• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on the fly or sat put

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you most often browse PokéCommunity from phone/mobile device, or from a computer? (desktop/laptop with keyboard and mouse/trackpad)

Years
    • Seen today
    Previously computer because I needed the keyboard for when I was typing ridiculously lengthy visitor messages. I'm not doing that so much right now, so I'll use my phone a bit more these days.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've always been an avid mobile PC-goer 😅 when I do sit down and use my proper nice keyboards and large screen with the forums, it's a nice experience and most stuff is so much easier and faster lol. And some things are hidden on mobile or not as apparent, or just look different, and while the mobile view certainly works better now than a few years ago before pc 2.0 haha, the desktop version is ofc still a more complete experience c:

Years
  • I'm nearly always on my phone!

I switch to the laptop for more complicated stuff like css or VPP things etc. but even then I do a fair amount of that sort of stuff on my phone too 😅

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm nearly always on my phone!

I switch to the laptop for more complicated stuff like css or VPP things etc. but even then I do a fair amount of that sort of stuff on my phone too 😅

Haha I used to manipulate the Admin Control Panel from phone even 😅 I do not recommend. But at least it works!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I visited PC on a phone maybe once or twice. I very much prefer it on a bigger PC/laptop as I find typing on a phone quite cumbersome and I also need a big screen.

Years
  • it's a 50/50 split for me. most of the time i use PC on desktop, but whenever i'm out and about (or simply feeling too lazy/tired to get on my desktop), it's mobile. i dislike posting on mobile though, so i really only browse there and make any posts i want to make on desktop as it's more comfortable.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    100% on my computer.
    I very rarely use my phone to browse the internet. Either I am at home, or at work, and I have a computer, or I am outside, doing something else, seeing people, shopping or whatever, so I don't need the internet to keep me busy. If I'm bored or in the transports, I generally get lost in my thoughts.

Years
    • Seen today
    Haha I used to manipulate the Admin Control Panel from phone even 😅 I do not recommend. But at least it works!
    Oh man back when I tried using the Mod CP on my phone it was PAINFUL trying to navigate because it was not mobile optimized in the least. Some days you'd be better off pulling teeth.

I'm a pretty 50/50 split, but since I'm on my phone more often I'd definitely put more weight on that half because typing messages out on a phone is really not fun, I'd rather have a full keyboard for that. Mobile more for browsing, desktop more for posting and replying.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like my keyboards too much. I really don't enjoy using mobile devices is all.

I can use them, but if there's a chance I can sit down and use tactile hardware, I'm going to opt to do that.
    lmao wow i relate
    I greatly do prefer typing PC posts and typing anything more than IMs on my keyboards, haha. Discord too, I suppose, but most often I chat with people on mobile on the go I guess.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • I browse PC on a PC. I've been trying to make a habit of looking at it when I'm taking a break from assignments.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Computer. I like to open up every thread I want to see from every forum I visit, then click "mark site as read". That would be very difficult on iOS.

Years
  • Update to my answer: I've been on my phone a lot more these days thanks to the typhoon, and it's been a pretty rough experience with this site. I relate to everyone here in that typing out comments is far far better on a keyboard than on a touchscreen (especially if you wanna do bbcode).

Add the fact that post count is hidden by default, so I gotta check my profile every now and then to see if my VPP's done lol.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Usually my laptop since it's easier to post but I'm also comfortable with posting from my phone. I'll post on PC on my phone if I'm away from home and have a few minutes to spare. Posting in PC from bed is also much more comfortable on a phone so I usually do that. :D

Back