• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

back pain

Sirfetch’d

I've been struggling with back pain for the greater part of my life now. For the most part, I manage it. It doesn't really affect how I get through my day or whatever. However, as of late I have felt significantly worse. My spine is slightly unaligned, but not severe enough to warrant any major treatment such as surgery or a brace. I've changed out my mattress and have started working my back muscles more in attempt to alleviate some of the pain.

Does any of you suffer from back pain? How do you cope with it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I fell on my butt while ice skating once because I was trying to catch a plastic seal that said 'I am a happy dolphin' on it. My back would hurt, especially when I ran, for months after that, but I think it's fine now. Pull-ups help a lot.

Years
  • My upper back killed me before I got my breast reduction, but I doubt that's your issue, so I suggest trying good posture, and maybe laying down a bit to give it a rest?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • im a little over 6'3 and i have the typical tall person slouch

I've gotten better at standing up straight (almost habit), but you couldn't pay me enough money to sit up straight

my back hurts sometimes, but i dont want to exaggerate it. I'm sure if i continue my bad postures then ill have back problems down the road.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I know some friends with back pain via sports so here's my small secondhand advice:

1) always try to/have good posture, don't slouch because that causes natural stress on the spine (which makes that unaligned spine hurt a bit more)
    2) try to sleep directly on your back when you sleep, try avoid curling into a ball and be straight as a board
    3) do some stretches! you can look up some simple stretches or try to do some yoga!
    4) try to get some exercise if you've been lacking exercise

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I have a bad posture + fibromyalgia + hyperlaxe and it's worst in my shoulder (I dislocate them too easily). Honestly I don't have any advice for you, I just do... nothing. Trying to sit better when I realize how I am. My back feel better when I wear my feet orthosis (not sure it's the right term...) anyway, sometime the pain might come from somewhere else... (Me feets don't touch the ground, literally, only my toes and my heel, so this impact my legs and back too).

Years
  • I get some pretty awful back pain. Honestly I find the best thing to do is to lay flat on the ground with a heatpack under the bit that hurts. It's not really an option when working or out and about though.

Years
  • I get some pretty awful back pain. Honestly I find the best thing to do is to lay flat on the ground with a heatpack under the bit that hurts. It's not really an option when working or out and about though.

I don't have a condition or anything, but laying on the floor is the only thing that works for me when my back hurts. When any part of my body hurts, really.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • My mom suffers from back pain a lot. She usually sucks it up if it's not bad, but it got really bad last Monday. She doesn't exactly cope with it tbh. I guess you could say for her is that she's just very active some days and inactive on most other days. Her back usually isn't much of a problem for her every time. It's really hard to explain it because I'm not in her shoes, so I can't vouch for her, you know?

However, I do get back pain myself every now and then. See... I have poor posture. This makes me back hurt a lot unless it's resting against something like a computer chair or pillow. It's probably not nearly as bad as what you deal with... but I do have it on occasion. I've tried to maintain good posture, but because of my weight... it puts a lot of pressure on me, and I end up slouching back down again into poor posture.

This is unrelated... but I have weak shoulders too. It's mostly in my right shoulder because often times, I have a lot of problems with it. If I'm doing too much repetitive movements or motions at a time (typing doesn't count), then it can cause me severe pain and often times discomfort. No one knows what's wrong with my shoulder, but if you put your hand on it while I move it... you can hear it crackling a little.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    it's not chronic thankfully, but my posture is pretty bad and i sit in some uncomfortable chairs at work so yes, i am a sufferer

User19sq

My disability caused by a car accident. Keeps me from getting a job. Which keeps me from earning money. Which keeps me from paying for treatment. Which keeps me from getting better. Which keeps me from getting a job.

I truly am at the end of my pathetic life, eh? XD;;;;;;;;;;;

Sirfetch’d

I honestly am just really poor on my back to be honest. My posture is bad and I've not really taken the proper effort to change that.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I honestly am just really poor on my back to be honest. My posture is bad and I've not really taken the proper effort to change that.

It won't do miracle after just one time but a massage therapist might help. Mine work with my posture and it does help for a while. Actually I should be back there soon.

Years
  • Not that I've known. I hope it's not genetic, though, as my dad had problems with his back previously and eventually had to undergo disc surgery.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    i've always had rly bad lower back pain as a result of bad posture (i always stand w/ all my weight on one leg), mostly i cope w/ a lot of heat patches and sitting down a lot

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yeah, it's an on and off thing - I've had back trouble for yeaaars and it's awful. ]:

Well, it's okay when I lift heavy stuff, but not when I climb certain things... if that makes any sense? That's when it flares up. @_@

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I have a bit of lower back pain that I attribute to playing football for years when I was younger. It's not enough to inhibit me from any physical activity or anything, but it's there.

Back