• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile GO Chat

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
5 shiny Chespin this time! All with abysmal IVs of course, but one turned out over 2000CP when evolved into Chesnaught, so I'll keep it around to show off when defending gyms!

I'll put all the rest into HOME (2 as Quilladin), but it sucks that there's still no game I could actually use them in (not that I do, all my shinies are just neatly categorised and forgotten).

Years
Ended up with 7! We were busier this day and couldn't go around as often as normal. Plenty for me though, not having 15+ this time means more box space lol.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I ended up with 3 shiny Noibat after Community Day, but I am more excited about a shiny Registeel I found on my first raid battle today. Yay!

Years
18 shiny Noibat for me, and 2 hundos. Hilariously enough the hundos both spawned within a few feet of each other around the same time, about 5-10 minutes before comm day ended. :3c

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Oh wow, I haven't had a single hundo from a Community Day.

Noibat was the first time I didn't go into town - instead I turned SFX on and used an Incense whilst doing other tasks. So a spawn rate lower than the mystery box (something like 1 every 3-5 minutes) was always going against me. So 3 shiny Noibat across two accounts is pretty good! Especially pleasing when with 10 minutes to go I hadn't got any! Spawns appear to be the same across both accounts 90% of the time (well, everything differs but the same species is in the same place) and I actually got 2 shinies out of the same spawn! Candy is so high though, that I could only evolve one of them alongside an actually decent IV Noivern. Wish I'd had enough storage space to save them for the current event! Still, 50 Stardust per trade between two accounts for 3 candies (2 for trade, 1 for release) is decent.

Played for an hour during the Luvdisc event, and I also got 3 shiny Luvdisc! As they're through research, they all have good IVs. CP can't go above 1000 but I'll keep one around to look at, and the others will get sent to Shining Pearl and Violet.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Not exactly CD but I've encountered 2 wild Latinas today, and the second was shiny!!! I used 25 Golden Razz, 20 Silver Pinap, 15 Razz, 15 Ultra, 88 Great, and over 100 Poké Balls without going in. Honestly would have preferred if it fled - I was a passenger in a car so once I left to open gifts the encounter was gone.

I also planned out a perfect Remote Raid Pass budget (without spending real money) to get all the remaining Hoenn legends: Mega Latias / Rayquaza outside the weekend (caught that shiny Latias!), Kyogre, Groudon and each Deoxys form at the weekend, then Rayquaza on the 28th. I got Kyogre, Groudon, and 2 Deoxys last night, so of course now there's a research quest telling me to get Groudon!

I'm shadowbanned on Reddit (thinking for copy-pasting my friend code post almost exactly 24hrs apart) so have to rely on invites, can never get more than 3 in a room so no chance on that one :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
An update on the above…failed my Deoxys-Defence capture. Only got 10 balls because it took so long to wear down.

I went into the village to host, and actually found the only 1 of the 3 gyms had the correct Deoxys! So of course I had a bunch of flakers and glitches. Still, I persevered through cold hands (its like 5 degrees outside rn with a bit of wind), managed to get a Groudon and a Kyogre raid going for that quest (if I'd known it sucked, I wouldn't have bothered, and maybe tried again later for Deoxys). Captured the Groudon, Kyogre broke out of 15 balls (10 excellent, 3 great, 2 slapped away and I don't have a good enough buddy).

Today, on my alt, whilst I wait for a shot at Rayquaza tomorrow with my main once I get more coins from gyms, I did a Rayquaza raid. Weather Boost, only 2-star, but went in on the first throw and more importantly SHINY!!!!!. I'm so happy I've got shinies of my two favourite Hoenn dragons out of this!

Years
Congrats!! I have gone ahead and renamed this thread to be a general GO chat thread.

Been having some nice luck lately. Shiny Tropius, Vulpix, 2 Hitmontop, Houndour, Wingull, and Mawile in the last 10 days. \o/

TwilightBlade

Years
I obtained my first shiny Pokemon from an Egg in Go today. Don't know how I went that long without one. It was a shiny Torkoal. Pretty cool since it is typically a region-locked Pokemon.

Years
Going to a popular park here in Tokyo for comm day tomorrow.. and it just so happens to be top of 10c with rain predicted mostly all day. :'( whyyy

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Going to a popular park here in Tokyo for comm day tomorrow.. and it just so happens to be top of 10c with rain predicted mostly all day. :'( whyyy

Ah that's both really cool and sucks haha

I'm in the UK, its similar but that's an improvement - after a mild winter the past month has been freezing nearly every day, could barely feel my fingers after the Hoenn event when I cycled a few miles to a village to do some raids! If its nice enough I might cycle into my village after the fact to farm some coins, but I think for CD it'll be home + incense

I've also got a full set of Vivillon lined up for the double candy…well I'm not going to get the necessary 8 Sun candies, but everything else I have!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Pretty great Community Day all in all!

Got off to a great start as I was making space in my boxes for the incoming Scatterbug and Slowpoke haul and noticed that my Scizor had returned! Owned since 2017, but held hostage at a rural church for over 300 days at some point this week it was finally released from its prison!

I pinned every gift I had, whether I could open it or not, and managed to capture 19 Scatterbug at double candy! Still not enough for the complete set, I'm going to wait out to see if my 3rd Sandstorm bug a) happens, and b) is 3-star, as the other two suck.

I had the absurd experience when trying to capture Slowpoke of being in a shopping area at the center of town, surrounded by 4 stops and a gym ALL of which had my lure modules on, and running an incense, yet having no spawns for over 5 minutes. Despite that, I went on a hot streak in the last 10 mins, catching 5 of my total haul of 6 shinies - 3 Kanto, and 3 Galar so with evolution I have the complete set!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Theres many words I could use to describe Niantic or should I say Titantic?

Tonedeaf
Ableist
Greedy
Aloof
Inept
Don't give a crap about rural players
Don't give a crap about anyone really, they mess up remote raids and in person raids alike.

Years
I'm really exhausted with them, sometimes it's hard to log in haha. I just do not understand how they can make mistakes almost every event, contradict themselves in their own journals/event notes, and take away things people very clearly want kept.

Years
Anyone did the Stunfisk research day? I already had one shiny Galarian Stunfisk but from this event got 2 shiny normal ones and 4 shiny Galarian! So have a lot now.

TwilightBlade

Years
I didn't participate in the Stunfisk research day. If I knew the shiny odds were that favorable, I might have made an attempt. I don't care much for Stunfisk, though.

I'm not excited for Swinub Community Classic Day. Hopefully May is a good pick.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
That was a paid one, right?

I already regret paying for Jirachi, I probably would have quit otherwise. But if I tried to get a refund they'd probably figure out I have an alt, and just kick me and keep my money and my Pokémon. 385 Excellent throws is going to be horrific for me, although if I had that task unlocked right now I'd do alright as its almost harder not to make one on Wailmer. 860 Excellent throws though…ooft.

I am enjoying all the tankers meaning I get wins in GBL just for showing up when I get my 3 battle hearts per day with my buddies though!

Ambivalent on Swinub CD. I don't have any shinies, but I also don't particularly care for the line and its an annoying one to catch on Go.

Last weekend I had an issue with Adventure Sync taking so long to register that the 1/4 distance bonus expired. Support are just being condescending assholes, saying "oh well you were cycling, it only registers walking". A) My iPhone records it as Walking / Running Distance and B) I was cycling to where I can actually play? How hard would it be to just offer me a Super Incubator?

Got 4-5 shinies out of it though, and enough Candy XL to max out my Perfect Togekiss! (Had to use an Elite TM for Aura Sphere though, I've owned it for months). More excited about the candy tbh, nothing can beat when I was grinding in PLA against Petilil and kept hearing the shiny noise, only to finally look up and see a shiny Togetic above me!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Swinub day was pretty great! 8 shinies, a hundo (trade, but not lucky) that gave me a 2200+ CP Mamoswine, and enough Candy to get about 2 points away from maxxing it out! (well, before I used a bunch to get myself a nice set of low level shiny Mamoswines and Piloswines to transfer to HOME)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
8 shiny Fennekin, including one that has 44 IV!…on my alt, frustratingly. Guess I know what's coming to the main when I have a Lucky Trade guaranteed. I got enough candy to max it at 3168 CP, but I think it could get a bit higher if I trade it as main is 6 trainer levels higher

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
sad to see so little GO representation on here! played today and got a lot of shiny axews, though none good enough to use ;w; i did get some near perfect non-shiny guys though, so that'll do. plenty of shinies to send to home and use as starters in future playthroughs! also got a random shiny spheal like an hour ago lol

Back