invited you at some point aha.

How did everyone go with Roggenrola comm day? I already had 3 so I wasn't too fussed (we were also busy traveling), managed to get 4 more on the day so 7 total I believe. Not so bad.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Glad you got it! I must have missed this, am southern hemisphere. I've been trying to invite people when doing them and can't remember if I invited you at some point aha.

How did everyone go with Roggenrola comm day? I already had 3 so I wasn't too fussed (we were also busy traveling), managed to get 4 more on the day so 7 total I believe. Not so bad.

No worry but if it's shiny version ever gets released, I may actually need your help a lot :).

I got 10 across two accounts, part of it is I want to be able to trade with myself when both accounts become best friend to each other :)

Years
  • Not a bad idea! If I get a new phone I may continue using this one for alt account GO playing, just not too actively.. I don't want to get too into it and end up being one of those people who carry multiple phones wherever they go, seems like it would be tiring lol.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyone out there catching Litwick?

I got 3 shinies whilst "helping" with food shopping! Plus a couple 3-star so I now have two kickass Chandelure - once with Poltergeist 140 power charged attack and one with Inferno a 29 power fast attack!

EDIT: Also got a shiny Shedinja in the am with the Festival of Lights research!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Awesome, congrats!!

We went out for comm day and had a good haul. I got 17 shinies and one 100% regular from a trade, and then another 100% regular lucky also from trading - my first 100% lucky!! Husband got 16 and also got a hundo from a quest. \o/

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Awesome, congrats!!

We went out for comm day and had a good haul. I got 17 shinies and one 100% regular from a trade, and then another 100% regular lucky also from trading - my first 100% lucky!! Husband got 16 and also got a hundo from a quest. \o/

I'm guessing you played a bit longer than me haha I probably only gave it 40 mins.

"Hundo" means Perfect, right? Got one of those two days before weirdly (not shiny)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I played during the three hours and caught 200 Litwick (one of my requirements at Level 40 is to catch 200 Pokemon in a single day so I chose community day). I found ten shiny Litwick with two of them being near hundo/perfect. I also caught a shiny Alolan Raichu in a raid battle. This was one of my better community days. The weather was amazing too.

Years
  • November's Community Day is Teddiursa! Looking forward to it, only have one shiny from Johto Fest and no more.

Spoiler:

Look pretty decent too! Though I wish Ursaring's shiny had the same shade of green as Teddi lol.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm half-quitting Go, but I think I'll keep doing Community Day because of the shinies. I already have 3 Teddiursa in PLA (going to get the entire family) but I'll definitely take the chance to get more. Disappointed that Ursaluna doesn't keep the green colouring at all.

This weekend I found two pink Dratini, which was slightly disappointing but ok as I already have a shiny Dragonite! (Ugly shiny though)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A very successful bear hunt with 5!!! shiny Teddiursa in an intermittent 90 minutes. I transfer all my shinies to HOME, so I have a 52 CP shiny Ursaluna which I hope makes it level one haha but I also got a great 2000+ CP standard one with High Horsepower for my Go team.

It helps, of course, that global warming was a perfect term before being phased in out favour of climate change at the behest of the polluters - it was over 15 degrees today, in northern England, in November!

Years
  • Am really pleased with my haul. Got a ton of shiny bears today during my hour and a half of play time. I will say though, being in an extremely metropolitan area helps with the insane number of spawns often leading to so many little bears spawned it becomes a mess of one sprite on top of another.

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I got a shiny Ursaring and shiny Ursaluna out of it, which I'm pretty pleased with! I skipped PLA, so I'll be happy to have Ursaluna live in my Home boxes eventually.

I think this was the first time I ever made an actual little adventure out of Community Day? Usually I just walk around my neighborhood, go to the Pokestops in walking distance, and call it there. I don't go too crazy on it. But the weather was uncharacteristically nice for November so I went to the beach and it was surprisingly very bustling! I guess everyone else had the same idea as me (minus capitalizing on community day :P) I had a really good time with it and I got some dope mozzarella sticks at the board walk. Awesome stuff.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    an extremely metropolitan area helps with the insane number of spawns.

There we have it folks, the true broken promise of Pokémon Go.

So many of us assumed you could catch them on top of mountains etc. and whilst I know that armies of unprepared idiots with smartphones attempting to summit Mont Blanc would be both an actual and a PR catastrophe, the lack of rural interaction with the game is abysmal.

In case you can't tell, I'm very jealous! I went to my local town of ~20k people and despite being in the centre there were many times where - despite being in a supermarket with a Pokéstop on each corner - I wouldn't see anything but a lonely Bidoof for 5 minutes or more.

They do seem to have upped the amount of Pokémon spawning outside cities though - usually get 4-7 whenever I open my app. But of course there's then no way to get more items!

Years
  • In case you can't tell, I'm very jealous! I went to my local town of ~20k people and despite being in the centre there were many times where - despite being in a supermarket with a Pokéstop on each corner - I wouldn't see anything but a lonely Bidoof for 5 minutes or more.

I can imagine. When the game first came out, my friends and I would make a thing of it and take the subway into the city. Tons of stops and immense pokemon diversity. Nowadays I don't really have that kind of free time anymore (and neither do they) so I've gotta settle for my less than urban neighborhood which has got exactly one road with stops and gyms and nothing else LOL. Still, living in the shadow of one of the world's biggest cities gives me ample pokemon that pop up on my screen whenever I log in.

I will say I'm lucky enough to have a campus where there's an absolute ton of stops and gyms so I can sit in the building and get items, take a quick walk around after lectures are done, and still be satisfied.

Not sure how the process to make something into a stop goes but some of the things here are literally such a stretch. Maybe you can apply to get some more near your house? A lot of the stuff in more rural areas is criminally underrated.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can imagine. When the game first came out, my friends and I would make a thing of it and take the subway into the city. Tons of stops and immense pokemon diversity. Nowadays I don't really have that kind of free time anymore (and neither do they) so I've gotta settle for my less than urban neighborhood which has got exactly one road with stops and gyms and nothing else LOL. Still, living in the shadow of one of the world's biggest cities gives me ample pokemon that pop up on my screen whenever I log in.

I will say I'm lucky enough to have a campus where there's an absolute ton of stops and gyms so I can sit in the building and get items, take a quick walk around after lectures are done, and still be satisfied.

Not sure how the process to make something into a stop goes but some of the things here are literally such a stretch. Maybe you can apply to get some more near your house? A lot of the stuff in more rural areas is criminally underrated.

Ah that must have been cool. I was in the U.S. for the launch, but as Apple are so restrictive I couldn't download it with my UK Apple ID, despite being in the states for a year. Definitely saw a lot of people playing it though!

Yeah when I was a student it was pretty decent, I'd basically get into it for about 4 months then get bored. But my flat in my final year was just out of range of one unless my phone's GPS got confused. Post-covid it would probably be in-range haha

I got lucky, I've just been moved to wfh - when I was in the office I could walk a kilometre to a place that had 3 stops, play for half an hour, then walk back - at a point where I have no healing items (far from ideal with the Rocket takeover), but about 300 balls so by being judicious I can store them up. Obviously if I decide to hunt for another shiny Meltan, I'll have to spend some time in town. I've started "helping" with the family shop on Community Day so I can actually get some shinies - as I posted previously, this most recent one went very well!

Back