• 864 replies

Sheep

She/Her
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
38,712 posts
16.3 Years
Bleach is waaay too long for me sadly. The longest anime I watched in recent times was Hunter x Hunter 2011 which was around 3 years ago I think? And 130ish eps? Which is already far longer than anything I would have considered watching, but I really got addicted to it lol. Not found a long anime I feel the same way about since.

Doctor

they/them
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
37,226 posts
15.2 Years
I haven't watch an anime in months and months now - I'm watching other kinds of shows instead when my brain needs to Not Do Work for a while.

I would like to get back into the Pokémon Adventures manga however. Stopped somewhere back in the Black & White arc so I'm wayyyyy behind.

gimmepie

Age 27
Male
Australia
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
24,825 posts
10.8 Years
Off to I&T with you thread!

Did anyone get any fun/interesting new tech stuff for Christmas?
RPWLA&MVGGaming Journal

Doctor

they/them
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
37,226 posts
15.2 Years
nope! just a big load of fun socks and a new thermos cup.

i consiiiidered getting myself some kind of drawing tablet...
paired with Ivysaur

Tsutarja

Age 28
he / him
Florida
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
27,264 posts
12.9 Years
surprisingly this was the first year i did not get any new tech!

but that's mainly because i've been buying my stuff throughout the year instead for myself

Doctor

they/them
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
37,226 posts
15.2 Years
my spouse managed to snatch a new graphics card on release yesterday. they sold out in an instant so good for him i suppose.

my pc is from early 2019 and still seems able to run any game i throw at it so i sit comfortably for now.
paired with Ivysaur

Incineroar

Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
389 posts
13.7 Years
I've been keeping my spending pretty tied up, although for Black Friday I did get a new monitor for myself. That, and just before Christmas I did get a copy of Pokemon Violet, but otherwise haven't really done too much.
My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Signature Image | Pushing Buttons

Mintaka☆

A Star is Born

Age 27
Any pronouns
Argentina
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,003 posts
1.1 Years
Well, looks like my impromptu New Year's resolution of abandoning Twitter even for searching fanart and funny videos will be easier to stick to now. They removed the ability to view Tweets in chronological order altogether - and while some new tweets may pop up, it's mostly the algorithm that brings them to you.

If the layoffs didn't bring that hellsite under, I bet this will. Facebook and Instagram barely hung on when/ever since that same function was removed from their sites.

Incineroar

Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
389 posts
13.7 Years
Well, looks like my impromptu New Year's resolution of abandoning Twitter even for searching fanart and funny videos will be easier to stick to now. They removed the ability to view Tweets in chronological order altogether - and while some new tweets may pop up, it's mostly the algorithm that brings them to you.

If the layoffs didn't bring that hellsite under, I bet this will. Facebook and Instagram barely hung on when/ever since that same function was removed from their sites.
From what I can tell there's two timelines you can switch between (chrono and algorithm), but this option isn't exactly nice, it was there before anyways, but is just surfaced a bit more prominently now. It's not the best solution when what was there already worked, although one pro to this is that it's EXTREMELY obvious when you're looking at one over the other, whereas before Twitter could just randomly switch you back to the algorithm generated timeline whenever it felt like it and you had to pay attention to an icon in the top corner of the page that was really easy to miss. There were extensions for browsers to force a timeline that did help, but this isn't too bad a compromise.
My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Signature Image | Pushing Buttons

Tsutarja

Age 28
he / him
Florida
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
27,264 posts
12.9 Years
I need a new phone. It's running out of storage to the point I deleted Pokemon Go (it never worked properly on my phone anyway).
how much storage capacity does it have?

i'd argue nowadays that 64GB is too little. 256 and 512 should be the upper, with 128 standard

ZeoStar

Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,250 posts
5.3 Years
System Files always seem to take up around 15 GB immediately.

Tsutarja

Age 28
he / him
Florida
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
27,264 posts
12.9 Years
just wondering but does anybody use a laptop desk with their laptop?

that is if you aren't using it in a spot near a table or in a living room

Doctor

they/them
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
37,226 posts
15.2 Years
just wondering but does anybody use a laptop desk with their laptop?

that is if you aren't using it in a spot near a table or in a living room
what is a 'laptop desk'? different from normal desks?
paired with Ivysaur

Tsutarja

Age 28
he / him
Florida
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
27,264 posts
12.9 Years
what is a 'laptop desk'? different from normal desks?
yea definitely different. it's something you use while sitting down and it sits atop your lap.

here's an example: