• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile GO Chat

Years
sad to see so little GO representation on here! played today and got a lot of shiny axews, though none good enough to use ;w; i did get some near perfect non-shiny guys though, so that'll do. plenty of shinies to send to home and use as starters in future playthroughs! also got a random shiny spheal like an hour ago lol

I ended up with 14 shiny Axew I think, and 4 luckies through trades too I believe? Decent haul for me \o/

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
I ended up with 14 shiny Axew I think, and 4 luckies through trades too I believe? Decent haul for me \o/

got a total of 10, sent one to home already, evolved 3 in GO just bc why not, some are OKAY to use just for the flex of the shiny :p and then a bunch more just clogging my storage space till i can offload them to home. no luckies unfortunately cause i don't have any irls that play GO anymore ;w;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My shinies for Beach week are

Corphish, Clauncher(both caught during spotlight hour), Trubbish, Spheal, Tentacool, Bidoof, 2 Finneon, I hatched a shiny 98% Galarian Meowth(only 7km I've hatched containing the regular pool in months), and my second shiny Magby(i hatched my first back in 2018.)

My main goals for this event was 2 Finneon, 2 Clauncher, 1 Corphish and 2 Binacle so really happy with the pulls so far.

Oh and I caught my shiny Jirachi. I needed 9 best buddies from scratch so it took awhile. It's 3* which was my main goal if not shundo as it fills the slot in on the 3* shiny dex.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024

Corphish, Clauncher(both caught during spotlight hour), Trubbish, Spheal, Tentacool, Bidoof, 2 Finneon, I hatched a shiny 98% Galarian Meowth(only 7km I've hatched containing the regular pool in months), and my second shiny Magby(i hatched my first back in 2018.)

My main goals for this event was 2 Finneon, 2 Clauncher, 1 Corphish and 2 Binacle so really happy with the pulls so far.

Oh and I caught my shiny Jirachi. I needed 9 best buddies from scratch so it took awhile. It's 3* which was my main goal if not shundo as it fills the slot in on the 3* shiny dex.

congrats on all the shinies and very jealous of the 3* jirachi! i got a good amount of random encounter shinies this week but most of em are being shipped off to home even if they can't go into s/v because they've been so ass in stats u__u

Years
got a total of 10, sent one to home already, evolved 3 in GO just bc why not, some are OKAY to use just for the flex of the shiny :p and then a bunch more just clogging my storage space till i can offload them to home. no luckies unfortunately cause i don't have any irls that play GO anymore ;w;

Yeah most of my irl friends who played GO don't seem to anymore either. ;_;

Good grief congrats lol. That's insane.

I've had some good luck recently too! Shiny Clauncher, Skorupi, Wingull (my third), Kabuto (last one I needed!), and Wailmer (like my 5th or 6th lol) which is nice. Also picked up a 100% Lotad, Wailmer, Shroomish, and Binacle. :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Yeah most of my irl friends who played GO don't seem to anymore either. ;_;

yep which means a ripple in time & jump-start research (both requiring trades to progess) have now been relegated to the same category as season of legends for me: unfinishable!

thanks for locking INTROVERTS out of POKEMON content niantic, really makes a great deal of sense

Years
yep which means a ripple in time & jump-start research (both requiring trades to progess) have now been relegated to the same category as season of legends for me: unfinishable!

thanks for locking INTROVERTS out of POKEMON content niantic, really makes a great deal of sense

Yeah I really dislike requiring in-person things for anything. I'm lucky my husband plays too and we can trade, otherwise there is 0 chance I'd ever get those done lol

Do you plan on picking day or night for the Solstice event? ^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024

Gotta get an alt…of course that requires a second compatible device, I'm worried mine won't be supported much longer as it doesn't get iOS updates. Stupidly paid for Jirachi research twice, I didn't realise what an incredible time suck it is. Only really log on to the alt now to quickly change over the gyms in my local village, and to transfer all the legends and shinies to Go (got a 4IV Delphox in the last CD that I played, maxxed it, then decided actually I may never commit long enough to get Jirachi so best start transferring now given how expensive transporter energy is!)

Yeah I really dislike requiring in-person things for anything. I'm lucky my husband plays too and we can trade, otherwise there is 0 chance I'd ever get those done lol

I went for Night…which is probably a mistake given apparently the spawns occur 2hrs after local sunset time, its the middle of summer, and I finally got a decent sleeping pattern.

One of the main things I'm enjoying about Go now is going on holiday, stacking up a bunch of postcards to self-pin for Vivillon (Marine because all the nice European destinations are Marine), and catching enough 'mons to get at least one 3-star from each place I've visited. I skipped Axew CD because that was right in the middle of the afternoon when I wanted to do tourist stuff (and also when any non-tourist would not go out in the heat - making it an actual day would be far more human-friendly) but got a few nice Water-types. Got Sandygast as my buddy now to grind up candy to evo it for 'dex completion - I only got 2, transferred the first to HOME, evolved it in SV then put it back for 'dex completion there.

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024

i picked day, since i ain't gonna be walking around at night so the encounters are just guaranteed to be much more awkward for me to come by, or at least it would if it actually mattered that much. odd, because i am a night person so based purely on instinct i would have gone for night, but given that i've been working GO walks into my regular schedule, about 10 - 15 km average a day where possible day just made much more sense.

Gotta get an alt…of course that requires a second compatible device, I'm worried mine won't be supported much longer as it doesn't get iOS updates.

i did have an alt a while back, i think probably for this reason but i kinda forgot about it and these days dont have access to another device at least atm, so this will probably be the strat i eventually go for but its still some time away im sure lol

One of the main things I'm enjoying about Go now is going on holiday, stacking up a bunch of postcards to self-pin for Vivillon (Marine because all the nice European destinations are Marine), and catching enough 'mons to get at least one 3-star from each place I've visited.

honestly this would be great, if i eventually get to do my US trip to visit ppl next year then that'll be a lot of fun for GO - i still haven't looked into exactly how the vivillon stuff works though honestly

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
honestly this would be great, if i eventually get to do my US trip to visit ppl next year then that'll be a lot of fun for GO - i still haven't looked into exactly how the vivillon stuff works though honestly

Well if you decide to start collecting in the next couple of days, let me know. I can sort you out with 2 patterns as I still have holiday ones left over (I've completely broken the daily habit, getting back into PLA which I find much more fun for mindless catching. Of course, being trapped inside by allergies doesn't help)

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
i have been pinning basically just every postcard received lol

also i finished the GO rocket takeover research already today, got that shadow regirock. still got 3 more eggs to go for the cosmog in the solstice one tho

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
I just encountered a Galarian moltress that was attracted to my daily incense. Too bad I couldn't catch it

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
I just encountered a Galarian moltress that was attracted to my daily incense. Too bad I couldn't catch it

have had moltres once and articuno another time. yet to catch either of them, even when i used a golden razz and an excellent throw ultra ball on articuno :/ pure rng unfortunately.

on another note, did anyone get a shiny fomantis? in almost 200 encounters i didn't get one all event, alas the dream is dead ;w;

i did try campfire for a raid today, and as someone who has no in person GO friends and is way too awkward to even think about trying to make friends for this purpose, it let me do a 5* raid for the first time since i actually had a group of friends that played. so that's pretty great! you have to awkwardly hang around for a bit till people join but otherwise it was very effective. glad this is in the game, it's going to help me get a lot of stuff i couldn't till now!

EDIT: well, that'll teach me to be positive about a feature in this godforsaken game - campfire is now completely dead literally 24 hours after implementation. yesterday i managed to start a full party 5* raid in about 2 minutes, today - during raid hour, no less - i just stood around for about 25 minutes waiting for even ONE person to join the queue for a nihilego raid. how is it already so useless?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
DIdn't know where else to put this info, but its pretty neat:
"Prior to Pokémon HOME v3.0.0, when a Pokémon was brought into Pokémon Legends: Arceus for the first time, its Scale value was copied from its height, so would be set to 0. These Pokémon were permanently assigned this value as their scale value, so will automatically be eligible for a Mini Mark if they were sent to Pokémon Legends: Arceus before HOME v3.0.0."
My lv. 1 shiny Ursaluna has a Mini Mark now its in SV, I think I've still got a few Go 'mons in there that can get it too hehe

Years
I did Squirtle day since I never did the original and ended up with 24 shinies. Two hundos too, so a pretty good haul. ❤️

Years
I got my Global GO Fest ticket! With a sushi buffet reward at the end. Anyone else planning on going out for the event?

Years
Awesome haul for me. 30 shinies yesterday, 32 I think today, and 9 total hundos. Highlight is a shiny female Heracross. :3

Back