• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Current Team

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 6, 2021
So, what is everyone's current team comprised of? I am sure this kind of thread has been done before, but I have yet to see it. I very much enjoy team construction and seeing other peoples' rationale for their team, because there are so many different ways to do it! You can go for competitive prowess, the team that will help you beat your given game fastest, or even just comprise your team of all your favorite pokemon. To be clear, I am asking what is your team right now in the game you are playing at the moment, doesn't have to be specific to one game, one generation, etc. Include as much or as little detail as you'd like. :)

So I'll start, current team in pokemon white is:
1. Samurott
2. Beartic
3. Galvantula
4. Golurk
5. Bisharp
6. Beheeyem.

For this team I went with Unova favorites but also am looking for balance and coverage. Just added info, I also had a Lilligant that got switched out for Beheeyem and Boldore whose place was taken by Golurk.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
My current Platinum team is Prinplup, Roselia, Luxio and Bunneary

Years
Currently platinum team:

1. Empoleon (Serenity)
2. Pachirisu (Poppy)
3. Lopunny (Chanel)
4. Leafeon (Zinnia)
5. Mismagius (Vera)
6. Togekiss (Angel)
7. Floatzel (Hudson)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 6, 2021
So why 7 members mysticalnintales? I am just curious because I've heard of other people doing that but have never done it myself. How does that work? Again, just curious.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
I mean...sometimes you just need that extra to switch in and out of from time to time-if we're gonna be extensive-my past 3 games I've used EVERY Dragon type, switching in and out for whatever's needed.

Sun I had in the end though-

Dragonite
Tyrantrum
Druddigon
Kommo-O
Kingdra
Alolan Exeggutor.

Years
So why 7 members mysticalnintales? I am just curious because I've heard of other people doing that but have never done it myself. How does that work? Again, just curious.

Simply because there's too many generation 4 pokemon that I wanted to use! I train all of my pokemon equally and I just switch one out in accordance to the gym I'm challenging.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Just completed the main story of Pokémon Sword a second time.

Here's my final team:

-Excadrill (Earthquake, Iron Head, Brick Break)
-Arcanine (Flare Blitz, Play Rough, Crunch, Extreme Speed)
-Donkey Kong the Rillaboom (Drum Beating, Drain Punch, Knock Off, False Swipe)
-DougDimadome the Galarian Weezing (Sludge Bomb, Strange Steam, Thunderbolt, Heat Wave)
-Tari the Vaporeon (Hydro Pump, Aurora Beam, Weather Ball, Haze)
-Honkler the Mr. Rime (Freeze-Dry, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Sucker Punch)

Note: Excadrill and Arcanine weren't nicknamed, as I received them from a Japanese player via Surprise Trade.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Going through Sword (though I haven't played in a few days) again, but my current party is:

Drizzile
Galarian Linoone
Drilbur
Gloom
Litwick

Just made it to Stow-on-Side. Haven't really decided who will take up the last spot.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 19, 2022
Currently playing through Fire Red & Emerald (mainly Emerald by now) so here are my 2 teams in these games:

Fire Red (finished the whole Sevii Islands thing and won the Pokémon League twice):
- Heracross lvl 54
- Tyranitar lvl 58
- Dragonite lvl 60
- Lapras lvl 60
- Rapidash lvl 60
- Venusaur lvl 62

Emerald (6 badges):
- Gardevoir lvl 32
- Manectric lvl 32
- Lairon lvl 32
- Camerupt lvl 33
- Swampert lvl 49
- Swellow lvl 25 (soon to be replaced by Bagon)

I'm not very knowledgeable about strategy and competitive battling (although I'd very much like to learn more), so I just try to keep a fairly balanced team in terms of types and with no legendaries (just so that it's a bit more fun and challenging, the battles are often way too easy with legendaries).

Last edited:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
I know this is most likely talking ingame teams, but regardless I'd like to share my favorite. The best team I ever had was my 4th gen wifi battle team:

Infernape
Snorlax
Salamence
Tangrowth
Swampert
Starmie

So many memories..

In Sw/Sh..my play through team when I beat the game was...

Rillaboom
Corviknight
Sirfetch'd
Toxtricity
Vaporeon
Kommo-o

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Just going back through my old games, transferring all my old team members and event Pokémon into my Diamond storage save. There's teams from 2011 in there, but these are the ones I most recently actually played

Emerald:
  • Blaziken (Amo) lv.67 - EV-trained
  • Salamence (Sala) lv.67 - EV-trained
  • Milotic (Karo) lv.67 - EV-trained
  • Shroomish (Kino) lv.47
  • Absol (Sol) lv.53
  • Pelipper (Nigel) lv.55
  • Gardevoir (Simi) lv.55
  • Wynaut (Sohnan) lv.41
  • Clamperl (Lulu) lv.50
Because I don't get to play the games as often now (this save is from summer 2017 when I played a lot), I'm likely to train more than 6 team members so I get to enjoy them more. I seem to have gone really all-out on this save as all of those Pokémon have great natures for their skillsets and very considered moves. I remember spending hours actually capturing a Feebas for the first time ever, then breeding about 30 of them until I got one with a good nature, then spending ages making enough Pokéblocks to max out its beauty stat. Most of the nicknames there are from the anglicised versions of the Japanese names from the species, with the exception of the Pelipper who is named after the Nigel Rush-voiced Pelican in Finding Nemo. I know for a fact that the reason I never evolved Shroomish or Clamperl was due to my plans to make them stronger once transferred into future generations - Shroomish to Gen IV (I can't remember why but there must have been a move it couldn't get in Gen III) and Clamperl to Gen V where it could learn Shell Smash and become a Gorebyss.
I went particularly all-in on my last two Emerald saves as I'd had to pay to get a new internal battery - in the previous save I'd EV-trained my Swampert, Metagross and Latios, the latter two obviously unavailable until after the Elite Four.

HeartGold:
  • Dragonite lv.80 (Extremespeed)
  • Arcanine lv.80
  • Slowking lv.80
  • Espeon lv.80
  • Kingdra lv.80
  • Ursaring lv.80 (I traded this one across as an egg and hatched it in Cherrygrove City)
  • Meganium lv.52
In this save I was at first a bit confused as to why I couldn't find my Meganium. Then I looked, he was in the Day Care. I'd dropped him once I got the Dragonite.

Platinum:
  • Torterra (Crash) lv. 75
  • Buizel (Buoy) lv. 74
  • Glaceon (Glacia) lv.72
  • Rotom (Motor) lv. 71
  • Flareon lv.75
  • Munchlax (Huell) lv.70
I kept Buizel and Munchlax un-evolved due to really liking their designs, and in the case of Munchlax having previously used his evolved form quite often in LeafGreen. Fielding the former in particular became quite risky as if an opponent got a good enough hit in he was still vulnerable, which is rare when you get that far into the game. This appears to have been a Rain Dance team - both Buizel and Rotom have the move, even though I couldn't get the different formes of Rotom. Munchlax has Curse too, suggesting I was quite patient with this save (and yes, his nickname is because I finally finished Breaking Bad in 2017).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 6, 2021
Love the Heartgold team Amore!

Crazy, just looked back at this and realized I am now replaying Black 2 and, thus, have a different team. Current team in black 2 is:

1. Servine(level 32)
2. Rufflet(level 34)
3. Axew(level 33)
4. Druddigon (level 33; he's my surfer).
5. Litwick (level 33)
6. Escavalier( level 32)

I have 5 badges and am in chargestone cave. As you can see, only Escavalier is fully evolved, though the others are getting kinda close. This is a less balanced team than I usually have, and they all evolve late. I usually have team members that evolve earlier than this, so it's been a fun challenge so far. Axew is especially getting harder to level up. Can't wait for my Haxorus, Chandelure, and Braviary. It will definitely be all worth it at that point. :)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Platinum (2 badges):
Cobblepot - Prinplup (Male) lvl 20
Bulletman - Staravia (Male) lvl 24
Angry - Bunneary (Female) lvl 20

Idk if these are the levels. They are in the Journal Thread of my Platinum run and I'm too lazy to check

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
I'll have to check Ultra Moon but can anyone guess in the meantime? To make it a bit easier, they're all in the 2nd stage, but I do have Sceptile, Altaria, Ampharos, and Charizard obtained at this point...

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Do hacks count? I've got a team of 66 pokemon in Renegade Platinum, and I hate myself. Not gonna list them because its a pain.

My last "proper" playthrough was Let's Go Pikachu with a team of 10:
Kingler
Tangela
Hypno
Scyther
Alolan Raticate
Arcanine
Weezing
Magneton
Butterfree
Chansey

Even with more than 6 pokemon, I didn't have to grind that much. Pretty alright team. Also, if you're clever, you might notice something special about these 10 pokemon...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I just finished Platinum yesterday. My final team was:

Empoleon (Bubbles - Lvl 60)
Leafeon (Glamazon - Lvl 58)
Quagsire (In the Mud - Lvl 45)
Medicham (Judo - Lvl 41)
Staraptar (Stringwing - Lvl 58)
Rapidash (Epona - Lvl 58).

Levels were...scattered to say the least.

Only one left standing at the end of Cynthia was my starter. Did not use revives.

Years
currently playing yellow! the team is pikachu, clefable, mew, and mankey. probably will replace mankey for vaporeon sometime soon, and also need to nab myself a flying type...idk who i'll have as the final team member yet, ahhh

Years
Currently in a White playthrough and just about to head to Opelucid City, so nearing the end of the game now! My current team is:
1. Serperior
2. Musharna
3. Zebstrika
4. Lampent
5. Krookodile
6. Frillish

It's a decent team I guess, using a couple of new Pokemon I haven't used before in Chandelure and Jellicent (when they both evolve)

Back